ADVERTISEMENT

OT WTH Ark. State Senator found shot in front of home

Interesting. Don't see much crime in Pocahontas. Has it been confirmed she was shot? Or neighbors heard gun shots a few days ago and are putting the two and two together with her death? Recent divorcee as well. This smells fishy and will be worth following. Hate to see anyone die under any circumstance.

Interesting. Don't see much crime in Pocahontas. Has it been confirmed she was shot? Or neighbors heard gun shots a few days ago and are putting the two and two together with her death? Recent divorcee as well. This smells fishy and will be worth following. Hate to see anyone die under any circumstance.
Yes, definitely shot. Ruled a homicide. Gag order now in place.

https://www.kait8.com/2019/06/05/former-state-senator-linda-collins-smith-found-dead-gunshot-wound/

Reactions: jegreenwood
She had a weird political career. Served 2 terms, one each on either side of the aisle. Was a staunch gun rights advocate and tried to introduce a "bathroom bill" similar to the one in North Carolina.

She had a weird political career. Served 2 terms, one each on either side of the aisle. Was a staunch gun rights advocate and tried to introduce a "bathroom bill" similar to the one in North Carolina.
Friends of mine that work in state government say that she was well-respected at the Capitol. Everyone was very surprised when she was beaten out in the primary last year.

And a fairly heated divorce at that from what i have read.
MrW5mUX.gif

Friends of mine that work in state government say that she was well-respected at the Capitol. Everyone was very surprised when she was beaten out in the primary last year.

That’s not really accurate from what I understand. I’m sure she was respected, but she wasn’t very popular. If she was she would have won. She was too far right for even most Rs. That’s why Asa wanted her out and backed her opponent in the primary.

My wife is from Pocahontas and grew up with her family. They own the Days Inn there. The husband cheated on her a while back causing the divorce...Let me see if I can get todays scoop. My wife works with the Sheriff's daughter.
Where is the sheriff from originally? Trying to decide if I am related to him.

That’s not really accurate from what I understand. I’m sure she was respected, but she wasn’t very popular. If she was she would have won. She was too far right for even most Rs. That’s why Asa wanted her out and backed her opponent in the primary.
Good points - like I said, this comes directly from folks that worked in various places in the Capitol, Treasury and State office specifically. I wouldn't claim to have firsthand knowledge of any of it.

My wife is from Pocahontas and grew up with her family. They own the Days Inn there. The husband cheated on her a while back causing the divorce...Let me see if I can get todays scoop. My wife works with the Sheriff's daughter.

Owned*

Sold it a year or two ago, which is where the civil suit stems from. This could get interesting.

Haha, i've started to watch more Law & Order -- watched all 8 "collections" of Forensic Files on Netflix (not exactly proud of that I guess) -- I prefer the real crime stuff like FF, Frist 48, Dateline over the actors like in Law&Order and CSI stuff

I do like Dateline. The one on the Arkansas realtor that was murdered a while back by the dude that looks like Steve-O.. it was so good. I followed that story when it was happening though. The dateline was perfect.

I do like Dateline. The one on the Arkansas realtor that was murdered a while back by the dude that looks like Steve-O.. it was so good. I followed that story when it was happening though. The dateline was perfect.
Chris Hansen has a series on Youtube that's produced in the same format - True Crime Daily. I am addicted to them.

Reactions: Chauvinist Pig
ADVERTISEMENT