ADVERTISEMENT

We have openings those 2 seasons

Would work for me, put us in a bit of a bind since most quality teams already have those dates taken and replacing Michigan with a non-power five team would make us look bad and not Michigan for not honoring their contract, guess the thought of playing even a middle of the pack SEC team was too much for Harbaugh to bear. We have been playing Big 12 teams of late, but it still seems strange to think of WVU as a Big 12 team because of the whole geography thing.

Would work for me, put us in a bit of a bind since most quality teams already have those dates taken and replacing Michigan with a non-power five team would make us look bad and not Michigan for not honoring their contract, guess the thought of playing even a middle of the pack SEC team was too much for Harbaugh to bear. We have been playing Big 12 teams of late, but it still seems strange to think of WVU as a Big 12 team because of the whole geography thing.

I get what you are saying about the geography thing. It has been an adjustment for WVU fans as well. Arkansas in the SouthEASTERN Conference always seemed weird to me too, and then throw in Texas A&M and Missouri and the SEC is basically just as mis-names as the Big 12 and Big 10. Then of course the ACC has Louisville which is in a state no where near the Atlantic Coast.

I get what you are saying about the geography thing. It has been an adjustment for WVU fans as well. Arkansas in the SouthEASTERN Conference always seemed weird to me too, and then throw in Texas A&M and Missouri and the SEC is basically just as mis-names as the Big 12 and Big 10. Then of course the ACC has Louisville which is in a state no where near the Atlantic Coast.
With two SEC teams on our eastern border and one on the south it isn't much of a stretch for us to be in the SEC, nothing like the distance you are from the other Big 12 schools. I agree with Miz and TaM but can't hold it against them for wanting to distance themselves from the conference killing program of the Longhorns, they killed the SWC and have the Big 12 on life support after running many of them off.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT