ADVERTISEMENT

Texas State thoughts...

Jan 26, 2016
Hot Springs, AR
The more I read about this team, the more I get worried about Saturday. On paper, they are a very well built team that can do some damage on offense. Defense has some gaps and will give up some points. Looks like another high scoring game and if we don't execute on both sides of the ball, we could be in for a long day. Just wondering what you guys thoughts on this matchup are?

There are no automatic wins, there have been a lot of examples across the country the first couple of weeks. The team better have their heads in the game and not think they can skate through. Our pass D is still weak and exploitable, pass protection still needs work as well. Walker needs to step up, he has seemed to drop off a bit from last year and I'm not sure how well Williams can hold up without getting some help and rest from the backups. If AA can stay as focused as he was last week and not revert to how he played in the opener then our offense should keep us in this one, and with some meaningful contributions from Walker and DevWah I believe we can wear them down pull away as the game progresses, but I don't see our lack of a pass D being able to keep them off the scoreboard. They did well the first half last week but started getting sloppy as they got tired in the second half. I was hoping we could build enough of a lead to give our backup QB and RBs a meaningful amount of actual gameplay to bring along their development, but not sure our defensive backfield will let us.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT