ADVERTISEMENT

SEC

were you guys looking ahead?
We really couldn't run last week against UTEP. We are coming out in passing formations and have given up the run game. Just as well, with no 2 a days and having the OL pass blocking they forgot how to run block and got soft. Also with no FB like last year it killed our running game. Planning to have replacements is a head coaches responsibility so it appears that CBB has failed in that respect.

Reactions: Cosmoc
Coach and stop with the smack talk BB, it always comes back to bite you and your wife. Remember #karma?
COvaPotWoAAxkr9.jpg

Hey Hambone, your comment above,"The fact is, every team in the SEC faces a harder schedule than anybody in the Big 10 " seems to infer that weak B10 schedules is a very pressing concern by the teams in the SEC, possibly the No.1 concern in the SEC. Maybe winning games against MAC or non-Power 5 teams at home should be SEC's (or at least Arkansas') principal concern

I agree Tony this is a good lesson for every p-5 team. When you play a mid-major they will bring it and coaches better have their teams prepared or they will get beat. Remember Appy state Michigan? Appy State didn't have to be "better" than Michigan but for 1 hour on one Saturday..

Hey Hambone, your comment above,"The fact is, every team in the SEC faces a harder schedule than anybody in the Big 10 " seems to infer that weak B10 schedules is a very pressing concern by the teams in the SEC, possibly the No.1 concern in the SEC. Maybe winning games against MAC or non-Power 5 teams at home should be SEC's (or at least Arkansas') principal concern

Not at all. If you look at how many SEC teams are ranked... and how many Big 10 teams are ranked. The same could be said of the BIG 12, PAC 12, etc.

It's just fact.

Come play in the SEC and see what a grind it is. It's one thing to play a ranked team... It's a whole different animal when you play 8 of them in a single season.

It wasn't so many years ago that #2 Michigan was beaten by Ap. State. Not even an FBS team.

Last edited:
Well OSU played the best that the SEC could offer last January, also down South. They also beat Arkansas a few years ago, I realize that the victory didn't count because of the Tatgate scandal, but we really know who won that game.

Well OSU played the best that the SEC could offer last January, also down South. They also beat Arkansas a few years ago, I realize that the victory didn't count because of the Tatgate scandal, but we really know who won that game.

COOL! you played ONE SEC team... Now, play 8 ranked teams back to back and let's see how it goes.

Arkansas used to play in the SWC... if we beat Texas, we won the conference championship! Pretty sweet deal.... only having to beat one ranked team to win a Conference Championship. We've been in your place.. Have you ever had a schedule where you had to play 8 ranked teams in a row?

The SEC is a grind. I don't think you can understand how hard it is until you played it. Imagine having to play Michigan 8 times in a row. Think Ohio State could go undefeated?

Yeah, I was pretty pissed that those guys didn't serve their penalty.

It can't be too tough in the sec, heck Missouri's been in the league what 3 or 4 years and they have won two conference titles.

Fact: Toledo has half as many SEC wins just yesterday, as Bert does in 2+ years of coaching in the SEC

It can't be too tough in the sec, heck Missouri's been in the league what 3 or 4 years and they have won two conference titles.

Fact: Toledo has half as many SEC wins just yesterday, as Bert does in 2+ years of coaching in the SEC

If Ohio state played Michigan 8 times in a row. Would they win all 8?

I believe Missouri won division titles. Not conference titles. They're just lucky they aren't in the SEC West. Where all 7 teams are ranked in the top 26.

How many teams in the entire Big-10 are ranked?

Who is Bert?

Sorry but I am not one of these SEC Conference homers, I am brutally honest and speak my mind. True the SEC had 10 ranked teams last week, Ark will drop out for sure, Allbarn was ranked too high and so was Missouri. I don't think Missouri is even worthy of a top 25 ranking, heck they never did squat in the big 12 and neither did aTm but since they both joined the SEC they are now looked at as powerhouses for some reason. I have said it for years that I am a fan of a team not a conference, to cheer for your competition just so you can say the SEC is the BEST Conf in the land is absolutely stupid. Yeah, here in the SEC we want our enemies to do very well, even though we cannot win the Conf and Natty Title so we live on the coat tails of our enemies. Make NO SENSE! Makes even less sense to crow about a tough schedule this early in the season when nobody knows how good anyone is. Like it or not there is an SEC bias in the polls. Ole Miss is putting up a lot of points vs cupcakes, we lose to Toledo lol, Miss St seems to have come back down to reality, Missouri almost lost to Ark St. etc etc. Stop drinking the kool aid people. Until Ark can win the SEC and not lose to teams like La Monroe and Toledo we will never be relevant In the SEC. Right now we are no better than Kentucky or Vanderbilt the last few years. Let that sink in. Stop making excuses for a tough schedule and man up, we won't know how tough it is until the season is over but who cares anyway except for the whiners.

Sorry but I am not one of these SEC Conference homers, I am brutally honest and speak my mind. True the SEC had 10 ranked teams last week, Ark will drop out for sure, Allbarn was ranked too high and so was Missouri. I don't think Missouri is even worthy of a top 25 ranking, heck they never did squat in the big 12 and neither did aTm but since they both joined the SEC they are now looked at as powerhouses for some reason. I have said it for years that I am a fan of a team not a conference, to cheer for your competition just so you can say the SEC is the BEST Conf in the land is absolutely stupid. Yeah, here in the SEC we want our enemies to do very well, even though we cannot win the Conf and Natty Title so we live on the coat tails of our enemies. Make NO SENSE! Makes even less sense to crow about a tough schedule this early in the season when nobody knows how good anyone is. Like it or not there is an SEC bias in the polls. Ole Miss is putting up a lot of points vs cupcakes, we lose to Toledo lol, Miss St seems to have come back down to reality, Missouri almost lost to Ark St. etc etc. Stop drinking the kool aid people. Until Ark can win the SEC and not lose to teams like La Monroe and Toledo we will never be relevant In the SEC. Right now we are no better than Kentucky or Vanderbilt the last few years. Let that sink in. Stop making excuses for a tough schedule and man up, we won't know how tough it is until the season is over but who cares anyway except for the whiners.

I wouldn't hold my nose too high towards Kentucky and vandy. Arkansas has never been a powerhouse, and could lose to both uk or vandy this season.

ADVERTISEMENT