ADVERTISEMENT

The US Gov. shut-down is no more

BilboHawg

All-Conference
Gold Member
Apr 7, 2007
it was settled, the demo's agreed on most with the exception of the fence along our southern borders, according to the ADG

McConnell isn't going to put it to a vote in the Senate because Trump has said he'll veto it due to lack of funding for his wall. The bill passed by the House is not ending the shutdown.

Mitch won’t put it on the floor - why not? It’s the same bill that was overwhelmingly passed by the Senate three weeks ago. If it’s good enough to pass then it should be put on the floor for a vote again...... if Trump wants to veto it then so be it.

Mitch won’t put it on the floor - why not? It’s the same bill that was overwhelmingly passed by the Senate three weeks ago. If it’s good enough to pass then it should be put on the floor for a vote again...... if Trump wants to veto it then so be it.

I'm not supporting McConnell's position. In fact, I disagree with it. I think he's cowering to Trump. That's just what he's said.

And a wall was good enough for the Democrats to vote for before Trump. Works both ways

There are 2 branches of Congress. House passed a bill, but there is no way it will get brought to the Senate floor.

Reactions: nm33091992
$5b is too much money for a border wall but we'll continue to give over $14b to foreign countries? When will the government start putting AMERICAN people first? Screw foreign aid if we continue to shell money out because of illegal immigration.

Should we spend $5b on border security? Yes. On steel slats or a concrete wall? No that’s stupid. There are drones, and other technology that can secure the border. A concrete wall isn’t going to help shit, but cost a ton of money.

Reactions: qteezy
Should we spend $5b on border security? Yes. On steel slats or a concrete wall? No that’s stupid. There are drones, and other technology that can secure the border. A concrete wall isn’t going to help shit, but cost a ton of money.
I’m going to need an explanation of how a drone will keep people from crossing the border better than a huge wall. Is this real life?

I’m going to need an explanation of how a drone will keep people from crossing the border better than a huge wall. Is this real life?

Those drones must have agent orange to dump or something...but that's too inhumane. I'm not interested in killing everyone trying to get in the US, I just want it to sloooooooooooooow down.

Reactions: nm33091992
Those drones must have agent orange to dump or something...but that's too inhumane. I'm not interested in killing everyone trying to get in the US, I just want it to sloooooooooooooow down.
2000 people a day illegally was the last estimate I saw. That’s ridiculous and frightening at the same time

Unless we’re going to authorize drones to fire on illegal aliens illegally entering our borders,not gonna do any good to take the picture like the water ride at Disney World.

Right because no illegal aliens will ever figure out the concept of a ladder or use the tunnels already created to get to the other side smh. The concept of a wall being our border savior is quite comical to me as well as many citizens of this country. An increase in funds to actually protect the border should happen but funding a poticial promise for a wall that we as tax payers ( not mexico as he promosied ) will have to pay for is not the answer IMO

It’s so funny how stupid some are just because you’re on one side or the other politically. It’s pretty scary honestly.

Reactions: Doyle55731
Unless we’re going to authorize drones to fire on illegal aliens illegally entering our borders,not gonna do any good to take the picture like the water ride at Disney World.

The drones or unmanned aircrafts can detect people and map out where people are when they cross the border. This allows border patrol to catch them. The technology is there for a secure border. However a concrete wall behind the Rio Grande is asinine. Here is an article explaining part of what Homeland Security has been working on. A concrete wall is like using a kerosene lamp, or a beeper. Sure it might work sometime, but it’s out of date and not worth the money.

https://washingtontechnology.com/articles/2018/05/03/dhs-border-drones.aspx?m=1

Just my opinion, we should use every possible, humane effort to keep people from crossing our sovereign borders illegally. I believe a wall will be effective to a great extent. Once they cross our borders we get the shit show we’ve had at the border or we just let them loose in our country. I’m 100% in favor of a wall.

Just my opinion, we should use every possible, humane effort to keep people from crossing our sovereign borders illegally. I believe a wall will be effective to a great extent. Once they cross our borders we get the shit show we’ve had at the border or we just let them loose in our country. I’m 100% in favor of a wall.

I bet your in favor of Chad Morris running the Dead T too.

A physical barrier is actually a very cheap and effective method on the whole. People need to be logical. Even if you hate trump. I don't like him but I am reasonable enough to understand that many of his ideas make sense for the country.

Most illegals are here from over staying their visas, not crossing the southern border.

Reactions: RazorSavage
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT