ADVERTISEMENT

The US Gov. shut-down is no more

Most illegals are here from over staying their visas, not crossing the southern border.
If we catch them they should be forced to leave at their own expense or face prison sentences the
Most illegals are here from over staying their visas, not crossing the southern border.
and if caught they should have to leave at their own expense or face prison then a tax payer funded deportation

That doesn’t fit the Right Wing Propaganda. My question is without border security (more agents, drones, security systems, technology) what is a wall going to do? I mean a 20 ft wall just requires a couple of ladders and a rope to scale. They will hop that thing faster than you can do a load of laundry or cook dinner.

If we catch them they should be forced to leave at their own expense or face prison sentences the

and if caught they should have to leave at their own expense or face prison then a tax payer funded deportation

How does a wall solve the immigration problem? It does nothing. Nobody’s arguing border security. But the wall was a stupid campaign promise that is fiscally irresponsible.

I say if ther can scale a 30 foot , smooth steel wall without a ladder, give them a shovel or hoe and put them to work. If not they have to go back.
giphy.gif

Last edited:
How does a wall solve the immigration problem? It does nothing. Nobody’s arguing border security. But the wall was a stupid campaign promise that is fiscally irresponsible.
No one is saying it solves all problems but( anytime anyone says something then but, everything before but is bullshit. Rule still applies here) it’s definitely a big tool in keeping illegals out. Drive past any military base, prison, or top secret type facility, what do they all have in common? The first mechanism to dissuade unwanted entry is a wall, fence, etc. look at the White House for Pete’s sake

Reactions: Lefty8
No one is saying it solves all problems but( anytime anyone says something then but, everything before but is bullshit. Rule still applies here) it’s definitely a big tool in keeping illegals out. Drive past any military base, prison, or top secret type facility, what do they all have in common? The first mechanism to dissuade unwanted entry is a wall, fence, etc. look at the White House for Pete’s sake

What Trump wants is a concrete wall or steel slats. This isn’t over fencing. He specifically said $5b for a concrete wall or steel slats.

If the government is going to take the time,effort and resources to build some sort of , let’s call it a partition so as not to offend anyone’s delicate sensitivity, it ought to be a barrier that take more than a $9.00 set of bolt cutters to penetrate.

I just don’t see a rational argument made about the wall, if built and monitored properly, it will be quantitatively more effective. I see many arguments made about not wanting to give Trump a win, however logical argument can’t be made that 30 foot steel slats will not drastically reduce illegal entry to this country.

I just don’t see a rational argument made about the wall, if built and monitored properly, it will be quantitatively more effective. I see many arguments made about not wanting to give Trump a win, however logical argument can’t be made that 30 foot steel slats will not drastically reduce illegal entry to this country.
There’s not an argument, it 100% would help.

Not so hot take: Trump doesn’t want a wall. He wants to campaign on the promise of a wall. If he wanted a wall he could’ve asked for the money the previous two years when the GOP held both the house and senate.

Not so hot take: Trump doesn’t want a wall. He wants to campaign on the promise of a wall. If he wanted a wall he could’ve asked for the money the previous two years when the GOP held both the house and senate.
I get so tired of hearing and seeing this shit.
IT TAKES 60 VOTES IN THE SENATE.
10 Democrats have to vote yes for anything to pass and they refuse. No reason to bring up the vote until you know something will actually pass. This talking point you posted is for complete idiots to believe.

And NO, I didn’t vote for Trump, sure as hell didn’t vote for HC either. I didn’t vote for either.

10 Democrats have to vote yes for anything to pass and they refuse. No reason to bring up the vote until you know something will actually pass. This talking point you posted is for complete idiots to believe.

And NO, I didn’t vote for Trump, sure as hell didn’t vote for HC either. I didn’t vote for either.
If it wouldn’t pass then, why is he bringing it up now, with even less of a majority in the senate?

If it wouldn’t pass then, why is he bringing it up now, with even less of a majority in the senate?
He has more of a majority now in the Senate, they added seats in senate this last vote and lost in house. Bill has passed in the house, but won’t in the senate without 8 to 10 democrats approving it.

Used to need 60 until McConnell changed things around to make it a simple majority needed to pass items. You think Kavanaugh got 60 voted for the SC?

Used to need 60 until McConnell changed things around to make it a simple majority needed to pass items. You think Kavanaugh got 60 voted for the SC?
Still need 60. They can use the nuclear option or whatever it’s called, but I’m not sure how that works exactly. If it were just majority it would’ve been passed already.

Mcconnel is on record saying he wont allow the nuclear option. As far as the question of why Trump didnt get the money for the wall before? Google Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnell and you will have your answer

Read here and you will understand how and when a simple majority is only required and not the 60 votes.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_option

I got the name wrong in my original reply as it was Gorsuch that they used the simple majority on and then it continued with Kavanaugh. All because there weren't 10 Democrats that would have voted for either. And that all happened after McConnell refused for over a year to even hold a vote for Merrick Garland because he would have given a left tilt to the court and made up the excuse that outgoing presidents couldn't/shouldn't be allowed to fill seats in their last year.

It's all partisan hack bullshit that was used to stack the supreme court.

I got the name wrong in my original reply as it was Gorsuch that they used the simple majority on and then it continued with Kavanaugh. All because there weren't 10 Democrats that would have voted for either. And that all happened after McConnell refused for over a year to even hold a vote for Merrick Garland because he would have given a left tilt to the court and made up the excuse that outgoing presidents couldn't/shouldn't be allowed to fill seats in their last year.

It's all partisan hack bullshit that was used to stack the supreme court.
Stack the supreme court with what, exactly?

Mcconnel is on record saying he wont allow the nuclear option. As far as the question of why Trump didnt get the money for the wall before? Google Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnell and you will have your answer

Pretty sure the measure that got passed had funding for border security (drones, cameras and ICE support) but no wall money.

McConnell and Ryan are rat ****ers.

Pretty sure the measure that got passed had funding for border security (drones, cameras and ICE support) but no wall money.

Nope, as a matter of fact, the Dems want to terminate ICE

You do realize many of these same Dems passed a bill through several years ago for a wall on the southern border, correct?

Reactions: Doyle55731
Bwcwaisia

What the house just passed has 5.7 billion for the wall included.

You also realize that both Bush jr and Obama asked for money to repair the fences already on parts of the border and the Dems passed it without hesitation. I believe they gave the Obama administration 8B

On a side note, trump met with Pelosi today. He sat down and asked her if he helped to get the government back open today if he would get the 5.7B for the wall, she said no, and he stopped the meeting right away.

Now Pelosi looked into the camera last night and lied to the entire nation about how important it was to the country to have the government operational, then ONCE AGAIN, turned down a deal to make it happen

She has been quoted time and again that the wall "is just a campaign promise" for Trump. I for one find it refreshing we finally have a president who thinks its important to actually keep his campaign promises, apparently, Pelosi doesnt think its important to keep promises to the ordinary American scum

Correct. Trump had the house vote to show Pelosi that he did indeed have the votes in the house, but as always didn’t have votes in the senate.

5.7 billion was approved by the house.
Thought you said it was done today............thats how i took the "just passed". We are on the same page

Reactions: futurehawgdad9
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT