ADVERTISEMENT

What Oklahoma fans are saying about you. It ain't nice.

I read ever thread, and they call us delusional. Priceless. Funny thing is how the one guy (BillyRay - I'm assuming naming himself after Billy Ray Cyrus - funny in itself) says "We hate Oklahoma more than Texas" yeah sorry Sooners your not that important to us. However they are correct on 1 thing and only this one thing. Since joining the SEC (1991) Arkansas has only lost to 2 Big 12 teams in 5 Bowls games against Big 12 teams 1 to Oklahoma and then again it was only by 7 Oklahoma so yeah I wouldn't crow to damn loud, and if anyone is pissy its Oklahoma fans who still remember the ass kicking they got in the 1978 Orange Bowl when Big bad #1 ranked Sooners ran their mouths very much like today and well 31 - 6 loss to the Hogs later they all of the sudden had nothing to say. Well I'm not a Bama fan but I am a SEC fan, and yes I will be pulling for Bama, and yes Bama will kick your ass. Deal with the fact that the Big 12 is a piss ant conference and the only reason Oklahoma is even in the Playoff is because no one from the Pac 12 stepped up. Oklahoma was a choice of "They had no other option but to pic the Sooners", and anyone who loses to a 5-7 Texas has no room to run their damn mouths about who Arkansas lost to. I see Toledo is 9-2. Ill give you Texas Tech the Hogs should have won that game, but it is what it is. Now if it pans out like it looks Arkansas will once again be put against a Big 12 team in the likes of Kansas State, and the result will be the same Arkansas will win extending our bowl record against the Texas League aka Whiner Conference aka Big 12 (with only 10 teams) to 4-2. As far as the Vanderbilt comment ........YEAH I would gladly put my money on Vanderbilt against any POS team from the Big 12 any day, any time.

I personally didn't have a problem with what was said in the thread. Some of it was dead on point. We did celebrate our 7-5 season last year, our coach won 2 sec games last year, and we did give him a raise . We were picked at the beginning of the year to go 9-3,10-2. Well again this year we are at 7-5, and again we are kinda celebrating it. Next year I see us about 7-5 again. We come into the season expecting to win 10 games, but by the end of the year, find every excuse why we win 7, and say how proud we are with our team and coach that got to 7. Bottom line- We have become ok with mediocrity - in both football and basketball - like it or not.

I too, read it. They pretty much hit some of our fan base on the head. Not doing two a days put the team behind, that was 100% coaching.

Why feed the troll? He is most likely one of toothless from that thread trying to stir things up for some reason, safe to do since they aren't playing us. Sure, we lost to Toledo, TT, and A&M, games we could have won but all the younger players being thrown into the fire because of all the injuries that hit us early and often this year had not gotten comfortable and started stepping up yet. Ten players out multiple games with broken bones is just insane, do they not serve milk at the UA cafeteria? I don't remember ever having such a bad year for injuries before. No guarantee we would have won all three of those games if we had been healthy, but I think it most likely we would have.

The saddest part about that thread is they are right about the vast majority of what they say. Why blame the messenger?
If one of their coaches went 7-5 around Norman they would be ready and willing to can him the moment the season ended. Oklahoma demands greatness and that's why they compete for titles, not two games above 500. Around Fayetteville, 7 win seasons are now celebrated under Emperor Long as if it's some great accomplishment. This is the new mindset on the hill, where we celebrate 7 win years as if we just landed in the top 10 and hand out raises and extensions for winning two freaking conference games.

It's the difference between elite programs and wannabe programs and I'm sad and sorry to say we now follow in the latter.
Thank you Jeff, for destroying our chance to be elite. Don't be mad at the Oklahoma faithful for telling the truth. Get mad at the idiots on the hill who now have our programs satisfied with mediocre years.

The Liberty Bowl in year three against another 6-6 team! Yeah!!!! Personally, I preferred going to the Sugar Bowl in year three.

Good thing they went 8-5 last year then or Stoops would have been fired.

LOL, You do get a mulligan when you've put the teams on the table that Stoops has. Besides, they didn't go handing out raises, extensions and getting all giddy about 8 wins like our fans base loves to do. They were pissed about it. Wasn't that kind of their point? That's a main difference in the elite programs and the wannabes.

I come back here after a hiatus and Porker is still spewing the same old BS....if nothing else you are consistently negative!!!

Well, if 17-20 (Berts record here) is your thing then go dance in the streets. More power to you.
Personally I liked it better when we had an elite coach here that was actually accomplishing something.
Hell, if a 7-8 win coach is your deal we could have kept hootie and had similar results except he didn't embarrass us with stupidity out of his mouth every other month.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT