ADVERTISEMENT

Whoever call that flea flicker BS

That would be Chaney. Even coach B said it best at halftime....no need to be cute.
I don't think we threw it 1 time in the second half. Yeah we did,....to hunter Henery in the end zone.

We didn't have to throw it when you can run it like that! Congrats to the Hogs, that was a very good win!!! No doubt we'll have to throw the ball more in future games but we played a very good game today against a big-5 conference team on the road. I thought we did a really good job of picking up first downs even after a no gain or penalty on first down, that's always a big concern with running teams.

This was a very good win! We are getting better but the defense needs a little more help. Just keep recruiting and developing players.

If that flea flicker had been thrown on target it would have been a TD, as would have another longer 1st half pass that was overthrown. We could have been in the lead and cruising before the half if not for some poorly thrown balls and a bunch of missed tackles giving up 1st downs. We need to get the passing game working better before we start playing against better run defenses and work more on tackling. The defense is improving as the INTs and broken up passes showed me, but until we have some depth to keep the drop off between the 1st and 2nd teams from being so wide, every game will be a scary one. It was easy to tell whenever the backups were in.

Alex Collins fumbled the reverse, there was a flea flicker, but I was thinking it was further away than 15 yards like the OP mentioned, we may be talking about different plays.

We're talking the same play. My bad. It was a reverse. My point is that the hogs were gnashing them with the run and didn't need a play with more than two guys touching the ball that close to the goal. I was not critiquing the players. They did a good job today. I loved the play earlier in the game when Alex lateraled the ball to Brandon for a long pass, even if it was incomplete. Good play at the right time.

Much improved pass D. Tevin looked like a pro for the few plays he played. I though the interception our guy had was a clean catch and that the ground made him fumble after the catch.

Very solid win and should be a confidence builder going forward. We're not quite good enough for some guys to take a half play off defensively. Go full boar until the whistle blows. Clean up the little things and we might go to a bowl this year.

Don't listen to those media hacks...and turn your hate off..

That was a touchdown in the making. Left pulling guard completely missed the tackler ran right past him, actually had another linemen lined up directly in front of the tackler watch him go by as well (a missed blocking assignment). Players got to execute the play called is all, and I'm sure they practiced it and done well with the play.

If you pay closer attention we had a wall set up on the inbound sideline. He would have walked in from there.
Not only that the play also makes the defense play the whole field which is something you ought to be wanting, we just ran a bunch of plays up the middle already setting this play. Its just they got penetration on that play because of a missed block.

You can go to ESPN videos and check it out what really happened if you want to. I'm fairly certain the guys in the booth that day that told you what to believe didn't at the moment.

Well, I do hope the coaches critique Alex a bit for deciding to jog the last few yards into the endzone on his long run. If the defender had slapped the ball out of his hand just a tiny bit sooner we would have missed out on the TD and they could have gotten the ball on the 20 after recovering in the endzone. I was surprised the ref didn't call it a fumble as it was.

Hey at that moment, and pretty much the whole game, Arkansas was able to pretty much run when ever they wanted to so the OC decided to try the flea flicker again, and the second time it didn't work, hell they couldn't stop us so why the hell not lol............and even CBB said "we are done being cute" or did you miss that part of the going into the locker room halftime interview? lol

Im okay with the call. It would have worked if not for a missed block. It seems the phrase you cant please everyone is proving true. Ppl in here complaining about not throwing it enough and how recruits are going to judge us based on that.....thats possibly true but think of the alternative. I remember after the Auburn game fans were on message boards and calling into the radio shows moaning and complaining because we "abandoned the run" and how terrible Brandon Allen was (although he looked great in the Auburn game to me) so why are we throwing the ball, etc etc.

Now we run the ball at will, WIN THE GAME, and people are complaining.............because we didnt pass it enough?? All I can do is shake my head. I just dont get people. And you know if Brandon had thrown a pick and they scored off of it the fans would have been pissed. I guess football is like everything else in life--hind sight is 20/20

For the record, I thought our passing plays were called spot on for the most part. Brandon Allen just had a poor day passing the ball. He overthrew 3 or 4 easy passes some of which would have been big plays.

Agree with passing plays. Well conceived. Executed at the proper time. Just a tad off. We'll start to get those. Glad they are in the playbook.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT