ADVERTISEMENT

Tuesday's Practice open to media

Trey Biddy

Publisher
Jul 1, 2001
Fayetteville, Arkansas
arkansas.rivals.com
Tuesday's practice has been opened to the media...and Saturday's scrimmage is open to anyone who wants to attend.

I'd also like to thank some of the new faces around the building from the Athletic Media Relations staff. I don't want to get into it, but in the past six years we had a problem with the way things were handled. And I don't just mean with access. Just the way you treat people. I rolled with the punches but I have to say it was disheartening to deal with. Before that it was a different era in terms of what was acceptable access really but those guys did a great job and were just nice to be around. You can be good to people and do your job. Newsflash. There was an attitude in the past that if I treat you with any type of respect then you'll walk all over me.

This newer group of media relations people do a really good job of getting out information and updating us. They get it. I understand they have responsibilities and barriers that can't be crossed, but I never feel disrespected and I can say it's nice to get the benefit of the doubt for once that I'm probably a pretty good person, too. They understand that there aren't any media members who cover the team regularly that are 'out to get anybody' or are interested in shock journalism. It's nice to have people around who will look you in the eye and shake your hand when the day is done. They've done their job and they've facilitated so that you can do yours.

We just want to give the fans what they want, and it's all we've ever wanted. We're not interested in putting anybody in a bad light by creating negativity, we aren't interested in creating unneeded drama or in exposing anything that would hurt the team from a scheme standpoint, etc. Football is fun, and I don't know how it is in Wisconsin or Louisville or anything with the media there, but I like to have fun at my job. I think it's healthy for the program to give us good access, and I appreciate the new faces up there seeing this.

People never really see much of these people, but they've got a quality bunch up there right now.

This post was edited on 4/6 11:12 AM by Trey Biddy

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.