ADVERTISEMENT

We aren't the only fans that won...

Don't get drunk and hit the police...not sure why this should bother anyone?

God only knows what those guys went through before the video to get her out of that crowd.
That's why they generally use handcuffs not carry people out on their shoulders.
I know it isn't popular but I'm giving the cops the benefit of the doubt that they did the best they could in a situation that was obviously broader than a 20 second video. Crazy talk.

Reactions: lsmhog
I know it isn't popular but I'm giving the cops the benefit of the doubt that they did the best they could in a situation that was obviously broader than a 20 second video. Crazy talk.
I mentioned the build up earlier. In the end it's still as simple as don't punch the police.

I agree that she shouldn’t have swatted at him and believe that police need to do what’s necessary to defend and protect...But...that wasn’t necessary.
Seemed a bit much. No telling how many times she had already punched those guys in trying to get her out of that crowd either.

Policemen/women aren't robots, they have their limits too.

If that was some drunk frat boy landing the same lazy punch would we view it differently?

Last edited:
Meh, shouldn't have hit her, but I'd just have a sit down and tell him to apologise for losing your cool and get back to work.

I'm sure he will end up suspended but I don't think he should be.

Last edited:
Reactions: ntxhog and lsmhog
Seemed a bit much. No telling how many times she had already punched those guys in trying to get her out of that crowd either.

Policemen/women aren't robots, they have their limits too.

If that was some drunk frat boy landing the save lazy punch would we view it differently?
I might view it differently if she (or a drunk frat boy) was standing in a fight stance and actually swinging, but she was in no way a risk. Just grab her arms and move on. She could barely hold her head up before being knocked out.

Again...I’m all for police protecting themselves and others. Just don’t think this was necessary.

Reactions: lsmhog
I might view it differently if she (or a drunk frat boy) was standing in a fight stance and actually swinging, but she was in no way a risk. Just grab her arms and move on. She could barely hold her head up before being knocked out.

Again...I’m all for police protecting themselves and others. Just don’t think this was necessary.
Think there was absolutely some carried over frustration from the incidents prior in his reaction.

giphy.gif

had it been a white cop hitting a black lady the headlines would have been different...JMO...SIAP

Yeah, what she did is stupid. Yes, LEOs are people too. However, part of the job is dealing with the public. That was a complete and utter over reaction to the point of it being an unnecessary cheap shot. She's incoherent and can barely hold herself in a sitting position.

The argument can also be made that all of the officers involved failed at their jobs and deserve discipline. One of the reasons to restrain someone is for their protection as well as the officer's. In this case they failed to adequately restrain the person and that in turn directly led to her injury. It's an A + B = C scenario. If she had been adequately restrained the initial hit would not have occurred and thus the retaliation would not have occurred.

Reactions: hogdog4 and lsmhog
Yeah, what she did is stupid. Yes, LEOs are people too. However, part of the job is dealing with the public. That was a complete and utter over reaction to the point of it being an unnecessary cheap shot. She's incoherent and can barely hold herself in a sitting position.

The argument can also be made that all of the officers involved failed at their jobs and deserve discipline. One of the reasons to restrain someone is for their protection as well as the officer's. In this case they failed to adequately restrain the person and that in turn directly led to her injury. It's an A + B = C scenario. If she had been adequately restrained the initial hit would not have occurred and thus the retaliation would not have occurred.

Sorry, but the only actions that directly led to her injury were her own.

Sorry, but the only actions that directly led to her injury were her own.

Incorrect, she did not harm herself so her injury was directly caused by an outside force.

With that said, seeing as how an outside force most assuredly caused the injury, any and all actions by ALL parties involved are now open to review and critique. Seeing as how one party is in a position of authority they, the courts, congress and criminal code all agree to this by the way, have a higher level of responsibility and accountability. The actions both preceding and subsequent to her flail were either a failure to correctly neutralize the situation or a gross overreaction.

As a professional you are responsible for your screw ups. If your screw ups lead to an exacerbation of the situation by another party you are still responsible for the initial screw up. In this case that is exactly what happened only it was compounded by yet another screw up.

Shouldn't have been a d*ck . But really if a white male cop had hit a black female in this situation . The internet would have exploded

Incorrect, she did not harm herself so her injury was directly caused by an outside force.

With that said, seeing as how an outside force most assuredly caused the injury, any and all actions by ALL parties involved are now open to review and critique. Seeing as how one party is in a position of authority they, the courts, congress and criminal code all agree to this by the way, have a higher level of responsibility and accountability. The actions both preceding and subsequent to her flail were either a failure to correctly neutralize the situation or a gross overreaction.

As a professional you are responsible for your screw ups. If your screw ups lead to an exacerbation of the situation by another party you are still responsible for the initial screw up. In this case that is exactly what happened only it was compounded by yet another screw up.
There's always that one 'holier than thou' poster that thinks it's so easy to walk away. Lemme guess Baptist, right?

Layman's terms please!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT