ADVERTISEMENT

Riot at Ole Miss

Politics is just getting too ugly. How much farther will it go? I was really disgusted by some of the comments on Facebook....

Agree...I'm giving some FB folks a week to clear it out of their systems. If they can't I'm cutting them off.

Enough is enough, we elected a president, lets move on.

Afterall its just government, its not Razorback football.

Extreme reaction for sure. And what happened to common decency and courtesy?

While standing in line waiting to vote yesterday morning, a man walked up to get into line and the person handing out "Vote Democrat" samples approached him and asked him if he wanted a flyer, and he said in a very loud, unfriendly and gruff voice, "ABSOLUTELY NOT"!

He could have simply said in a normal voice "No, thank you" but I guess it's beyond many people these days to be courteous.

I don't know what is happening to our society.

OT but funny..Several years ago I was satnding in line to vote and a young girl 18 or so and mom were ahead of me. A guy the girls age comes up and cuts in line because he knows her and ignores everyone else. Normally I would have told him to get his ass to the back of the line, but I was in a good mood and just let it go. He was showing her his brand new Iphone he just got the day before. He told her it cost $475, she says can I see it? He hands it too her and she drops it and it shatters on the sidewalk. They were both in a state of shock and she says did you get insurance he says no. I looked at the lady next to me and said loudly...cutting in line Karma is a bitch. I think he was crying. LOL

Originally posted by floridahog:

OT but funny..Several years ago I was satnding in line to vote and a young girl 18 or so and mom were ahead of me. A guy the girls age comes up and cuts in line because he knows her and ignores everyone else. Normally I would have told him to get his ass to the back of the line, but I was in a good mood and just let it go. He was showing her his brand new Iphone he just got the day before. He told her it cost $475, she says can I see it? He hands it too her and she drops it and it shatters on the sidewalk. They were both in a state of shock and she says did you get insurance he says no. I looked at the lady next to me and said loudly...cutting in line Karma is a bitch. I think he was crying. LOL
I LOL at your post because karma IS a bitch. Still feel bad for the kid though.

Most of us have been watching these elections for years and know how this works. Many of the kids in Miss just can't wrap their heads around someone winning the popular vote and losing the election. Uh, it's called the law kids. Go back to political science class and study up. And believe it or not, we want to keep the electoral college naming the winner, not the popular vote because states with low population will be totally ignored if we go to only the popular vote determining the winner of the election. Sometimes your candidate wins and sometimes they lose. I've voted for both over the years. Deal with the results like an adult. There is nothing to be gained by name calling and rioting. Absolutely nothing.

MMR, no kidding. Anyone who thinks there is some huge difference between Romney and Obama is not paying attention. No need to be overly upset of you're a Republican, since the course of the country ain't changing much with either of these jokers in there.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by nashvillerebel:
MMR, no kidding. Anyone who thinks there is some huge difference between Romney and Obama is not paying attention. No need to be overly upset of you're a Republican, since the course of the country ain't changing much with either of these jokers in there.

One could argue that line of reasoning I suppose but I think a second term Obama will be a much different guy. Remember the "off the record" comments to Medvedev about the missile shield? We can only wait and see. Oh and I should add this...have you checked the markets today? If you have any money in an IRA, 401K etc, unfortunately I think the differences will be painfully obvious.
This post was edited on 11/7 10:45 AM by Hog6

the course of the country ain't changing much with either of these jokers in there.
I really really really hate to talk politics (especially on a sports message board lol) but I think this is a pretty darn good assesment.

Yes I am a Citizen but yes I also understand that a lot would think I don't have any right to an opinion on matters like that as I was not born here(prolly right too lol).

Totally respect that opinion but I would be remiss not to ask: have you checked your year to date 401k? Or the market returns since March '09? The markets have been really good to investors for over 3 years now. To ypur point though, would they be way up today if Romney won? Absolutely.

The guy's response who is at Boston University calling out Mississippi for being last in education makes me laugh. The country world-wide is last in education. Do not brag about being in the upper echelon of a group that is dead last.

As for the 'riot,' looked kinda weak and overblown by the media.

Originally posted by Trey Biddy:
The guy's response who is at Boston University calling out Mississippi for being last in education makes me laugh. The country world-wide is last in education. Do not brag about being in the upper echelon of a group that is dead last.

Cut them some slack Trey. It's hard to riot when you just chugged a sixer of natty ice with your butt.

Originally posted by hpharri1994:

Originally posted by Trey Biddy:

Cut them some slack Trey. It's hard to riot when you just chugged a sixer of natty ice with your butt.
or a 40oz of Malt Liquor lol.

Just a little observation .... IMHO if you want a TRUE indication of where a society is headed and how well it's leaders are doing, ask it's VETERANS. After all it is they that have paid for it.

Here is all you really need to know:

Budget deficits under Bush:
2000 314 B surplus
2001 127 B surplus
2002 157 B deficit
2003 377 B deficit
2004 413 B deficit
2005 318 B deficit
2006 248 B deficit
2007 161 B deficit
2008 459 B deficit

Obama

2009 1.43 T deficit
2010 1.29 T deficit
2011 1.29 T deficit
2012 1.11 T deficit
Yes that's trillion with a T
If my maths right

Under 8 years of Bush we rang up 1.645 trillion in debt and under Obama
So far 5.09 trillion.

I guess its easy to vote for the current president if its not your 5 trillion!!
Posted from wireless.rivals.com[/URL]

Originally posted by Woodlands_Hog:
Here is all you really need to know:

Budget deficits under Bush:
2000 314 B surplus
2001 127 B surplus
2002 157 B deficit
2003 377 B deficit
2004 413 B deficit
2005 318 B deficit
2006 248 B deficit
2007 161 B deficit
2008 459 B deficit

Obama

2009 1.43 T deficit
2010 1.29 T deficit
2011 1.29 T deficit
2012 1.11 T deficit
Yes that's trillion with a T
If my maths right

Under 8 years of Bush we rang up 1.645 trillion in debt and under Obama
So far 5.09 trillion.

I guess its easy to vote for the current president if its not your 5 trillion!!

Posted from wireless.rivals.com
Cool story. Keep living in fantasy land and we will keep winning elections.

Originally posted by Hog6:

One could argue that line of reasoning I suppose but I think a second term Obama will be a much different guy. Remember the "off the record" comments to Medvedev about the missile shield? We can only wait and see. Oh and I should add this...have you checked the markets today? If you have any money in an IRA, 401K etc, unfortunately I think the differences will be painfully obvious.

The market will correct it self in a few days or weeks. Not really worried

Totally respect that opinion but I would be remiss not to ask: have you checked your year to date 401k? Or the market returns since March '09? The markets have been really good to investors for over 3 years now. To ypur point though, would they be way up today if Romney won? Absolutely.

Have done pretty well, yes but that is past tense. Three months from retirement makes it even more bitter to swallow. I won't go on but dayam.

Woodlands, you're being a little loose with the math there. That's not an aggregate of 5 trillion, that's a yearly running amount and, if you look at those figures properly you'd see that under the current administration the deficit has been reduced over the last 3 years by 300 billion dollars. Not an argument on my part, just the facts that you see I'm front of you when looking at those numbers.

Originally posted by HogView:

Originally posted by Hog6:

The market will correct it self in a few days or weeks. Not really worried
I expect the market will go into decline as we near Jan. 1st. Not the usual selling and taking profits kind of decline. Wait until all the taxes kick in Jan 1...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT