ADVERTISEMENT

We almost did it........

Jun 16, 2011
Again! and Again! and Again! and Again! and Again! Can we please play some more "cupcake teams" ?! It is the ONLY way we can ever win it seems. Perhaps we should move to the Conference USA! What does this make us now? 0-17 in SEC? I have lost count!
flush.r191677.gif

Originally posted by Liza-Bleu:

Again! and Again! and Again! and Again! and Again! Can we please play some more "cupcake teams" ?! It is the ONLY way we can ever win it seems. Perhaps we should move to the Conference USA! What does this make us now? 0-17 in SEC? I have lost count!
flush.r191677.gif
I agree. Jeff Long made it clear that winning is NOT a priority at Arkansas so we may as well go join a league appropriate to our commitment. Although we've lost to SunBelt teams since Jeffie ran CBP off so that may not work either.

Unfortunately we now have an AD who's priorities are to make sure his his face is on TV constantly while the hogs set modern day records for futility.

And the village idiots just reap praise on that moron. 0 and freakin 17!

Michigan may be our only saving grace if they are stupid enough to make a run at Long. Then perhaps we may have the audacity to place winning ganmes more than 20th on our list of priorities.
Beliema may be the worst in game manager I've ever seen. This guys is making Houston Nutt look all like an all SEC coach and just typing that makes me sick.

CBB makes less than half what Saban does. I would say he is middle to bottom SEC pay.

Seriously, you guys are so close. I am worried senseless that the Hogs will put it all together against my Tigers. If they do i'll be disappointed but not surprised.

Originally posted by littleton tiger:

Seriously, you guys are so close. I am worried senseless that the Hogs will put it all together against my Tigers. If they do i'll be disappointed but not surprised.
My standard is progress. I want to see progress. Last year.. we were not competitive. This year.. we are competitive. Last year Bama blew us out 52-0... This year Bama beat us 14-13 and we SHOULD have won the game. So, in spite of the fact that we have not won an SEC game.. we are a MUCH better team... We are making progress. Eventually, we will win..

Unfortunately, we have fans that are not capable of that reasoning. They measure progress purely by wins/losses.

Had BP stayed, we would be in another coach saga right now. BP did not have the ability to recruit us out of this mess. BP struggled with top teams and defensive teams, when he had the players to compete. What was left in 2012 were not up to par. If he was still here the same would go for the last 2 classes. The cake has only been in the oven 15 minutes and some are complaining it not done. That is why I quit even reading the NSB posters.

Originally posted by original hambone:

My standard is progress. I want to see progress. Last year.. we were not competitive. This year.. we are competitive. Last year Bama blew us out 52-0... This year Bama beat us 14-13 and we SHOULD have won the game. So, in spite of the fact that we have not won an SEC game.. we are a MUCH better team... We are making progress. Eventually, we will win..

Unfortunately, we have fans that are not capable of that reasoning. They measure progress purely by wins/losses.
You folks do understand that this season, last season and all these games still go into the record book don't you?
We don't get to erase them after this so-called rebuild gets done. Reminds me of hearing how that National Title is under construction but I can tell you Houston Nutt is looking pretty good to me right now. He never went 0-8 in conference play even when he got his two year pass.

I think I'll go to my boss and tell him I'm not going to produce a damn thing this year but that I will come close to landing some deals. I'll see if that's enough to give me a two year free pass and keep a 6 figure income. That rebuild crap excuse will only last so long. Petrino had to rebuild from scratch as well but still won 8 games in year two. The difference between an elite coach and an imposter is staggering. But in some peoples fantasies, Beliema is about to go on a 21-5 run the next two years. If anybody can see the crap that's gone on the last two years and still feels that Beliema is even half the football coach Petrino is, then they probably haven't seen a football game at a higher level than their 3rd graders pee wee league.

Unfortunately, Jeff Long has made losing not only acceptable at Arkansas, some are just thrilled with it as long as we represent all that is good and holy in the world. That's just a sad and true fact. I'm sure these same folks believe taking taking a knife to a gunfight is the way to go as well.

Originally posted by Colonel Porker:

Petrino had to rebuild from scratch as well but still won 8 games in year two. The difference between an elite coach and an imposter is staggering.
You do realize BP had a 0% winning percentage against top-10 teams teams during his first two years, right? In fact, he only beat two top-10 team during his entire four years here. BP only had to play 11 top-10 teams during that entire time, while BB has had to play 8 already -- and he's not even through 2 full seasons! I know none of this fits your agenda, but it is factually true.

Whether BB will turn out to be a successful coach here at Arkansas has yet to be seen, but anyone calling for his head already is not thinking straight (or isn't thinking at all).

This post was edited on 11/3 10:28 AM by STLhawg

Colonel, would you embrace a regime change at the end of the season if the team goes 0-8 again?
I didn't want a ground and pound - bore and snore offense here in the first place so I would take a regime change tomorrow.
I wanted the offense that produced the best seasons we've had in 4 decades and the coach that delivered it. We're Arkansas and we need to out scheme people. We will never have the talent to line up and run over you as the Bama's and LSU's of the world like to do. Every time we need a yard at crunch time we get crunched and the offense isn't versatile enough to throw when the defense knows good and well you have to throw.

Beliema has lost more SEC games in two years than Saban has in 8. The last time we actually won a conference game Tyler Wilson was our QB and Jeff Longs brilliant solution to Petrino (Coach Smile) was the coach on record. Let that sink in.

See, I've never been into the moral victories that so many on here embrace so delightfully. By the accounts of some of the Long admirers on the boards, every close loss is chalked up as a victory and every blowout excused as no talent left behind by the evil Lord Petrino - master of the underworld.

Originally posted by STLhawg:

Petrino had to rebuild from scratch as well but still won 8 games in year two. The difference between an elite coach and an imposter is staggering.
You do realize BP had a 0% winning percentage against top-10 teams teams during his first two years, right? In fact, he only beat two top-10 team during his entire four years here. BP only had to play 11 top-10 teams during that entire time, while BB has had to play 8 already -- and he's not even through 2 full seasons! I know none of this fits your agenda, but it is factually true.

Whether BB will turn out to be a successful coach here at Arkansas has yet to be seen, but anyone calling for his head already is not thinking straight (or isn't thinking at all).

This post was edited on 11/3 10:28 AM by STLhawg
This is the SEC. If Bert didn't like the schedule he should have stayed in the cushy Big 10 where about 4 conference wins a year are guaranteed.

You are welcome to backtrack two years and see my post when the guy was hired. As many Wisky games as I've watched I knew exactly what we were getting. There was nothing innovative or exceptional about it. This man will never out scheme or out X and O's anybody. Beliema ran over the weaker teams in the league and very often got blasted by the big boys of the league. His record against Michigan and Ohio State was pretty pathetic. And before you bring up the Rose Bowls, realize that his last team went with a 4-4 conference record while everybody else was on probation. Plus he lost all three.

The problem is, every single team in this league is high quality. (except us and Vandy) He doesn't get the sisters of the poor to bully anymore. His offense is very basic and very predictable. I hate ot to hear so many people crack on Brandon Allen, who is trying to make lemonade out of lemons. The passing game is laughable and I'd love to see what BA could do if he had the coaching that Mallet and Wilson enjoyed. We would also have much better receivers than we currently enjoy. Half of them transferred out since they came here to catch a lot of balls and did not want to be glorified blockers.

When have we ever got a yard on 4th and 1 when it was absolutely necessary? We don't! Even A&M can stuff us with a line that we outweighed by more than 20 pounds a man. It's not hard when everybody in the building knows what's coming. Mississippi State can tell you about it.

I didn't want a ground and pound...
And sadly you are still throwing tantrums years after BP got himself fired. Anyone wanting BB fired now simply cannot see the forest for the trees. Unlike you claiming to know BP would have been able to continue his success here (despite several factors suggesting otherwise), I make no claims about BB and his future success here or lack thereof -- but the one thing that is obvious is that it's too soon to tell for sure either way.

This post was edited on 11/4 10:04 AM by STLhawg

And just think, if we had a QB and a Kicker...
heck, just one or the other, we'd be 7-2 and ranked in the Top 15 somewhere.

Tyler Wilson and Zach Hocker, you are VERY badly missed!
ohwell.r191677.gif

Beliema ran over the weaker teams in the league and very often got blasted by the big boys of the league. His record against Michigan and Ohio State was pretty pathetic.
Petrino also ran over weaker teams in the league and very often got blasted by the big boys of the league. So by your own definition you shouldn't care for him either! I have provided you the statistics to back this up (at least once) before, but since that doesn't fit your agenda you just continue to ignore it.

Originally posted by STLhawg:

Beliema ran over the weaker teams in the league and very often got blasted by the big boys of the league. His record against Michigan and Ohio State was pretty pathetic.
Petrino also ran over weaker teams in the league and very often got blasted by the big boys of the league. So by your own definition you shouldn't care for him either! I have provided you the statistics to back this up (at least once) before, but since that doesn't fit your agenda you just continue to ignore it.
Your agenda is also referring to A&M and Georgia as top ten teams. Got news for you - they aren't. But Bert blew a win against a weak A&M team and got bitchslapped by Georgia.

Petrino played the schedule that was before him just like Bert does now. One won a bunch, the other not so much.
Please Get back to me when we are in the midst of winning 21 games in a two year streak.

That means I won't hear from you again on this subject.

Your agenda is also referring to A&M and Georgia as top ten teams. Got news for you - they aren't. But Bert blew a win against a weak A&M team and got bitchslapped by Georgia.

Petrino played the schedule that was before him just like Bert does now. One won a bunch, the other not so much.
Please Get back to me when we are in the midst of winning 21 games in a two year streak.

That means I won't hear from you again on this subject.
In the places I checked, the rankings on the teams (for this and past seasons) was listed showing what the opponent was ranked at the time the game was played. So you can claim that benefits BB, but since rankings fluctuate every season then I'm sure some of the nine top-10 teams that BP lost to -- over the course of 4 years -- weren't in the top-10 by the end of the season. So my comparison is apples-t-apples.

Yes both coaches have to play the schedules before them, but it's flat-out absurd to ignore the fact that one played an obviously much tougher schedule than the other when you try to compare results!

As I have said numerous times, I am making no claims on BB, but anyone claiming to know the future -- and calling for his head now -- is simply delusional (or blinded by hate).

This post was edited on 11/4 4:56 PM by STLhawg

Bert blew a win against a weak A&M team
Hmmmm, that weak A&M team just went into #3 Aubbie and beat them! And they won with their backup QB no less. So much for what you know...or rather think you know.

I come in peace seeking some info on a great series. Say in the last 10 years, the LSU vs Arkansas series could someone give me a line on the wins for each. For the most part I remember close games. Good luck Hogs and Thank you!

2003 3 LSU† 55 Arkansas 24 Baton Rouge, LA
2004 14 LSU 43 Arkansas 14 Little Rock, AR
2005 3 LSU† 19 Arkansas 17 Baton Rouge, LA
2006 8 LSU 31 5 Arkansas† 26 Little Rock, AR
2007 1 LSU† 48 Arkansas 50 Baton Rouge, LA
2008 LSU 30 Arkansas 31 Little Rock, AR
2009 15 LSU 33 Arkansas 30 Baton Rouge, LA
2010 5 LSU 23 12 Arkansas 31 Little Rock, AR
2011 1 LSU† 41 3 Arkansas 17 Baton Rouge, LA
2012 7 LSU 20 Arkansas 13 Fayetteville, AR
2013 17 LSU 31 Arkansas 27 Baton Rouge, LA

original hambone Thank you! I left Conway AR. in 2001 to come back home to the Bluegrass. Met a lot of fine folks the 10 years I lived and worked there. Man that is an awesome series with LSU. Not a fan of coach Bel... but man you guys are DUE. Good Luck to a classy group of fans. GHG

Originally posted by TOP HOG:
Hold on he is digging up a piece of a stat to prove you wrong.
Or he waiting for this weekend and really hoping for a LSU win.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT