ADVERTISEMENT

This...more of this

So the first thing you see was the color of the man's skin?

Why is it that the groups marching for equally are the first to individualize and divide into groups?

If every man and woman are truly equal, which I believe. Is there a need for division other than to gain power and money?
You brought up skin color when you specifically stated "The black community" I only selected the image to illustrate people other than members of the black community are kneeling

They do not divide into groups as much as they are segregated into groups by the racism & discrimination. Let's go all the way back to the constitution to the 3/5ths compromise for the counting of slaves...not their choice...Civil rights was to protest discrimnation against black people...equal rights discrimination against women.

I am pretty damn sure if there were discrinatory laws & practices against tall people...thus segregating tall people...tall people would protest.

The groups marching for equality do not put laws in place that discriminate against themselves, therefore collectively as a group because of those laws they protest.

If you don't understand that...that's all I got for you.

Reactions: MR_ARKANSAS
This board is all about different options. Why would you want to cancel those you disagree with?
I love differing opinions. I don't even mind reading angry ones, but I know how the duck is

I don’t have the answer to any of the questions being asked in this thread.
However my hope is that we can all treat each other with kindness and respect regardless of race, or any other differences we may have. I Just wish things were different than how they are. None of us are totally wrong or totally right. We all have a lot to learn.
My only thing is I Jist don’t want any of us to be categorized by others actions.

Thanks for posting concrete numbers for discussion purposes. The only way to really get to solutions for any problem is to move beyond the emotions and analyze hard data and the reasons behind it.

Prison Population

Isn't it possible that this has to do more with the fact that Black Americans are more likely to live in poverty than whites? That doesn't disprove any theories of race being a factor, but it doesn't prove a racial bias in the prison system itself. Poor whites receive similar treatment to poor Blacks from the police...profiling, more violent treatment, etc.

Drug Offenses

How many of those drug offenses are possession related versus "intent to deliver"? Lumping all drug charges in together can cloud the issue. Note that I'm not disputing that a Black man is more likely to be incarcerated over simple possession than a white one. Again it likely gets back to economics as much as anything...fewer job opportunities means more Black men choose to risk incarceration by dealing drugs. Are there really that many people, regardless of race, who are in jail for simple possession charges? I've known a few people who have done time for this (some white, a few Black), and while their main problem was addiction they only ended up in jail after numerous offenses (think five or more) with large amounts of drugs. The idea of the casual weed smoker who gets busted with a dime bag for a first offense and ends up in prison is a myth, best I can tell.

Salary/Wages

Personally I would've led with this one, because it's the root cause of all the other issues in my opinion. How do we correct this, in your opinion? To me it seems like fixing educational disparities is the key, but I don't see a simple answer for how to do that either.

Police Interactions

Once again, poorer people commit more crimes, and end up with more police interactions. More encounters with police equals more chances for something to go wrong. Figure out a way to get minorities into better legitimate economic situations, and much of this problem will go away.
This is no doubt a dialog I would really enjoy to have more extensively in which our interactions could be more responsive and real time.

Would like to engage in not only the why's of blacks living in poverty but the solutions.

Bruh...somehow...someway we need to continue this dialog off the board and do something with it...maybe...just maybe you and I can make a small dent and be a positive catalyst to change

Reactions: DirkPiggler
I don’t have the answer to any of the questions being asked in this thread.
However my hope is that we can all treat each other with kindness and respect regardless of race, or any other differences we may have. I Just wish things were different than how they are. None of us are totally wrong or totally right. We all have a lot to learn.
My only thing is I Jist don’t want any of us to be categorized by others actions.
Love the openess & honesty of your post. I told a white male colleague today...I feel your pain when he said being a white male conservatice Christian feels like he is the scurge of the earth and all the ills of the world is his fault.

I told him in the not so distant past as a black man we were widely considered as deadbeat dads, womanizer, lazy, do drugs had no career aspirations beyond athletics or entertainment and the demise of the black family was our fault.

So I say we both use that common point and build from there...neither stereotype is right.

This is no doubt a dialog I would really enjoy to have more extensively in which our interactions could be more responsive and real time.

Would like to engage in not only the why's of blacks living in poverty but the solutions.

Bruh...somehow...someway we need to continue this dialog off the board and do something with it...maybe...just maybe you and I can make a small dent and be a positive catalyst to change
The Pruitt-Igoe Myth https://g.co/kgs/W9cnn3

It used to be on Netflix.

Is a great documentary about splitting up families and getting AA's on government subsidies.
With 12,000 residents in 33 high-rise buildings on 57 acres, the Wendell O. Pruitt and William L. Igoe Homes constituted an ambitious attempt to shelter the workers who would staff a resurgent postwar city. Problems soon surfaced, however, and some of them were beyond the scope even of so massive an undertaking.

It turned out that St. Louis, like a lot of Rust Belt cities, would not boom after the war. The population plummeted, making high-density, high-rise structures unnecessary. And while the federal government supported low-income projects like Pruitt-Igoe, it also encouraged the rapid growth of the suburbs.

This allowed new and more rigid patterns of racial segregation, enforced by municipal and county lines, and the shift of jobs away from downtowns. Rather than housing the urban working class, places like Pruitt-Igoe became internment camps for the permanently unemployed. Welfare policies made things worse by denying benefits to families with adult males in residence. Fathers and husbands had to leave — or hide in the closet when social workers came to check.

Last edited:
Reactions: GiveEmtheTusk
Love the openess & honesty of your post. I told a white male colleague today...I feel your pain when he said being a white male conservatice Christian feels like he is the scurge of the earth and all the ills of the world is his fault.

I told him in the not so distant past as a black man we were widely considered as deadbeat dads, womanizer, lazy, do drugs had no career aspirations beyond athletics or entertainment and the demise of the black family was our fault.

So I say we both use that common point and build from there...neither stereotype is right.
I guess what makes it hard for me to understand a lot of it is because I don’t look at people and judge them based on anything EXCEPT their actions. Dead beat dads come in all shapes colors and sizes. I am adaptable to any situation. How you conduct yourself and how you treat others is far more important to me than your skin color or your waistline or other issues one may have.
I guess as a white man I feel like sometimes I bare the wrath of it all when I didn’t have a part in any of it. Mind of like White guy Bobby robs a bank and white guy Jeff gets part of the blame because he happens to be white. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I also will never know what it feels like to be black. I can’t tell a black person how to feel because I don’t know how a black person feels.
As I said earlier I just wish things were different.
Its funny that everyone in this thread can sit in Reynolds Razorbacks stadium and all
Cheer for one common goal and be like best friends but when something such as this topic comes up it get off center somehow.

Reactions: GiveEmtheTusk
I guess what makes it hard for me to understand a lot of it is because I don’t look at people and judge them based on anything EXCEPT their actions. Dead beat dads come in all shapes colors and sizes. I am adaptable to any situation. How you conduct yourself and how you treat others is far more important to me than your skin color or your waistline or other issues one may have.
I guess as a white man I feel like sometimes I bare the wrath of it all when I didn’t have a part in any of it. Mind of like White guy Bobby robs a bank and white guy Jeff gets part of the blame because he happens to be white. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I also will never know what it feels like to be black. I can’t tell a black person how to feel because I don’t know how a black person feels.
As I said earlier I just wish things were different.
Its funny that everyone in this thread can sit in Reynolds Razorbacks stadium and all
Cheer for one common goal and be like best friends but when something such as this topic comes up it get off center somehow.
The ability to do what you do "Judge a person by the content of their character and not the color of their skin" is the exception unfortunately and not the rule. It takes a tremendous amount of wisdom and objectivity.

Tell you something I found humorous the same white colleague told me, he said man it infuriates me when I am referred to as a cracker...he laughed and said...I got flava "ending with an "a" not "or" so I am actually more of a crouton... :cool: 😅

The ability to do what you do "Judge a person by the content of their character and not the color of their skin" is the exception unfortunately and not the rule. It takes a tremendous amount of wisdom and objectivity.

Tell you something I found humorous the same white colleague told me, he said man it infuriates me when I am referred to as a cracker...he laughed and said...I got flava "ending with an "a" not "or" so I am actually more of a crouton... :cool: 😅
Sounds exactly like something I would say even though being called a cracker doesn’t offend me in the least. However being called a cracker wouldn’t have the same affect on me as say a black person being called a derogatory word and you know the word I’m talking about because I or my ancestors haven’t lived the same life for the words to mean the same if I’m making sense. Racism will never end I don’t believe because I’m this big world there’s no way that every single one of us WANT it to. I think the best we can do is those of us that want it to end come together find a common ground and do our best to change the small part of the world we live in.
Jist my 2 cents worth. Again I Jist wish we could all live happy simple productive lives in peace.

Dirk hit on what I believe is the bigger problem, but I'd like to read your views. I hope that you will post your response in this thread. I'm really interested in the potential solutions.

That's complete BS. That's the problem, people assume this because that's what social media, and the MSM want you to believe.

That's where CRT comes back and rears it's ugly face. Everything is racist. Especially if you disagree.

There are alot of people making alot of money by pushing the narrative that this is a racist country. Our government is funding it. As long as that is the case it will not end.
Show me one place that blm has spent money helping solve the problem? Where have they put money into inner cities ect. The have not. The just spend it pushing the narrative. Nothing to help the problems.
I live in white Arkansas. I dont know or am I around anyone that cares what color someone's skin is.

There are alot of people making alot of money by pushing the narrative that this is a racist country. Our government is funding it. As long as that is the case it will not end.
Show me one place that blm has spent money helping solve the problem? Where have they put money into inner cities ect. The have not. The just spend it pushing the narrative. Nothing to help the problems.
I live in white Arkansas. I dont know or am I around anyone that cares what color someone's skin is.

No doubt. I grew up around Valley view in the country.

Moved to Memphis and worked for a home warranty company. One day a man with a Stein last name called me and we talked about covering his HVAC unit. Don't remember talking but I had notes of us speaking.

I denied his claim because of rusted out furnace on a 2 day old unit.

Well he called the president of the company and said this...still no idea what it means.

"If Indians can make it rain, then you jews can make it lightning."

My immediate boss's name was finklestein and she called me in and asked what her last name meant. I had no clue, things like that didn't and still don't matter to me. I've always had friends of every ethnicity and religion. One of my best friends is a Chinese guy.

No doubt. I grew up around Valley view in the country.

Moved to Memphis and worked for a home warranty company. One day a man with a Stein last name called me and we talked about covering his HVAC unit. Don't remember talking but I had notes of us speaking.

I denied his claim because of rusted out furnace on a 2 day old unit.

Well he called the president of the company and said this...still no idea what it means.

"If Indians can make it rain, then you jews can make it lightning."

My immediate boss's name was finklestein and she called me in and asked what her last name meant. I had no clue, things like that didn't and still don't matter to me. I've always had friends of every ethnicity and religion. One of my best friends is a Chinese guy.
I actually had a black lady call me a white mouth donkey on the phone once. I Just laughed and hung up. In reality what that did was make her look like a complete idiot I don’t care if she was racist or not. I know for a fact she’s an idiot.
My secretary just so happens to be a black lady and we have a great relationship and can talk about anything. My daughters have babysat for her through the years. I was standing by her desk one day and she handed me a phone call and out it on speaker phone. I’m not gonna repeat what the person on the other end was saying but needless to say it wasn’t kosher in the least. I was trying to hang up the phone and everything else short of crawling under the desk. It was very upsetting and sad. Kesha (secretary) was more tickled at me than she was upset at the caller. I found no humor in it at all.

Reactions: mtsuhog85
When I left the service, I got a contracting gig on the Big Island of Hawaii. My wife and I were elated. I was hired by an environmental company that cleans up former/current bombing ranges. At the end of my first day in the field, all of the teams come back to the shop. We clean out our trucks, charge batteries, and get everything set for the morning. Once we're all finished, we have to wait to get let go by the higher-ups.

There's this long wall, about 3-4' high, that extends about 100' off the main building. All the workers are waiting on the wall in the shade to be let go. I immediately notice that all the white people are on one side and all the Hawaiians are on the other. It was very noticeable to me. So, I want to meet all the Hawaiians cuz their culture is really cool and I haven't really met too many of them.

I go to their side of the wall and plop down on the ground right in the middle of them and introduce myself. They were completely caught off guard and it was pretty awkward for a few minutes. Then I just started bullshitting while making fun of myself. I made this a habit every single day afterward.

About a month later, I noticed a word that the Hawaiians used for white folks called Haole (means soulless). So, I started calling some of the jokesters that were Hawaiian "Haole Boys." This flipped their lids. I would rap 90's songs in the morning while loading ice in different teams' coolers and just act goofy. They started opening up to me, sharing their experiences and culture.

By the end of my 7 months (they laid off about 20% of us), that wall was a mixed batch.

I then landed a gig in Vieques, PR. Similar experience as to the segregation among the white/brown people who worked there. I would call myself "gringo loco" and would call some of them gringos. Worked like a charm. I was there for 2 years. During one of my last days, I called myself gringo loco and Angel (big dude that did not like white folks) looked at me and said, "You no f'ing gringo" and smiled. That felt really good. I have life long friends who live on that crazy little island.

I say all this because my success in eliminating self-segregation in those places did not include being sensitive to anyone. The only thing I did in that area was refer to myself as a guest and that I loved their home. It was about respect and jumping head first at the issue.

The way we have sensitized our own society is a big source of the problem, in my opinion and personal experience. Hypersensitivity over anything only exacerbates the issue.

Last edited:
He had the most votes ever at the time. So it seems to me that some people reach for racism to just gain more. It’s a card and it’s been over playe

Man in the mirror kind of thing.

That's complete BS. That's the problem, people assume this because that's what social media, and the MSM want you to believe.

That's where CRT comes back and rears it's ugly face. Everything is racist. Especially if you disagree.
Interesting response...let me address your accusations, when I formed the vast majority of my foundational thoughts, ideas, views and the lens in which I see the world the main stream media consisted of ABC, NBC, CBS & PBS. As a matter of fact the person who was considered the most trusted man in America was a member of said MSM: Walter Cronkite. There was no such thing as social media, the prominence of social media did not come along in my lifetime until I was well into my 40's.

I grew up professionally in an environment that I consider the best (not perfect) at the time with regards to race relations and the closest thing to a meritocracy, the United States Army, I was 17 when I enlisted.
So your unilateral statement lumping people in together is built on a false narrative.

The merits of what's correct and what's not correct with CRT is mute for you and I to discuss. It would solve nothing. It would not move the needle in either direction for you or me. So, we just agree to disagree...I can live with that.

When I left the service, I got a contracting gig on the Big Island of Hawaii. My wife and I were elated. I was hired by an environmental company that cleans up former/current bombing ranges. At the end of my first day in the field, all of the teams come back to the shop. We clean out our trucks, charge batteries, and get everything set for the morning. Once we're all finished, we have to wait to get let go by the higher-ups.

There's this long wall, about 3-4' high, that extends about 100' off the main building. All the workers are waiting on the wall in the shade to be let go. I immediately notice that all the white people are on one side and all the Hawaiians are on the other. It was very noticeable to me. So, I want to meet all the Hawaiians cuz their culture is really cool and I haven't really met too many of them.

I go to their side of the wall and plop down on the ground right in the middle of them and introduce myself. They were completely caught off guard and it was pretty awkward for a few minutes. Then I just started bullshitting while making fun of myself. I made this a habit every single day afterward.

About a month later, I noticed a word that the Hawaiians used for white folks called Haole (means soulless). So, I started calling some of the jokesters that were Hawaiian "Haole Boys." This flipped their lids. I would rap 90's songs in the morning while loading ice in different teams' coolers and just act goofy. They started opening up to me, sharing their experiences and culture.

By the end of my 7 months (they laid off about 20% of us), that wall was a mixed batch.

I then landed a gig in Vieques, PR. Similar experience as to the segregation among the white/brown people who worked there. I would call myself "gringo loco" and would call some of them gringos. Worked like a charm. I was there for 2 years. During one of my last days, I called myself gringo loco and Angel (big dude that did not like white folks) looked at me and said, "You no f'ing gringo" and smiled. That felt really good. I have life long friends who live on that crazy little island.

I say all this because my success in eliminating self-segregation in those places did not include being sensitive to anyone. The only thing I did in that area was refer to myself as a guest and that I loved their home. It was about respect and jumping head first at the issue.

The way we have sensitized our own society is a big source of the problem, in my opinion and personal experience. Hypersensitivity over anything only exacerbates the issue.
Great story...Someone said to me the other day a statement I have heard 1,000's of time: "You know there are 3 things we do not talk about sex, politics and religion."

I responded: "Do you think by not talking about these 3 subjects we raised folks that has become too sensitive and cannot deal with/handle a dialog that makes them uncomfortable without getting angry and thus, did not develop the maturity and wisdom necessary to deal with tough issues?"

Reactions: Hawg Chief
The Pruitt-Igoe Myth https://g.co/kgs/W9cnn3

It used to be on Netflix.

Is a great documentary about splitting up families and getting AA's on government subsidies.
With 12,000 residents in 33 high-rise buildings on 57 acres, the Wendell O. Pruitt and William L. Igoe Homes constituted an ambitious attempt to shelter the workers who would staff a resurgent postwar city. Problems soon surfaced, however, and some of them were beyond the scope even of so massive an undertaking.

It turned out that St. Louis, like a lot of Rust Belt cities, would not boom after the war. The population plummeted, making high-density, high-rise structures unnecessary. And while the federal government supported low-income projects like Pruitt-Igoe, it also encouraged the rapid growth of the suburbs.

This allowed new and more rigid patterns of racial segregation, enforced by municipal and county lines, and the shift of jobs away from downtowns. Rather than housing the urban working class, places like Pruitt-Igoe became internment camps for the permanently unemployed. Welfare policies made things worse by denying benefits to families with adult males in residence. Fathers and husbands had to leave — or hide in the closet when social workers came to check.
Thanks for the share

If I understand correctly CRT isn’t a K-12 thing as such it should be a reasonable subject for adults. I think what fuels the public opposition is the revisionist and deniers on the subject of systemic racial inequality.

So your unilateral statement lumping people in together is built on a false narrative.
When you think that anyone who doesn't share the same views is a woke libtard you get posts like that from some. It's easier to paint with a broad brush and dismiss everything.

Really... can you name one for us?
Visit cces.gov.harvard.edu and check out BF Schaffner's 41pg piece on "Racial Salience and the Obama Vote" which is packed full of info for which I based my opinion. I'm not just blowing smoke. That's a good starting point but surely you aren't as naive about this as your post made it seem.

Interesting response...let me address your accusations, when I formed the vast majority of my foundational thoughts, ideas, views and the lens in which I see the world the main stream media consisted of ABC, NBC, CBS & PBS. As a matter of fact the person who was considered the most trusted man in America was a member of said MSM: Walter Cronkite. There was no such thing as social media, the prominence of social media did not come along in my lifetime until I was well into my 40's.

I grew up professionally in an environment that I consider the best (not perfect) at the time with regards to race relations and the closest thing to a meritocracy, the United States Army, I was 17 when I enlisted.

The merits of what's correct and what's not correct with CRT is mute for you and I to discuss. It would solve nothing. It would not move the needle in either direction for you or me. So, we just agree to disagree...I can live with that.

I wasn't necessarily talking about your views since you specifically said, "The ability to do what you do "Judge a person by the content of their character and not the color of their skin" is the exception unfortunately and not the rule. It takes a tremendous amount of wisdom and objectivity." I was assuming that you were talking about people in general. Atleast that's the way I read it.

Btw, Como and crew isn't Walter Cronkite

Sorry for the confusion.

Last edited:
I wasn't necessarily talking about your views since you specifically said, "The ability to do what you do "Judge a person by the content of their character and not the color of their skin" is the exception unfortunately and not the rule. It takes a tremendous amount of wisdom and objectivity." I was assuming that you were talking about people in general. Atleast that's the way I read it.

Sorry for the confusion.
When Cronkite was on, news people not the accountant chose the coverage, Editors were the rock stars but no more.

The fact that accountability gets lost in the equation. People will get pissed more about a person taking a knee during the anthem then a unjustified killing. We are taught the ends and outs of the Nazis and Hitler being the devil "which he was" but we skate over the darknesses of our own country. That 100 year window after the Emancipation of Proclamation 1863 to the 1960's was VERY VERY DARK. Many on this board lived during that window or have relatives that are still alive.

We are taught to never forget 9/11..... WHICH WE SHOULDN'T. But at the same time slavery and the darkest times in this country we're told to get over it. Make that make sense? But heaven forbid you touch a Confederate monument. Get over the unjust and sickening lynchings, that weren't enough. How about we get dressed in our Sundays best, make it an event, lynch, burn, shoot, and take body parts home. Hold on but wait, let's always turn those images into post cards and send them off to others.

Who holds the power, the oppressed or the oppressor? People literally got pissed and blood fighting mad when they felt like the election was stolen. So explain to me when crosses got burned, people got murdered, poll taxes, beatings, churches burned IN ORDER TO STOP VOTES.... isn't that the same as rigged? Better yet isn't that worse???

Hell try Bush Jr during the Al Gore election...... when so called Liberals felt Florida was stolen in order for Bush to win, wasn't it a get over it Democrats stop crying??? So why can't the Trump defeat be let go?

We seem to live in a hypocritical country. Meaning and be honest was this great land taken by force from the Native Americans? Then we glamorized it with Thanksgiving...... But it's okay to take a country but when one feels its about to be took from them no matter how many centuries before when it happened, it's a cry about they're taking our Country from us......

Let's be honest, not making excuses but being honest and not making it a debate just stating facts. Take the Birth of a Nation "the original movie"..... The KKK were the heroes that road into town to save the white lady from the monster African American who only wanted to rape and have his way with her. Okay got it. But the numbers are there without a shadow of doubt that who was doing the most raping of who? Including the raping of male slaves in an effort to deprive him of his pride. So in all honesty that's where the BLM comes from. Because very much at one point it didn't mean/ matter ANYTHING. But just like most things they wish not to admit/ nor talk about how it was. Or the injustices of today.

How about i come and knock on your door and drag one of your loved ones out the house at gun point and all you can do is stand there and watch me do it? Knowing I'm about to go do the sickest things to them.

Better yet, invite some of my friends over and let one of them summon for your wife and he's allowed to have his way with her along with the crew and we give her back in the morning?

Not even playing the blame game. Honestly keep reparations..... Be accountable. Speak the truth about things of the past. And i say the past because you better believe for as many so called racist white people today it's the same amount if not more African Americans with there defenses up because of what's been the case from the past. But it's only one race that's told to get over it.....

If it was all lovely like people like to want it to be "and it could be worse", then it wouldn't have been murders for the right to vote, to desegregate schools, for equal pay to this day. It wouldn't be a need for diversity training and hiring practices if people had open minds. But during that and changes people feel their rights are being tampered/ infringed upon by respecting others cultures and ways..... So it's okay to take a country, make your own rules for that country, then get pissed when changes need to be made to make it so called even amongst all?

I come from a family in which my grandfather was beaten by three white guys "1942-1945 ish range" with chains just because he boxed a little bit and got the best of a white guy fair and square in the ring. Caught him walking home and proceeded to attempt to kill him. That same grandfather also had twin aunts age of 11 that got up to go to church in the early 1930's down on the Louisiana/ Arkansas border "Bradley/ Taylor" area they get up to go to church leave the house and never made it back home and never were seen again. Whispers were and people knew the KKK were involved but what could be done? It wasn't no going to the police for African Americans.

Said all that to say this we live in the country in which honestly one side says get over it. And the other side has their defenses up. And when equality is screamed for its a sthu about it. Instead of listening and understanding.

For as quick as one is to speak of liberal this and dumb democrats. Be faster to speak out of wrongs all the way around rather past or new. For as pissed as people got over O.J. shouldn't you have been pissed when the officer's got off free for kicking in Rodney King @ss and that was on video??? Which only continues to show that for many in this country it's a "ain't no fun when the rabbit got the gun" type of thing. It's okay to do it to others but I be d@mn if it's done to me.

In closing, I'm on record with saying a white man with power/ influence whose married to a Black woman.... I salute him. Muss for example. Because for the most part it's like the country club rule that I've heard it referred to. Meaning it's okay to have relations with a woman of color as a white man as far as sneaking around in school and doing it parents don't know..... hell nail the secretary of color on the low low. But be d@mned if she shows her face outwardly at the country club with her arms around you.

Most killings of one race vs race give you one guess whose done the most. Terroristic acts on this country I'll give you one guess who's leading the pack "and its not the Muslims", the most on government assistance I'll give you one guess......

Just be accountable. Before you get pissed about some one messing with your history understand "maybe not what you did yourself" but realize their history was erased. Then in many cases painted over. Then told to basically shut up about it.

Wrong is wrong at the end of the day. Be fair, respectful, judge a person AFTER YOU GET TO KNOW THEM. No matter if it's black towards a white or white towards a black. This country isn't crap like people and media like to make it seem.

Realize we all have skeletons and things to fix with us. All whites aren't racist and all blacks don't steal or need a handout.

Grow together and get to know people and their history.

Go Hogs Go

Last edited:
Poverty will never be defeated. It isn’t possible. What can be done is better education available to everyone. Education is the key

Agree but apparently the Federal Gov doesn’t want an educated populace. When the Federal Department of Education was started the USA in was #1 in education. Now the USA is around 29th (fluctuates, but we aren’t sniffing the top 20) despite ranking 4th in spending per student. (Rankings based on a quick glance around the web)

Nice work Jimmy Carter.

Agree but apparently the Federal Gov doesn’t want an educated populace. When the Federal Department of Education was started the USA in was #1 in education. Now the USA is around 29th (fluctuates, but we aren’t sniffing the top 20) despite ranking 4th in spending per student. (Rankings based on a quick glance around the web)

Nice work Jimmy Carter.
Educated people are harder to control

The fact that accountability gets lost in the equation. People will get pissed more about a person taking a knee during the anthem then a unjustified killing. We are taught the ends and outs of the Nazis and Hitler being the devil "which he was" but we skate over the darknesses of our own country. That 100 year window after the Emancipation of Proclamation 1863 to the 1960's was VERY VERY DARK. Many on your board lived during that window or have relatives that are still alive.

We are taught to never forget 9/11..... WHICH WE SHOULDN'T. But at the same time slavery and the darkest times in this country we're told to get over it. Make that make sense? But heaven forbid you touch a Confederate monument. Get over the unjust and sickening lynchings, that weren't enough. How about we get dressed in our Sundays best, make it an event, lynch, burn, shoot, and take body parts home. Hold on but wait, let's always turn those images into post cards and send them off to others.

Who holds the power, the oppressed or the oppressor? People literally got pissed and blood fighting mad when they felt like the election was stolen. So explain to me when crosses got burned, people got murdered, poll taxes, beatings, churches burned IN ORDER TO STOP VOTES.... isn't that the same as rigged? Better yet isn't that worse???

Hell try Bush Jr during the Al Gore election...... when so called Liberals felt Florida was stolen in order for Bush to win, wasn't it a get over it Democrats stop crying??? So why can't the Trump defeat be let go?

We seem to live in a hypocritical country. Meaning and be honest was this great land taken by force from the Native Americans? Then we glamorized it with Thanksgiving...... But it's okay to take a country but when one feels its about to be took from them no matter how many centuries before when it happened, it's a cry about they're taking our Country from us......

Let's be honest, not making excuses but being honest and not making it a debate just stating facts. Take the Birth of a Nation "the original movie"..... The KKK were the heroes that road into town to save the white lady from the monster African American who only wanted to rape and have his way with her. Okay got it. But the numbers are there without a shadow of doubt that who was doing the most raping of who? Including the raping of male slaves in an effort to deprive him of his pride. So in all honesty that's where the BLM comes from. Because very much at one point it didn't mean/ matter ANYTHING. But just like most things they wish not to admit/ nor talk about how it was. Or the injustices of today.

How about i come and knock on your door and drag one of your loved ones out the house at gun point and all you can do is stand there and watch me do it? Knowing I'm about to go do the sickest things to them.

Better yet, invite some of my friends over and let one of them summon for your wife and he's allowed to have his way with her along with the crew and we give her back in the morning?

Not even playing the blame game. Honestly keep reparations..... Be accountable. Speak the truth about things of the past. And i say the past because you better believe for as many so called racist white people today it's the same amount if not more African Americans with there defenses up because of what's been the case from the past. But it's only one race that's told to get over it.....

If it was all lovely like people like to want it to be "and it could be worse", then it wouldn't have been murders for the right to vote, to desegregate schools, for equal pay to this day. It wouldn't be a need for diversity training and hiring practices if people had open minds. But during that and changes people feel their rights are being tampered/ infringed upon by respecting others cultures and ways..... So it's okay to take a country, make your own rules for that country, then get pissed when changes need to be made to make it so called even amongst all?

I come from a family in which my grandfather was beaten by three white guys "1942-1945 ish range" with chains just because he boxed a little bit and got the best of a white guy fair and square in the ring. Caught him walking home and proceeded to attempt to kill him. That same grandfather also had twin aunts age of 11 that got up to go to church in the early 1930's down on the Louisiana/ Arkansas border "Bradley/ Taylor" area they get up to go to church leave the house and never made it back home and never were seen again. Whispers were and people knew the KKK were involved but what could be done? It wasn't no going to the police for African Americans.

Said all that to say this we live in the country in which honestly one side says get over it. And the other side has their defenses up. And when equality is screamed for its a sthu about it. Instead of listening and understanding.

For as quick as one is to speak of liberal this and dumb democrats. Be faster to speak out of wrongs all the way around rather past or new. For as pissed as people got over O.J. shouldn't you have been pissed when the officer's got off free for kicking in Rodney King @ss and that was on video??? Which only continues to show that for many in this country it's a "ain't no fun when the rabbit got the gun" type of thing. It's okay to do it to others but I be d@mn if it's done to me.

In closing, I'm on record with saying a white man with power/ influence whose married to a Black woman.... I salute him. Muss for example. Because for the most part it's like the country club rule that I've heard it referred to. Meaning it's okay to have relations with a woman of color as a white man as far as sneaking around in school and doing it parents don't know..... hell nail the secretary of color on the low low. But be d@mned if she shows her face outwardly at the country club with her arms around you.

Most killings of one race vs race give you one guess whose done the most. Terroristic acts on this country I'll give you one guess who's leading the pack "and its not the Muslims", the most on government assistance I'll give you one guess......

Just be accountable. Before you get pissed about some one messing with your history understand "maybe not what you did yourself" but realize their history was erased. Then in many cases painted over. Then told to basically shut up about it.

Wrong is wrong at the end of the day. Be fair, respectful, judge a person AFTER YOU GET TO KNOW THEM. No matter if it's black towards a white or white towards a black. This country isn't crap like people and media like to make it seem.

Realize we all have skeletons and things to fix with us. All whites aren't racist and all blacks don't steal or need a handout.

Grow together and get to know people and their history.

Go Hogs Go
Great post and I read it three times.

I certainly dont think what myself and others have said is "get over it". We understand those were dark times and many bad things happened.

But to get better we must look at solutions and actions to help people. Focusing on the dark times does not make anything in the future better if you dont do anything.
It certainly doesn't help teaching young people that dont have the advantage others do that they cant rise out of it because of the system. That goes for anybody with a disadvantage.

Like i ask earlier. What 1 thing has blm done with the billion dollars they have raised to actually help minority disadvantaged communities? Have they built any rec centers or sports programs to get young kids off the street.

Last edited:
Great post and I read it three times.

I certainly dont think what myself and others have said is "get over it". We understand those were dark times and many bad things happened.

But to get better we must look at solutions and actions to help people. Focusing on the dark times does not make anything in the future better if you dont do anything.
It certainly doesn't help teaching young people that dont have the advantage others do that they cant rise out of it because of the system. That goes for anybody with a disadvantage.

Like i ask earlier. What 1 thing has blm done with the billion dollars they have raised to actually help minority disadvantaged communities? Have they built ant rec center or sports programs to get young kids off the streat?

They made a splash in the NorCal real estate market.

Visit cces.gov.harvard.edu and check out BF Schaffner's 41pg piece on "Racial Salience and the Obama Vote" which is packed full of info for which I based my opinion. I'm not just blowing smoke. That's a good starting point but surely you aren't as naive about this as your post made it seem.

It was a legit question... directed toward someone who got incensed about over-generalizations earlier in this thread. I wasn’t asking for a dissertation; i was asking whether you, personally, could name someone, anyone, who had done this. That is, vote against Barry Soetero based on his half blackness or his half whiteness.

My question arose from personal experience. I was part of a multi-racial, more bi-racial (Black and White) church in central AR in ‘08. I knew plenty of Whites who voted for him out of Bush-weariness and even more who voted against him because they’re not Marxists or Socialistas and did not want to see their Nation move even further in a Leftist direction. It was policy, background, education and mentors— Bill Ayres, Rev. Wright— pure and simple. Not a word about race.

On the other hand, I know Blacks from this same congregation who voted against Obama based on the reasons above ...but a helluva lot more who voted for him based on his half blackness. Policies, abilities, ideology be damned....

In summary, I personally know plenty of Whites who voted in ‘08 and ‘12 for whom race was a non factor. And plenty of Blacks for whom POTUS’ race was the only factor. Do with this what you will: it’s just one Man’s experience.

It was a legit question... directed toward someone who got incensed about over-generalizations earlier in this thread. I wasn’t asking for a dissertation; i was asking whether you, personally, could name someone, anyone, who had done this. That is, vote against Barry Soetero based on his half blackness or his half whiteness.

My question arose from personal experience. I was part of a multi-racial, more bi-racial (Black and White) church in central AR in ‘08. I knew plenty of Whites who voted for him out of Bush-weariness and even more who voted against him because they’re not Marxists or Socialistas and did not want to see their Nation move even further in a Leftist direction. It was policy, background, education and mentors— Bill Ayres, Rev. Wright— pure and simple. Not a word about race.

On the other hand, I know Blacks from this same congregation who voted against Obama based on the reasons above ...but a helluva lot more who voted for him based on his half blackness. Policies, abilities, ideology be damned....

In summary, I personally know plenty of Whites who voted in ‘08 and ‘12 for whom race was a non factor. And plenty of Blacks for whom POTUS’ race was the only factor. Do with this what you will: it’s just one Man’s experience.
You speak of over generalization and then label an entire side Marxists and socialists.

giphy.gif

Ya'll ready for me to shut this thread down? I think it has run its course.

Last edited:

Sorry for the confusion.
Thanks for the clarification...I am somewhat of a knowledge junky and readily except there is a helluva lot more in this world that I do not know and understand than what I do know and understand. I spend a certain amount of time listening to Sirius/XM Radio I listen to a wide variety of stations Fox News, Fox News Headline 24/7, CNN, CNBC, CSPAN, MSNBC, Bloomberg, BBC, NPR, POTUS, Urban View...etc.

I listen because I want to hear as many points of view on an issue as I possibly can...it's often the closest I can come to walking a mile in someone else's shoes.

The post that "incensed" this thread was surrounding a video from a guy with no clue about what CRT truly is talking down on it. Yes I could name people who didn't vote for Obama because of his race. I could also name people who didn't vote for him because they thought he was the "Anti-Christ". That has nothing to do with what I posted.

I said there were people who didn't vote for Obama because of his race and mentioned a 41pg (research backed and peer reviewed) study supporting my statement in response to your reply. That proves that it wasn't stated as some random and unfounded over-generalization. You will just have to understand that your personal experience doesn't Trump that study in my eyes.

The post that "incensed" this thread was surrounding a video from a guy with no clue about what CRT truly is talking down on it. Yes I could name people who didn't vote for Obama because of his race. I could also name people who didn't vote for him because they thought he was the "Anti-Christ". That has nothing to do with what I posted.

I said there were people who didn't vote for Obama because of his race and mentioned a 41pg (research backed and peer reviewed) study supporting my statement in response to your reply. That proves that it wasn't stated as some random and unfounded over-generalization. You will just have to understand that your personal experience doesn't Trump that study in my eyes.

You say you can name them. Fair enough— that’s exactly the question I was asking. 🤙🏻

You speak of over generalization and then label an entire side Marxists and socialists.

giphy.gif

Ya'll ready for me to shut this thread down? I think it has run its course.

Actually, I called them socialistas ...in the feminine. 😂👊🏻😎. But, i get your point.

Well... when a man or woman’s policy positions and personal beliefs are Marxist / Socialist in origin— say wealth redistribution, worship of the almighty State and rejection of spiritual belief, open borders leading to the erosion of a nation’s sovereignty, and ‘critical race theory’ arising from Marxist ‘critical theory’— what would you like us to call them?

If the mass of Leftists are not all in on the Marxist $hit$how which is currently our federal government, much of our educational system, and our culture ...why are Naomi Wolf on free speech, Glenn Greenwald on privacy and free speech, and Bill Maher on cancel culture, such outliers? They appear to be lone wolves pushing back against these monstrosities on the left.

So, if there is, say 95 percent unanimity— or maybe less, but no one on the ideological Left will speak up and speak out against these things— doesn’t this imply tacit agreement with and support of?

Reactions: Hawg Chief

How many voted for him based on the color of his skin, instead of his political ideals. The same guy that studied Louis Farrakhans ideals through his pastor. Obama created this whole new race war when he began his hope and change. No wonder Michelle was finally happy to be an American. She knew the socialist seed had been planted. CRT is just a continuation of the Obama agenda.

As far as the video. I'm sorry you were sad to see an American happy to be an American.

I've seen many racist type like you, deep down you don't like white people, so much so that you refuse to look a white guy in the eyes. You tend to look through them instead. Probably have your one token white friend.

Its a shame you let the racism eat you alive like that. Hope some day you'll let it go and accept people for their character and not their skin color.

Probably have your one token white friend.

This is funny coming from the one person in this thread who made sure to let us know they've got friends of every ethnicity and religion. Even a Chinese friend.

Reactions: Asuhawgfan1
ADVERTISEMENT