ADVERTISEMENT

OT What's going on at Arkansas Tech today?

Italian Arkie

IT Guy Extraordinaire
Dec 5, 2017
Just received this from President Bowen:

A Message from President Bowen

Several groups have indicated they may exercise their First Amendment right to free speech on campus today. Details about the speech and demonstration regulations at ATU as well as information about how the ATU Department of Public Safety is prepared to handle today’s potential demonstrations were posted on OneTech yesterday afternoon. I encourage you to read that post if you have not already done so.

I am committed to diversity and inclusion. It is integral to who I am as a human being and as an educator. It is what I personally believe, and it is a value that I have observed our university community uphold time and again.

But today, we must balance personal beliefs with two important responsibilities.

ATU recognizes and supports the rights of individuals to speak in public and demonstrate in a lawful manner that is consistent with our speech and demonstration regulations. As a result of the First Amendment to the U.S. Constitution and subsequent rulings from the U.S. Supreme Court, any internal or external groups have a legal right to express their points of view on campus.

ATU also strives to provide its students with a safe learning environment and its faculty and staff with a safe working environment. That is why the ATU Department of Public Safety has taken specific and proactive steps to support the physical safety of the university community. It is why our officers will be on hand to maintain a safe environment.

In support of the maintenance of a safe learning and working environment, please give serious consideration to avoiding engagement with any external groups if they do indeed visit our campus and demonstrate today.

Thank you for your consideration of my thoughts on this important topic. I wish students a successful final day of class for the spring 2019 semester, a productive reading day tomorrow and the best of luck during final exams.

Dr. Robin E. Bowen
President

Interesting. Hadn't heard a word about it.

My teaching friend on campus says they are there. I'd go check it out but I'd probably pop off and either get hit or arrested.

Reactions: jegreenwood
Gtfo with your first sentence.

Meh on the second.

Haha! I honestly hate that drive from Hot Springs up 7 through Dardanelle/Danville/Russvegas.. but don't have a problem with Russvegas in general.. plus, these inbred Nazis are out in the boonies of Yell, Pope, Franklin, Van Buren County causing all this mess.

Reactions: Michael Honcho
Haha! I honestly hate that drive from Hot Springs up 7 through Dardanelle/Danville/Russvegas.. but don't have a problem with Russvegas in general.. plus, these inbred Nazis are out in the boonies of Yell, Pope, Franklin, Van Buren County causing all this mess.
The group is apparently from Mountain View. It's Shield Wall Network, and they're on campus to demonstrate in support of some Holocaust skeptic professor.

L-O-L.

Private%20training%20pic.jpg

Got car sick on that drive when I was younger and we were picking up one of my sisters friends from the ASMS campus. Sucked as a kid, but I don't mind it much now. I hate 7 from Jasper up to Missouri.

I get a better burger than CJs at work.

Got car sick on that drive when I was younger and we were picking up one of my sisters friends from the ASMS campus. Sucked as a kid, but I don't mind it much now. I hate 7 from Jasper up to Missouri.

I get a better burger than CJs at work.

The drive is pretty in autumn, though. I love that back stretch when you can see through the trees down into the pastures. Other than that.. you're right. It sucks!

I'm not a huge CJ's fan either, but it hits the spot usually on the drive to and fro the Hill.

I mean.. I know the Ozarks/Ouachitas are boring AF and there is absolutely nothing out there for the most part.. but imagine being so bored that you convince yourself that this is a good idea. And that it is normal.

Knight%20Party%20conference.jpg

Freakin' kids in the group
Smoky%20Mountain_0.jpg

The leader is Billy Roper, seen here at the UVA demonstration.. repping the Hogs *face palm*

DHEqhB8UMAAj6z8.jpg

https://www.vice.com/sv/article/xd5yew/the-kkk-embraces-diversity-in-harrison-arkansas

Older article, but same group.

I remember hearing about their compound when I would go to Harrison with my buddy, to visit his parents back in college. There was also a similar compound out past Searcy Country Club in White County. We used to drive out there all the time. Creepy as all get out, lol. They literally had shacks they'd built, out in fields. Huge gym on the hill where they did their worship and activities. Lights were on 24/7.

I mean.. I know the Ozarks/Ouachitas are boring AF and there is absolutely nothing out there for the most part.. but imagine being so bored that you convince yourself that this is a good idea. And that it is normal.

Knight%20Party%20conference.jpg

Freakin' kids in the group
Smoky%20Mountain_0.jpg

The leader is Billy Roper, seen here at the UVA demonstration.. repping the Hogs *face palm*

DHEqhB8UMAAj6z8.jpg
It's just incel shit. A bunch of beta losers that have been bullied their whole lives - this is their way to feel powerful.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT