ADVERTISEMENT

What's the score Saturday, and what do you hope to see?

hobhog

Starter
Sep 26, 2004
I think we take some year long frustration out on NSU: 66-10. I think coach will look to build some confidence from this game and will not call off the dogs(Hogs).

What would I like to see?

1. Huge lead at half.
2. Lots of freshman play 2nd half, including A. Allen.
3. 3 RB's rush for 100 yards.

and of course, no injuries.

The score will be whatever Arkansas wants it to be. Would like to see a team that is well prepared and carries out their assignments properly.

50+ points while holding them to a TD or less. I would like to see our kicker try some FG's, it could be useful in the future.

A win and as many backups as possible for as long as possible. I would rather win 30-10 getting young guys experience than run up the score. I want to be in control the whole game and start subbing in the 2nd qtr. Depth will determine if HOGS make a bowl.

Score?
Hogs 31
nich's 17

Would like to see A Razorback win, even if it's against a HS team like Nickels&Dimes State University.

Very worried an average TT and good NIU team are gonna beat us.

Why would you be worried about a TT team when they let UCA score 35 on them...... Is UCA that much better than we are?

I want to see:

A hog victory, even if it's just one point.
The passing game get some much needed work, looked awful rusty against Aubie.
Lots of backups getting game experience, even if it means not covering the spread. An actual game is better than just practicing.
Two of the three running backs in some two back sets to give the defense something to worry about.

I don't want to see any more injuries.

Because TT is a pass happy team that snaps the ball quicker than Aubie does and our pass defense is probably our weakest link.

Score? Not sure. I just want to see good tackling and no opposing..

receivers running around wide open on third and long.

Re: Score? Not sure. I just want to see good tackling and no opposing..

Us 28 them 14. But I would take a win by 1. Been a while since we won a game.

If we dont beat these guys by 40+ there is something wrong. I doubt NSU has one player we recruited, and our 3rd string guys should match up well. Not being arrogant, but NSU should show little resistance vs. Hogs or I'll be very worried. I'm going to this game just to regain some self confidence!

It is more what I hope to not see: A Repeat of the Citadel Game

This is the only gimme on the sked, I hope they do not blow it. I want to see a 4 quarter effort. Receivers who can catch clutch passes. Runners who do not fumble. Defenders who will hit. DBs who can play defense better than my 91 year old mother. A QB who knows where the first down marker is located. Coaches who can make half-time adjustments. I want to see real razorbacks out there in cardinal jerseys, cardinal helmets, and white pants with two thin cardinal stripes down each leg playing real razorback football. Is that too much to ask?

Re: It is more what I hope to not see: A Repeat of the Citadel Game

Well, other than the stripes on the pants, I got what I wanted. Keep improving every week. We have some pretty good playing young guys.

Re: It is more what I hope to not see: A Repeat of the Citadel Game

Hopefully we can get some more interceptions. I liked how Dean yanked the ball away from their receiver for the int.
About the unis, I miss the glossy helmets, don't like the dull look of the flat finished ones we wear now.

Welp, I got my wish........

Couldnt have scripted it any better. Fun day at RRS, players had fun, lots of people got to play, and no injuries...

Now on to the meat of the schedule. Next two games are very winable but need to play well.

Re: Welp, I got my wish........

I watched parts of both of TTs games and they seem weak against the run, but our pass defense will need to step it up. The defense will also have to hustle more to get set, they seem to like trying to snap the ball while defenses are still not set, even the ref has to book it to his position after blowing the play live and was not there several times in the TT/UCA game.

TTech will be up for us, and playing better than they did against elpaso.

NIU is a very good team, and it will be like an SEC game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT