ADVERTISEMENT

What a surprise, A BP team that throws the ball wonderfully.

I'd say they look pretty good on the ground. They look better than the #2 team in the country at this point... they might not have the talent to finish it but I guarantee you they won't be outcoached.

Their d doesn't look to shabby either - wonder if they'll keep that up.

And as I type that fl st just scores lol.

Honestly though it reminds me of how bad it hurt watching a boring Akansas basketball team get smeared by a Mike Anderson coached Missouri team playing our style of basketball.

Here's hoping we can shake things up in Starkville..

This post was edited on 10/30 8:58 PM by razrbk-d

Re: That defense is starting to look familiar as well.**

They were out coached! On 3rd and 2 BP gambled and tried a long pass rather than trying for the first down but his arrogance got the better of him. Then at the end of the game he is chewing out his QB! Who would want to play for this loser?

Listen I don't consider myself a BP apologist by any means, but the dude can coach. I wish our OC had the balls to throw it a little more often on 3rd/4th and short in must have situations - I seem to remember a few we needed this year and were stuffed. BP called the right play IMO - they just didn't execute - but at least he gave them a chance.

He can coach offense, but doesn't let the DC have many spots for recruiting.

Re: Yeah, wish we could go to a Sugar Bowl again*

But no, we fired that coach:) lol

I watched "the biggest line in football" get stuffed plenty of times this year in short yardage situations. And we claim to be a "running team". No comment about that huh?

I do not say that we are very good, actually, 0-16 conference speaks for itself.

I was just saying BP teams will never have balance. Great passing game, weak everywhere else.

Let's see how he does in years 5 and 6 in any program. He's never made it that far.

Originally posted by bobhawg:
but can't get an inch on the ground when they need it. Sound familiar?
I saw more than a few times we got stuffed last night and all we can do is run. We've been stuffed on 4th and 1 all year (even by A&M) because Beliema only knows one freakin play in that situation, an off tackle dive.

BP won at a very high level here. Bert is losing at a futility level never seen before in my lifetime. What's your point?

Originally posted by Colonel Porker:

but can't get an inch on the ground when they need it. Sound familiar?
I saw more than a few times we got stuffed last night and all we can do is run. We've been stuffed on 4th and 1 all year (even by A&M) because Beliema only knows one freakin play in that situation, an off tackle dive.

BP won at a very high level here. Bert is losing at a futility level never seen before in my lifetime. What's your point?
There was a rather lengthy post on the Razor's Edge about why Miss. State is #1 and we are struggling.. I'd love to cut and paste it for you but it's against the rules to bring premium material to the free board.

Bottom line. Miss. State is starting a ton of redshirt seniors and juniors... Only like 3 of their starters are Soph. and Freshmen.

They have like 16 of their 2010 recruits still on the team. Meanwhile, Arkansas has like 3 or 4 of their 2010 recruits still on the team and contributing.

Bottom line, Bobby Petrino's recruiting, with the exception of his first class, flat out sucked.

Remember what a dumpster fire Louisville was after he left them? He left Arkansas in piss poor shape, talent wise, when he left.

BTW, the SEC West is the toughest division in football. We have played 5 top 10 teams in a row. That is a brutal schedule. We just lost to the #1 team in the country, on the road, by 7 pts. We played Bama to a 1 points game.

We might not be winning but I do see progress. If we were in the SEC East, our record would be considerably better. In fact, if we were in any other conference, our record would be considerably better.

And, our recruiting under Bret is MUCH improved over anything Petrino ever did. He was too busy flirting with hot moms.

Petrino did some good things but he did not set us up for long term success.

The last time Petrino walked off the field, we kicked off into the end zone, routinely made 40+ yd field goals, made all our pat's, returned punts for touchdowns, and were ranked #5 in the country. He was returning a team that everyone thought was a legitimate national championship contender. Fast forward to now and we don't kick into the end zone, field goals are a joke, extra pints are no gimme, and we just had to reopen try outs to see who can actually field a damn punt. If it wasn't for the Petrino players that we have left, this team would be getting its ass handed to them on a weekly basis. Remind me how it's Petrino's fault when Trey Flowers, Darius Philon, Brey Cook, and Johnathan Williams are all gone next year. Who has Bert recruited that's going to come in and replace those guys??? Ill bet anybody right now that Arkansas will be even worse next year, not better.

Originally posted by hogzilla22:
The last time Petrino walked off the field, we kicked off into the end zone, routinely made 40+ yd field goals, made all our pat's, returned punts for touchdowns, and were ranked #5 in the country. He was returning a team that everyone thought was a legitimate national championship contender. Fast forward to now and we don't kick into the end zone, field goals are a joke, extra pints are no gimme, and we just had to reopen try outs to see who can actually field a damn punt. If it wasn't for the Petrino players that we have left, this team would be getting its ass handed to them on a weekly basis. Remind me how it's Petrino's fault when Trey Flowers, Darius Philon, Brey Cook, and Johnathan Williams are all gone next year. Who has Bert recruited that's going to come in and replace those guys??? Ill bet anybody right now that Arkansas will be even worse next year, not better.
Yeah.. Petrino brings in 90 players... and 5 of the pan out.. That's a helluva success rate. And, look who we have at Wide Receiver. Petrino only brought in 15 wide receivers a year... And where are all these skill people that Petrino left us in the secondary...and at LB? And, a lot of people think Brey Cook, the ONE offensive lineman from the Petrino era is the weak link... The only reason we got Philon was because Saban pulled his offer at the last minute...

We have NO DEPTH... thanks to Petrino...

Do you not recall what happened at Louisville after Petrino

I do not say that we are very good, actually, 0-16 conference speaks for itself.

I was just saying BP teams will never have balance. Great passing game, weak everywhere else.
21-5 also speaks for itself as much as 0-16 does.

I guess we were not very balanced when Ryan led the SEC in passing, Knile led the SEC in rushing, we were going to a BSC Bowl and competing at a very high level. I also seem to remember putting LSU (top ten team) away with a power running game after we already did our damage thru the air.

Yes, we beat a top-10 ranked LSU team in 2010 -- that is BP's one of only two wins against top10 competition! And that came at the very end of BP's third season. He had 11 chances to beat a top-10 rated team over the course of his four years and won just twice. It wouldn't surprise me if HDN has as good a winning percentage against top-10 teams.

This post was edited on 11/3 10:30 AM by STLhawg

Originally posted by STLhawg:
Yes, we beat a top-10 ranked LSU team in 2010 -- that is BP's one of only two wins against top10 competition! And that came at the very end of BP's third season. He had 11 chances to beat a top-10 rated team over the course of his four years and won just twice. It wouldn't surprise me if HDN has as good a winning percentage against top-10 teams.

This post was edited on 11/3 10:30 AM by STLhawg
I don't know about you, but I would rather be 11-2 and pissed off that we could not beat LSU or Bama than 3-8 and pissed off that we can't beat anybody.

And even HDN is looking pretty good to me right now.

So now you are comparing BP's 4th season to BB's 2nd season? I guess that fits your agenda.
rolleyes.r191677.gif

How many top-10 ranked teams did BP play in his second year? And how many of them did he beat?

Originally posted by STLhawg:
So now you are comparing BP's 4th season to BB's 2nd season? I guess that fits your agenda.
rolleyes.r191677.gif

How many top-10 ranked teams did BP play in his second year? And how many of them did he beat?
My agenda is and always has been to see the Razorbacks WIN. Nothing else.

LOL, you REALLY want to compare second seasons?

Bobby won 8 his second year and we all know it should have been 9 had we not been taken to the cleaners by crooked SEC refs at Florida. He also went Bowling his second year. In case you forgot Florida and Jesus H Tebow won the national title that year and we beat their ass up and down the field. Want to bet on us making a Bowl this year? Or if you really want to compare years you think Bert will go 21-5 the next two? That's just laughable.

I seriously think people who think Beliema is one tenth the coach Petrino is have never seen a football game at a higher level than their kids 3rd grade pee wee game. Petrino may be a prick of the highest magnitude but anybody who questions his talent or results is on freaking drugs. Beliema is grade school compared to the things Bobby did on the field for us. His offense is definitely grade school.

My agenda is and always has been to see the Razorbacks WIN. Nothing else.
That's not what you said in other threads. You seem to put your own preferences (i.e. your agenda) ahead of of the Razorbacks program.

LOL, you REALLY want to compare second seasons?

Bobby won 8 his second year and we all know it should have been 9 had we not been taken to the cleaners by crooked SEC refs at Florida. He also went Bowling his second year. In case you forgot Florida and Jesus H Tebow won the national title that year and we beat their ass up and down the field.
How many top-10 teams did Bobby beat in his second season? That's right ZERO -- the same number Bret has in his second season. Yes BP's team played Florida close and one could make the case the officials helped them win, but BB's team played A&M and Bama close (not to mention MSU) and one could also claim the officials helped our opponents win those games too. The fact is, Bret hasn't done anything worse that Bobby did in his second season -- the only difference is every SEC team we have played this season as been against a top-10 team!

Want to bet on us making a Bowl this year? Or if you really
want to compare years you think Bert will go 21-5 the next two? That's
just laughable.
Unlike like you making claims and calling them fact, I'm not making any. I only say that it's too soon to tell on BB and that this team (including the coaching staff) deserves our support!

I seriously think people who think Beliema is one tenth the coach Petrino is have never seen a football game at a higher level than their kids 3rd grade pee wee game. Petrino may be a prick of the highest magnitude but anybody who questions his talent or results is on freaking drugs. Beliema is grade school compared to the things Bobby did on the field for us. His offense is definitely grade school.
Most would argue that Petrino's defenses were "grade school" during his entire time here. LOL But again, I'm not making any claims -- it is really too soon to tell! If BB's teams was still getting shell-shocked by every top-10 team then perhaps one could try to make the argument, but that hasn't been the case this season. Does that mean BB is the second coming -- certainly not! But comparing things BP did in his last two seasons to what BB has done in his first 1.75 seasons isn't apples-to-apples.

This post was edited on 11/4 4:54 PM by STLhawg

In the 2009 season... Arkansas played 5 top 25 teams... only 2 were ranked in the top 10.

That's not true, Tiawan Johnson, Deatrich Wise, Jamichael Winston, Tevin Mitchell, Trey Flowers, Darius Philon, Johnathan Williams, Kody Walker, Brey Cook, Keon Hatcher. That's a pretty long list and some pretty good players. Maybe if you'll pay attention you'll see that when someone makes a play, it's one of those guys 90% of the time. Yea, its all Petrino's fault this staff can't win a freaking game in the fourth quarter. Keep telling yourself that. Maybe if Jeff Long had thought a little harder about football and what type of offense would have given Arkansas the best chance to win in this conference, he would have made a better hire than this clown. It's not like Gus Malzhan was available or anything.

So, Bobby Petrino's strong suit was recruiting?

You think we have as much talent as anybody in the SEC west and furthermore.... We have a Senior/Junior heavy team because of the absolutely stellar talent that Bobby Recruited...

Have you not noticed how many of Bobby's recruits are no longer with the team?

How many from the 2010 class are left? How many are contributing?

Now, go look at Mississippi States 2 deep and see how many Seniors and Juniors they have contributing..

Bobby left us in the same shape he left Louisville in...

Do you remember al the top talent from Arkansas that Bobby let slip out of state?

Originally posted by original hambone:

You think we have as much talent as anybody in the SEC west and furthermore.... We have a Senior/Junior heavy team because of the absolutely stellar talent that Bobby Recruited...

Now, go look at Mississippi States 2 deep and see how many Seniors and Juniors they have contributing..

Do you remember al the top talent from Arkansas that Bobby let slip out of state?
Considering that these players were recruited to a high flying offense and ended up running the Flintstones offense do you find this to be surprising in any way shape or form? WR's do not want to be glorified blockers.

Originally posted by original hambone:

Considering that these players were recruited to a high flying offense and ended up running the Flintstones offense do you find this to be surprising in any way shape or form? WR's do not want to be glorified blockers.

We don't have the QB nor the WR's to run a passing offense. We have the TE's... but, Hunter Henry and AJ Derby arrived after BP chose to act out and demand that he be fired.

Mississippi state has not gone through a coaching change either genius. Players always leave when a coach leaves. Especially when your AD hires a coach that runs an offense that's the exact opposite of the previous coach. Comparing the two and not even mentioning the John L Smith disaster is ridiculous. How are the two schools situations even remotely the same?

Originally posted by hogzilla22:
Mississippi state has not gone through a coaching change either genius. Players always leave when a coach leaves. Especially when your AD hires a coach that runs an offense that's the exact opposite of the previous coach. Comparing the two and not even mentioning the John L Smith disaster is ridiculous. How are the two schools situations even remotely the same?
No need for person insults....

To bad you aren't a premium member and you could read the article for yourself. If it weren't against the rules, I'd copy and paste it for you.

We don't even have the players to run BP's offense. As many WR's as BP recruited... WR is one of our weakest positions. We are short on talent all over the place. BP had one strong class, his first. After that his recruiting went down hill.

BP's recruiting did not sit us up for long term success.

The point of the article was that Mississippi State has redshirt Seniors and redshirt Juniors all over the place.

I did a little leg work for you.

Starters
Ms. St. on offense 6 RS Sr., 3 Sr., and 2 RS Jr.
Ms. St. on defense, 3 RS Sr., 3 Sr., 3 RS Jr., 1 Jr. and 1 RS So.

On their two deep, they have 15 RS Sr., 12 Sr,. 8 RS Jr., and 2 Jr. That's 27 Seniors and 20 Juniors... Mississippi State has 47 Juniors and Seniors.

Starters:
Ark. has on offense, 1 RS Sr., 2 Sr., 3 RS Jr., 2 Jr., and 3 So.
Ark. on defense has., 1 RS Sr., 3 Sr., 1 RS Jr., 1 Jr., 3 RS so., and 1 So.

On Arkasnas 2 deep., we have 5 RS seniors, 6 seniors, 4 RS Jr., and 3 Juniors.

That's 11 Seniors. and 7 juniors. and out of that 18, AJ Derby, Cameron Jefferson, Sebastian Tretola, Martel Spaight, and Carroll Washington are transfers.. So, subtract 5 from those 18 and you have 13 Juniors and Seniors.

Do you remember when Steve Kragthorp took over at Louisville for BP?

This post was edited on 11/6 8:35 AM by original hambone

This post was edited on 11/6 8:49 AM by original hambone

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT