ADVERTISEMENT

Will a couple of extra Hog basketball scholarships open up?

rzrbkman

Letterman
Mar 28, 2004
The only Hogs for sure to be moving on at the end of the season are Harris and Madden.

There is always the potential for Portis and Qualls to go pro.

I'm wondering more about Miles(Injuries?), Durham(not working out for him like he hoped) or Thompson(lots of potential but a wasted year of playing time) moving on for various reasons.

Im guessing yes.

Your stated possibilities seem accurate.

We need a true PG; which Whitt will be.
And a true PF and/or scoring Swing/wingman.
(a Derek Hood or Todd Day type).

I don't know his stock is falling and now the injury. Both need one more year to polish their games.

It appears that even if there are more Hogs that move on, that there is not a lot of high quality recruits left out there to sign this season. I don't believe that Anderson should sign just anyone to fill a roster spot but then again it looks like the Hogs should have been able to sign more than 1 quality recruit in the early signing period. Sure, the class of 2016 is supposed to be strong but that does'nt mean the Hogs will be able to sign just any of those that they want. I think the team will have much better success at staying on top if they can sign a minimum of 2 top recruits per class instead of having most of the players on the roster located in just 2 of the 4 classes, as it looks like that will be the case next season.

As it stands right now, here is what the roster looks like for 2015-16:

Seniors

J. Williams
K. Miles
M. Qualls
A. Bell
J. Durham

Juniors

M. Watkins
B. Portis
M. Kingsley
D. Hannahs

Sophmores

T. Thompson
A. Beard
N. Babb

Freshmen

J. Whitt

The rosters going to be top heavy in eligibility years left. If players leave or don't leave after this season, either way there's going to be a big turnover in experience over the next 2 seasons.
This post was edited on 2/12 12:37 PM by rzrbkman

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT