ADVERTISEMENT

The basketball team has two heads.

TOP HOG

All-Conference
Jun 11, 2002
One day they are real good. The next real bad. I see a struggle to get 20 wins. It’s going to take awhile for the new guys to settle in.

The team is in it’s second week at #26. Need a good win Wednesday but, the UT game will either vault the HOGS into the top 25 or drop them into the 30s. The first 5 SEC games will tell us a lot about this team. Anything less than 4-1 and the HOGS will be a bubble team this year.

Hogs are great at Home.. But They Suck on the Road.
Mike Anderson gets Outcoached on the Road against teams that Arkansas would
Beat by Tweenty if they had Eddie Sutton coaching these kids.
I love Mike Anderson but His RoAd Record Suxs.. It will always suck.
I don’t get it. Good team win on the Rod and at home.
Mike Anderson s teams win at Home. We lose on the Road.
Miss State is like Houston CougArs and will be Lucky to make NIT.
Arkansas has three great guards and. Awesome Center.
But playing three Power Forwards equal minutes is this Teams weakness.
Auburn is Really Good. I want even watch that game because if you look at Mike Anderson s record at Arkansas he wins almost 90 percent at Home and 80 percent of the Time on the Road.
We are going to go from Top 20 one week. To 1 Sec Win and 2 loses.
The Sec is finally good in Basketball this year like Sec Football. Arkansas will be Lucky to get 1 Win on the Road in the Sec. So 7 loses on the Road and I could see us losing to Kentucky at home.
Arkansas will be Lucky to get back to the NCAA...
Mike Anderson was on the Hot seat 2 years ago because he can t win on the Road and Can
Mike Anderson take Arkansas back to the NCAA every year like Eddie Sutton or a Higher level like Nolan who won a National Championship. After we played North Carolina in the Phil Knight invitational
And Arkansas Still can t play with the Big Boys..

If your going to Beat Duke North Carolina Kansas and Kentucky?
You learn to win games like today’s game where Arkansas lead the whole second Half
And then with 2 minutes left ..Mike Anderson got OUTCOACHED.......

I threw the Houston Cougars game out earlier this year because in Basketball you will have Games you just don’t show up and the team your playing is on Fire. But, Now I know why the Hogs lost because Arkansas
Can t win on the Road...... This is How you take your program to the Next level.

My question to Hog Fans? Is Mike Anderson really the Man to bring us Back to NCAA championship level?

Mike Anderson s best teams with Qualls and Bobby Portis couldn’t t WIN on the Road?
I was so excited about our basketball team and then Mike Anderson Got so OutCoached
By Miss State s Coach is was embarrassing. Auburn is playing as well as aonyone in the SEC
So that Means Arkansas will lose by 20

Mike Anderson needs to find a Power Forward for his team and Learn How To Win on the Road?
3 Guards and Center D.Gafford will not be enough to get this team to the NCAA Tournament.
I believe Cook is the best of all three power Forwards..
However, I think Trey Thompson should get a Chance to start at Power Forward.
He is our best passer and this team still has no Point Guard..

Go hogs

They can't shoot free throws worth a darn. If they could the Tennessee game would have never went to OT and they would have won last night. If they ever learn to shoot without someone up in their face they would be dangerous.

I must have watched an entirely different game... Mike Anderson did not get out coached. The Hogs shot 51% from the field and 40% from 3 point land. Our two senior guards who attack and get to the line, only had 7 free throw attempts the entire game. Sure, we did not make our free throws and the entire team is struggling this year from the charity stripe. But a 51% field goal percentage and a 40% 3pt percentage should win you a game on the road.... as long as the home team doesn't get 40.... 40 free throw attempts. MissSt had 40 to the mere 12 attempts the Hogs got. The Hogs are a very good team, and have a great coach. The only thing you can say about last night's game is that Anderson got "out-free throwed."

But yes, they still could have won.

All of the HOGS road losses have a common factor. They have slow starts. It has to be a mental block because they come on strong in the second half. If they want to make the NCAA tournament they will need to overcome their road block.

From the top to the bottom in 3 games. I guess we can quit comparing them to the 1994 team now. All the wheels fell off and crashed in the ditch. Not sure they can climb back into being a competitive team. They looked real bad against LSU.

And moving up again with back to back road games looming. This rollercoaster is hard to watch.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT