ADVERTISEMENT

What's going on in Washington DC?

What We Know And Don’t Know About The Events Of January 6th

It takes three days after any event to find out what happened, and 30 days to find out what really happened.

After 60 days, what do we, and don’t we, know about the events of January 6th? What we don’t know concerns me. When information that ought to be public isn’t, there’s a reason. It’s seldom good.

We know there was no “insurrection,” “coup,” or “sedition.” Insurrection is an organized rebellion with the intent of toppling a government. A coup d’état, or “coup,” is the seizure of political power by illegal or violent means. Insurrections and coups often involve the military. Always, they involve weaponry. “Sedition” is the act of encouraging them.

No one condones the events of January 6th. I condemn them without equivocation. That said, neither an insurrection nor a coup took place, no matter how often politicians or their media sycophants parrot those words. No attempt was made to topple the government. Not a shot was fired by protesters. Of the hundreds of thousands who rallied, only a handful were arrested for bringing guns (and the FBI didn't recover any guns at all).

Reactions: Loggerhead55
Why Democrats are scared

The Democrats are proud of their ill gotten success, but they know they cheated, and they are afraid of the truth eventually being revealed. They are consumed with pride and alarm — pride in their power, alarmed that they cannot force the probably seventy-five-plus millions of voters who support Trump to submit to their authoritarian agenda.

Their solution? We must be forced to comply by any means necessary. Any and all discussion or references to the fraud that so characterized the 2020 election must be censored. And it has been censored, just as any legitimate but skeptical medical opinions about COVID and the vaccine must be censored and most certainly have been.

So much for 'armed insurrection': FBI official says no guns confiscated at Jan. 6 Capitol riot

"How many firearms were confiscated in the Capitol or on Capitol grounds during that day?" Wisconsin Sen. Ron Johnson asked Jill Sanborn, the FBI official, during a Senate Homeland Security hearing.

"To my knowledge, we have not recovered any on that day from any other arrests at the scene at this point," replied Sanborn, who serves as FBI assistant director for counterterrorism.

"I don't want to speak on behalf of Metro and Capitol police, but, to my knowledge, none," she added. This rather ruins a Democrat narrative.

Democrats for months have been dining out on about how the mobbing of the Capitol last Jan. 6 was really an "armed insurrection," and "an assault on democracy," rather than a crowd that had a few fringe players of no discernible politics who rarely voted, who managed to invade the Capitol due to poor policing, made worse by intelligence from the FBI that was never passed on to them.

But that's a little reality Democrats and their media shills would prefer to ignore.

• Haha
House Democrats pass bill to change American voting forever

If you thought the election in 2020 was bad, you'd better reach out to your senator to fight H.R. 1, which passed the House last night. H.R. 1 takes every bad idea blue states adopted in 2020 — all with an eye to facilitating election fraud and increasing the number of otherwise ineligible Democrat voters — and nationalizes all of them. It isn't just that this bill will mean that Republicans will have an even more uphill battle than usual in every election. It also means that no federal election will ever be trustworthy — and an untrustworthy system is one that will inevitably fail.

• Angry
NOT MAKING HEADLINES: Antifa Members Caught with Gun at Jan 6th Protests, Arrested then Released — SOMEONE NOTIFY CROOKED CHRIS WRAY

Earlier this week FBI Chief Chris Wray lied to the US Senate and claimed there was no evidence Antifa members played a role during the January 6th US Capitol protests.

Chris Wray also said there was no evidence of Antifa members dressed as Trump supporters at the January 6th protests.
This was another lie.

• Wow
George, please don't make me ban you. This is a Razorback sports site first and foremost. I can't even find the last time you posted something Hog related. If this is going to be your only contribution to HawgBeat then I'm sorry but I'm going to ask you to leave
giphy.gif

• Angry

@jfrint
You are obviously happy that my thread was locked and that's your right to express under our First Amendment rights.

However, I was under the impression that the rules of the Grim Bottom were posted in the "Sticky" post on the Grim Bottom. I thought I was following the rules posted. Someone decided that some of my posts were "inappropriate" and a decision was made to lock it.

If you are thinking that you are getting the last laugh on me, you are wrong. When adversity strikes, that's when I am the most calm. Take a step back, stay strong, stay grounded and press on.

This is posted as a "Sticky" post on Grim Bottom":

We do not police the Grim Bottom
Thread starter mcbmd
Start date Jan 11, 2021
Post and read here at your own risk. However, you may report to the moderators if:

1) There are direct threats of violence towards a poster or his/her family
2) There are posts inciting violence directly or indirectly towards a poster
3) As @Turbo Buffalo said, federal laws, etc. etc. are being broken.

Feel free to report a post if you have issues with it, but unless it is determined that one of the above has been violated, we will most likely reject the report.

Reactions: Mhhoover92
@jfrint
You are obviously happy that my thread was locked and that's your right to express under our First Amendment rights.

However, I was under the impression that the rules of the Grim Bottom were posted in the "Sticky" post on the Grim Bottom. I thought I was following the rules posted. Someone decided that some of my posts were "inappropriate" and a decision was made to lock it.

If you are thinking that you are getting the last laugh on me, you are wrong. When adversity strikes, that's when I am the most calm. Take a step back, stay strong, stay grounded and press on.

Thread starter mcbmd
Start date Jan 11, 2021
Post and read here at your own risk. However, you may report to the moderators if:

Feel free to report a post if you have issues with it, but unless it is determined that one of the above has been violated, we will most likely reject the report.
@jfrint

Thread starter mcbmd
Start date Jan 11, 2021

posting fake news shouldn’t be tolerated on any site and I’m glad people are finally starting to crack down on it.
you knew what you were doing when you posted all of those extreme conspiracies

posting fake news shouldn’t be tolerated on any site and I’m glad people are finally starting to crack down on it.
you knew what you were doing when you posted all of those extreme conspiracies

To be fair, the news had possibly its worst year last year in terms of reporting accurately and objectively. If you go back to even the start of the pandemic, there’s numerous examples of misleading or false reporting by both sides.

Clay Travis recently testified in front of Congress and told the committee about Facebook pulling down an article citing the OPINION of a credible Johns Hopkins doctor articulating why we could reach herd immunity by April. The OPINION was FACT CHECKED, taken down and it plummeted the traffic to his site for a period of time that cost him thousands of dollars.

Reactions: georgemarsh
ADVERTISEMENT