ADVERTISEMENT

We are getting outcoached

Nov 25, 2012
I'm sorry. Anyone who has watched us play football in the past 3 seasons knows 2 things. 1. Our team is built to run the football. Our offensive line was assembled to run block. We can run for 10 yds on any given down. 2. You cannot put the game on Brandon Allen. He is a great guy, and a serviceable game manager, but he is NOT a QB you can ask to throw on 3rd and 1. EVER.

We did get back to running the ball but why we didn't run on 3-1 inside the 10 yd line is beyond me. We had the physical momentum at that point. Instead, we throw to the end zone and I will give you it was a good pass but the BS pass interference call killed that and the NEXT pass (equally if not more stupid) dropped 3 yds shy of a WIDE ASS OPEN Jeremy Sprinkle.

This is on ENOS. He took one of the best offenses in America with the Biggest offensive line and best running game in AMERICA and destroyed it.

While I've been concerned with the lack of a running game, I'm really concerned with our defense. Our CB are playing 5-7 yds from the WR and giving up the short passes. Those short passes then turn into big gains because we can't tackle this year for some reason. Last year we pressed the WR's and that allowed our rush get to the QB. You can't get to the QB when he gets rid of the ball in 3-4 secs!

While I've been concerned with the lack of a running game, I'm really concerned with our defense. Our CB are playing 5-7 yds from the WR and giving up the short passes. Those short passes then turn into big gains because we can't tackle this year for some reason. Last year we pressed the WR's and that allowed our rush get to the QB. You can't get to the QB when he gets rid of the ball in 3-4 secs!
Im with you. Even if we fix the offense, We would have to play perfect and then hope for 1 Defensive stop against these no huddle teams. I hope it goes the way of the wishbone soon because it's not Football.

YOU Have a good coaching staff- it is not the coaches you are barely losing games by- you need MORE players. While I am a BAMA fan I
really like BIELEMA long term and I am sincere. You would be hard press to beat him, and could do a LOT WORSE.. as in your past coaches.
JMO

YOU Have a good coaching staff- it is not the coaches you are barely losing games by- you need MORE players. While I am a BAMA fan I
really like BIELEMA long term and I am sincere. You would be hard press to beat him, and could do a LOT WORSE.. as in your past coaches.
JMO

Not sure what you're smoking but by all means, pass it around.
Beliema Sucks and NONE of our past coaches ever posted a 3-17 conference record thru 20 games. The Brontosaurus Bert experiment is over. Put a fork in it and send his fat ass packing.
Oh wait, we can't because our moronic AD gave him a 15 million security blanket to hold over us for years to come.

Oh well, at least we can dream about a top 5 ranking and the time in recent memory when we were relevant.

Not sure what you're smoking but by all means, pass it around.
Beliema Sucks and NONE of our past coaches ever posted a 3-17 conference record thru 20 games. The Brontosaurus Bert experiment is over. Put a fork in it and send his fat ass packing.
Oh wait, we can't because our moronic AD gave him a 15 million security blanket to hold over us for years to come.

Oh well, at least we can dream about a top 5 ranking and the time in recent memory when we were relevant.

read or think more, post less.

Wow, Another Beliemer who is enjoying his 3-17 conference record and established position as West doormat and weekly punch line joke.
Congratulations on being a large part of the problem.
After watching 6 games now I've come to some conclusions. Our OL is not as good as it could be. Kirkland is really a guard and should not be playing OT. Tretola is a guard that is not very athletic and was a stop gap. If Kirkland comes back next year he needs to move back to left guard.

On defense, we have a young DL and a lack of LB depth. Another recruiting class or 2 and that can be fixed plus help is on its way next year. Defense has been playing hard all season!

Losing JWill was bigger than we thought but I've been pleasantly surprised with Rawleigh W. Also the loss of our top 3 WR's have not helped BA's timing with the replacements but it's getting better. The only beef I have with our coaching staff is they went away from the run early on but now realize how much it means to our offense. I also believe we have much better players who are redshirting who will contribute a lot next year. Our cupboard was bare when Bielema showed up and it takes time to build depth but he's doing it. We have a great coaching staff and the challenge as fans is to not listen to those who want and expect overnight success. It can happen immediately at schools like Bama or Michigan who traditional recruit well but at Ark it takes a little longer.

Private Parker, have you ever really been an Arkansas fan? All of your post are complaints or names quoted inaccurately or just plain gripes. It would be nice if you would go to your favorite team's board and leave us alone.

Actually he was all in until BP was fired. He has attacked everything Razorback since.

Also Top please note our record has not been good since BP
I know. CP would attack if CBB were 36-0. He promised he would if BP was fired and has stuck to his word. It is as much against Long as it is the football team.

Private Parker, have you ever really been an Arkansas fan? All of your post are complaints or names quoted inaccurately or just plain gripes. It would be nice if you would go to your favorite team's board and leave us alone.

I will bet you pretty much any amount of money that I've given more to the foundation, bought more tickets and been to more games than you ever will. Saw my first game when Bill Montgomery was QB and attended home and away ever since, that is until the last three years. That's why I know we won't see an elite coach like BP on our sidelines for more than likely the remainder of my lifetime. We certainly don't put a premium on winning as we once did. Emperor Long had made being a bottom dwelling loser acceptable at Arkansas and yet his lemmings line up to defend him like he's the messiah or something. Good AD's don't fire the most productive coach you've had in 50 years for consensual sex and good AD's don't hand the keys to a Ferrari to a Village Idiot like JLSmith.
Long and Bert have taken us down nothing but loser lane and if people like you are fine with it then God Bless you. I admire your ability to bend over and smile when having your ass handed to you weekly, losing to the likes of Toledo and ULM. That's pure embarrassment on a scale much large than anything BP ever did. Some of us with an actual long term investment in the program know we had better than the feces sandwiches Long had served us for the last 4 years.
But by all means, I'm no hog fan because I disapprove of being a bottom dwelling pond scum and the idiot who put us here.

It is amazing how people outside Arkansas think more of our coach and Athletic Director than a lot of our "fans".

There's nothing amazing about it. The people you refer to aren't hog fans, never will be hog fans and couldn't care less if we go 2-10 every freaking year. Why would they not love old Jeffie who has made us an afterthought in College Football?
Hell, I'd love the Alabama AD as well if he turned them into a bottom dwelling dumpster fire. Of course from the sound of it around here half of our fans don't care if we go 2-10 every year either so obviously I've spent the last 50 years wishing for something that will never happen. We had the best chance I've seen in my lifetime and blew it.

Correction Top Hog, I've been ALL IN both financially and emotionally my entire life until the best shot I ever had at actually seeing a national championship in my lifetime was run off by an AD more interested in promoting his career (which he has done quite nicely at our expense) than he is putting a winning product on the field. Then it became abundantly clear the time, expense and energy was simply not worth it any longer so I root from a distance, expect less and well, I'm usually not disappointed any longer cause Bert always manages to delivers less.

Correction Top Hog, I've been ALL IN both financially and emotionally my entire life until the best shot I ever had at actually seeing a national championship in my lifetime

I thought you had been a fan since the Bill Montgomery days?

There's nothing amazing about it. The people you refer to aren't hog fans, never will be hog fans and couldn't care less if we go 2-10 every freaking year. Why would they not love old Jeffie who has made us an afterthought in College Football?
Hell, I'd love the Alabama AD as well if he turned them into a bottom dwelling dumpster fire. Of course from the sound of it around here half of our fans don't care if we go 2-10 every year either so obviously I've spent the last 50 years wishing for something that will never happen. We had the best chance I've seen in my lifetime and blew it.

Sometimes, you can be too close to a situation.. TOO emotionally invested to make an accurate assessment. That's why lawyers don't represent themselves, why Doctors don't operate on family members etc.

Remember Petrino wasn't fired for not winning enough games.

Sometimes, you can be too close to a situation.. TOO emotionally invested to make an accurate assessment. That's why lawyers don't represent themselves, why Doctors don't operate on family members etc.

I thought you had been a fan since the Bill Montgomery days?

I have. Saw my first game actually on the hill in 68, cried my eyes out after the 69 Texas game and that's when Bill was playing. I was born in 63 so technically say that I saw a title in 64 however few people recognize that we were actually the champs that year plus I was in a crib so forgive me if I want a title I can actually remember.

You're absolutely right he wasn't fired for underperforming. Most productive coach we've had in the last 50 years and probably for the remainder of my life. There's probably truth in the fact that I have been invested too much but I am smart enough to count. I know 10 and 11 wins beat the living hell out of the bottom dwelling crap we get served up every week now. I remember Petrino was fired for essentially having consensual sex and not a talking head in the work thought we were stupid enough to burn down the program for it. I remember when we were an exciting football team instead of running the play clock down to zero before we are capable of snapping the damn ball. I remember when we could step on the gas instead of milking the clock "hoping" to keep it close. We are now the most boring stuff on the planet.

Course none of those talking heads counted on Long using firing Petrino as a career builder at our expense.

You're absolutely right he wasn't fired for underperforming. Most productive coach we've had in the last 50 years and probably for the remainder of my life. There's probably truth in the fact that I have been invested too much but I am smart enough to count. I know 10 and 11 wins beat the living hell out of the bottom dwelling crap we get served up every week now. I remember Petrino was fired for essentially having consensual sex and not a talking head in the work thought we were stupid enough to burn down the program for it. I remember when we were an exciting football team instead of running the play clock down to zero before we are capable of snapping the damn ball. I remember when we could step on the gas instead of milking the clock "hoping" to keep it close. We are now the most boring stuff on the planet.

Course none of those talking heads counted on Long using firing Petrino as a career builder at our expense.

I don't think it was the sex.. If it was the sex, Jeff Long would have said, "This is between Bobby and his wife" and that's it. Remember, Petrino lied from the get go. He said he was the only one on the bike. BP broke the rules when he hired her... It was the lying that got him fired. And, there is absolutely no doubt that Bret Bielema inherited a depleted roster... It was a train wreck when he took over.

Is there anything an employee could do, that you would not fire him as long as he was producing?

Ham you can say what you want. but all that has gone on, and I really hate to say this, I would take Nutt back at least his teams could win more conference games than they lost. I don't care whos fault it is, I am just looking at record since Nutt and CBMFP

I'm not clear on what part you disagree with..

Nutt was a very good coach,. He could certainly motivate.. I sat through the abyss that was Razorback football after we fired Kenny Hatfield. Why did we fire Hatfield? He won back to back SWC Championships... and got fired. Because "fans" didn't like the way he won. Winning never get's boring to me.

I remember when Nutt was hired. It was a rebuilding situation... the team had no talent... etc. Everybody was expecting to win about 3 or 4 games. We got off to an 8-0 start. The Springdale 5 and Gus Malzahn ruined a good thing.

If CBP hadn't lied and broken the rules when he hired his GF.. he wouldn't have gotten fired when he did. That said, I'm not sure BP can sustain success. He does well the first few years but he left a train wreck when he left Louisville and he left one when he left Arkansas.. certainly, JLS added to the train wreck.

I used to think we had the best fans in the world... But, the way Nutt was terminated... the "get him at ALL cost, even if we have to destroy the program" was not only embarrassing, it was totally classless. We are the laughing stock of the country....

The fans gripped and moaned when Hatfield was running the ball, stout defenses and winning conference championships.. TOOOOO boring.. not enough passing.

The fans gripped and moaned when Crowe and Danny Ford weren't winning (except for that one SECW championship)

The fans gripped and moaned when HDN was winning and beating Bama and LSU...Not enough passing, tooooo boring

The fans were gripping and moaning that you can't win the SEC with out a defense when CBP was here...

Now, they are gripping and moaning with CBB..

The pendulum swings back and forth and the only common factor is that our fans can't be satisfied. They want to fire everybody.

What other fan base flies banners? FOI's coaches records? Totally classless..

You can part ways with a coach without looking like a bunch of immature jerks.

Last edited:
I agree with ham. No matter how much the HOGS win or lose, the fans can't be pleased. Even a NC would be a problem with some, because it wasn't done the right way.

Reactions: Ole Hambone
I think putting her on state payroll and involving state money had more to do with it than anything else. I liked Hatfield and I like winning conference games

ADVERTISEMENT