ADVERTISEMENT

Template for building BB team

DaxC

Starter
Dec 21, 2001
Look to Maryland.

They aren't Kentucky but they have figured out how to play the game. Using UnderArmor and ties to the AAU circuit. Seem to have admin support. Also, seem to have great assistant coaches but nobody that is headline 'names'.

Turgeon has a template and there is no reason it can't work here. Same resources and commitment at Maryland as Arkansas. Signed two top 100 guards, got Melo Trimble back, and just signed top 40 player Justin Jackson and now have a great team coming into '16/'17 in a year that was going to be a total rebuild.

I went to a MD BB dinner last month. I have never been to an Arkansas Friends dinner so no comparison for me. But, Turgeon talked all about his assistants Dustin Clarke, Bino Ranson, and Cliff Warren for as long as he talked about his players. It was very clear that he gives them free rein but is deeply involved in helping them be successful.

Living in DC, I am actually closer to MD BB than Arkansas relative to insights. But, to those close to our program, why can't we do this???

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News