ADVERTISEMENT

The parity in the SEC is unreal....except for Bama...and with a soft HC...

boarsnest

Letterman
Gold Member
Nov 15, 2002
Fayetteville
...can see no way that we can realistically expect more than 8 wins a year. We do not have the recruits (we consistently finish in the bottom 3....and dead last in the SEC West) to expect more. That said, we do not have a great set of coaches. The defense really is poorly coached and frankly, not tough at all (mentally or physically). The offense is above average in the SEC but cannot overcome very poor special teams and no defense. Too bad as if we were just average in these areas, we could win 10.

I like what the HC stands for but he is not a tough guy, despite his self-hype. Also, players cannot respect a guy who is that obese....when he is asking them to be physically tough. I that he was a tough guy that would field tough players....not the case. He should load the players in a bus next August, go to west Texas, and have full contact 2-a-days to establish who he wants us to be....and show up at those practices 100 lbs lighter.

I am just visiting your site. I think boarsnest does have a point about the message that is being set to your players by the head coach. It may seem petty, but when you are demanding a commitment from your players you should be sending them a strong message verbally and by your actions. that said, other coaches have the same problem. Your coach is not alone.

Your program is in a tough conference and only you folks can set your expectations for achievement on the field. I will keep out of that discussion.

Reactions: GiveEmtheTusk
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT