ADVERTISEMENT

Thanks Wizard

Originally posted by theWizard12:
Expect what? Not being ok with homosexuality being on a children's network? How terrible of me....
Get used to it...kids are going to be exposed to it from here on out at an early age...and you know, maybe they should.

Originally posted by HogGotti:

Expect what? Not being ok with homosexuality being on a children's network? How terrible of me....
Get used to it...kids are going to be exposed to it from here on out at an early age...and you know, maybe they should.
Meh, I didn't want to have that conversation with my kids until they had a chance to understand it. To each his own I guess. I'll raise mine my own way and everybody else can do the same.

If it wasn't a big deal, it wouldn't be such a big deal.... but it is.

Originally posted by HogGotti:

And why is that? Is society really heading in a better direction by teaching kids sexuality before they are old enough to understand it? Is the gay message more important than the welfare of kids? Is there a positive purpose in teaching 6-9 year old kids what sex is in any direction? If so, what is it?

Our society is going in the crapper by the day. Was Andy Griffith a bad show b/c Andy and Barney weren't getting laid every episode? Are TV and movies really better b/c we see naked folks humping these days as opposed to days past? Is it really a step forward that two men make out on network TV as opposed to the days when married TV couples had twin beds?

The question you need to ask yourself is what's next? You see, once you cross moral lines(as we have in the last generation) somebody is always looking to cross the next one. So what next,once the gay fight is won? Beastiality? Pedophiles? Incest? Legalized rape? Before you call that thinking absurd, think about how much sex, violence, and language we have normalized over the last 3 decades. Everytime we take a step in that direction, somebody is going to push until we take another. History does repeat itself.

When Clark Gable said I don't give a damn in GWTW, it was almost scandalous at the time. Nobody had ever said a cuss word in a movie before. In 1970 Midnight Cowboy was the first X rated movie to ever win an Academy Award. Saw it on a cable awhile back and it is now rated PG and they didn't even have to cut it. Ricky and Lucy, though married in real life, had twin beds on the set. These days, every TV date ends up in bed it seems like.

I remember during deer season when I was a teen, it was very common for kids to hunt until school started and drive to school with their guns in their trucks. Nobody ever thought anything of it. Now days, kids are getting sent home for biting their sandwich into the shape of a gun for gosh sakes. Why? B/c we are a screwed up society with no moral compass and honestly, folks with your mindset are blindly letting it happen while you neglect history and cheerlead. Sad deal. I hate to think what we are leaving our future generations.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT