ADVERTISEMENT

Why does Bret call out other teams he's not even playing?

I think its classless. His wife did the same thing a while back tweeting #karma when his former team lost a game they should have won and it came back to bite her too when we lost to a Rutgers team we were supposed to beat. I remember a few fans from the Big 10 saying when he was hired at Arkansas he was like this, a jerk. Everyone laughed it off but it seems to be coming to fruition. I am sure Urban Meyer and the rest of the Big 10 was laughing when he said it and even harder when we lost to Toledo. Anyone that has a losing record in his own conference and not even .500 at that should keep his mouth shut. You see here in Arkansas some follow Wally Small and drink his kool-aid and believe whatever he says. There are quite a few here that know BB is not the HC that will get us where we want to be but as long as he is the HC they still believe what Wally tells them. Personally he is no better than Jack Crowe and not even on the same level with lol Danny Ford and slightly better than John L. Smith and thats sad. He has a huge buyout so we are stuck with him, heck even Houston Nutt did better. He will be lucky if he can get a job in the MAC in a few years.

Reactions: Cosmoc
I think its classless. His wife did the same thing a while back tweeting #karma when his former team lost a game they should have won and it came back to bite her too when we lost to a Rutgers team we were supposed to beat. I remember a few fans from the Big 10 saying when he was hired at Arkansas he was like this, a jerk. Everyone laughed it off but it seems to be coming to fruition. I am sure Urban Meyer and the rest of the Big 10 was laughing when he said it and even harder when we lost to Toledo. Anyone that has a losing record in his own conference and not even .500 at that should keep his mouth shut. You see here in Arkansas some follow Wally Small and drink his kool-aid and believe whatever he says. There are quite a few here that know BB is not the HC that will get us where we want to be but as long as he is the HC they still believe what Wally tells them. Personally he is no better than Jack Crowe and not even on the same level with lol Danny Ford and slightly better than John L. Smith and thats sad. He has a huge buyout so we are stuck with him, heck even Houston Nutt did better. He will be lucky if he can get a job in the MAC in a few years.

I tried to tell everybody around here 4 years ago that Long was dooming us to becoming the joke of the SEC once again but everybody just ridiculed me and got in line behind that moron Long with the rest of the Lemmings in state. Bert is a joke of a coach and thanks to Mr. Long, we are saddled with this idiot for years to come. The guy constantly writes checks with his mouth that his coaching ability cannot come close to covering.
Hopefully Texas will show interest in Mr. Integrity and I can throw a 4 keg party the day that worthless self promoter packs his bags. Then maybe we can get around to trying to win football games again.
Mr. Long has brought us: John L Smith (reason to fire him alone), The first winless conference season in my lifetime, Turning a top 10 team to a bottom dweller overnight, Losses to Louisiana Monroe and Toledo and gave this worthless loudmouth of a coach an extension and stupidly high buyout that keeps us stuck with him for the next 5 years. Who the hell gives a coach that has won 2 conference games in two years a massive raise and extension? What more needs be said about that moron?

What's his motivation?

It appears to be a distraction more than anything else.

That is a strawman argument.

Making a factual statement that was true when he said it and it's still true.

He said it one time... he is not "focusing" on it as some people claim. Nor is it a distraction.

I can give you a number of reasons we lost to Toledo and CBB's statement is not even in the top 100.

It will take two years but the Toledo game was the beginning of the end.

Beginning of the end of what? The contract to play in LR runs out after 2018. I will be pleasantly surprised if they decide to play anymore games in LR.

We have lost games in LR before.. I think we got shut out by Memphis one year.

as far as crushing defeats. I remember getting beat by SMU after they came off probation and couldn't score against high grass. I was a the citadel game in Fayetteville. I was at LR when we were ranked like #3 in the country and Miami Hurricanes beat us like 51-7.. I have never felt so helpless in a game as that one. We couldn't do anything right.

But, I was also at LR when we beat the Aggies, ranked #2 31-6... Absolutely awesome game. And the Miracles on Markum... And the best game I have ever seen.. the 1989 Houston game. We win by like 4 or 5 and scored on every possession in the second half. Thrilling game from start to finish. I was there when we beat Texas 14-13 I think...

And, I was there when Texas beat us on the last play.. the TD pass to their tiny WR.. names was Jones.

That is a strawman argument.

Making a factual statement that was true when he said it and it's still true.

He said it one time... he is not "focusing" on it as some people claim. Nor is it a distraction.

I can give you a number of reasons we lost to Toledo and CBB's statement is not even in the top 100.

I for one do not think his comments cost us the Toledo game. Mainly it was the fact Toledo was the better team, better coached and more prepared. His comments just like all his comments about the schedules and the hurry up no huddle offenses are just whiny and it needs to stop. He is paid to coach not complain. If I was making the money he is I would not complain about anything, especially if I got an extension for pretty much not doing squat as far as winning the SEC or Division Title or Major Bowl. Does anyone think he is worth the money he makes? I don't. I read where Wally Small said people were taking shots at CBB for his comments after the Toledo loss, I say deservedly so, he dished it out now he needs to man up and take it.

AT least he creates some buzz for your program, any publicity is good publicity but he needs to back it up..

He griped about the schedule this summer At A speech at you clubs four ball. Thought that was real whiny. The. He coma I s about the officiating. Nuff said.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT