ADVERTISEMENT

Your Coach Bert

Aug 28, 2016
Regardless of what he thinks about Cole Hedlund's performance, the commments he made about this kid are inexcusable. He should have calmly said, "we will evaluate our special teams situations on Sunday and do what's best for the team and players."
The absolute stupidity of his comments about Hedlund are aggressive and belittling.
As the Father of a football player I would NOT let my kid consider Arkansas as a choice.

Cole, bad days happen and kickers live on an island. Blow it off and go compete hard. Enjoy your time at Arkansas and treat this as a great learning experience. Not many young men (or old men) will go through what this coach just put you through. It will build your character and strength.

If the folks at Arkansas support a man that will attack kids like this guy did, you are getting what you deserve.
I was born and raised in Little Rock and grew up a hog fan, but no more.

Point taken. Listened to the post game press conference and have to say that imo he was spot on.
He may have been right about the outcome but his childish response directed at a college student is unacceptable. Would you want your employer publicly announcing they were "embarrassed" by your performance or any of the other comments he made?
If you had a child that was terribly disfigured I might be right to say thats the ugliest kid I have ever seen but common sense dictates I don't say it and I would have compassion for your child.
IMO he has helped make Arkansas the laughing stock of the SEC with his ridiculous performance.
Have heard a lot of fans say that Hedlund screwed up but Bert should have not been so vocal. Hopefully Jeff Long will have a chat with him about common sense.

Reactions: Trips32_10_44
Why not answer a simple question? You're coming off as a jerk in this thread.
Not on here to answer questions. On here to make a statement about a coach that is treating a player disrespectfully and a program that is failing miserably.
If you think I am a jerk listen to talk radio today. I am the least of your worries. LOL

Not on here to answer questions. On here to make a statement about a coach that is treating a player disrespectfully and a program that is failing miserably.
If you think I am a jerk listen to talk radio today. I am the least of your worries. LOL
Bottom line here is Cole is a scholarship kicker that came in highly touted. All he does is kick, all day every day. Kick. He is a kicker. Ok yes you might miss one close ever now and then that happens. Looking like he did Saturday was unacceptable. But I will say this, if you are gonna tell it like it is, where is the criticism for Austin Allen? He was pathetic and has been both games. I would have benched him if for no other reason than to get his attention. This job is NOT his birth right. He has had it handed to him, and while technically the may be better than the others, right now, they would compete harder than he is.

Can't disagree with the assessment but my biggest issue is his treatment of Cole. Been listening to talk radio today it sounds like most people feel the same way.

Can't disagree with the assessment but my biggest issue is his treatment of Cole. Been listening to talk radio today it sounds like most people feel the same way.
BB is lost, incompetent and has no idea what to do next. That's why the program is where it is. If you don't believe that, look at him on the sidelines during the games. He needs someone to blame for his deficiencies and Saturday, Cole took the worst of it,

BB is lost, incompetent and has no idea what to do next. That's why the program is where it is. If you don't believe that, look at him on the sidelines during the games. He needs someone to blame for his deficiencies and Saturday, Cole took the worst of it,
Could not agree more. After listening to Jeff Long at the Touchdown Club today it is clear we have little hope of turning things around. It seemed to me he was talking down to the fan base. His inference that the Razorback program will fail if the people in central and south Arkansas don't support the Razorbacks after the War Memorial Stadium decision is repulsive. Long likes to brag about the business side of the program but he has forgotten that a tremendous amount of athletic revenue is based on the emotional attachment to a program. Just look at the lack of interest in central Arkansas. Go back and look at some of the basketball games at Bud Walton. Interest is falling off. There is a much bigger problem here.

Regardless of what he thinks about Cole Hedlund's performance, the commments he made about this kid are inexcusable. He should have calmly said, "we will evaluate our special teams situations on Sunday and do what's best for the team and players."
The absolute stupidity of his comments about Hedlund are aggressive and belittling.
As the Father of a football player I would NOT let my kid consider Arkansas as a choice.

Cole, bad days happen and kickers live on an island. Blow it off and go compete hard. Enjoy your time at Arkansas and treat this as a great learning experience. Not many young men (or old men) will go through what this coach just put you through. It will build your character and strength.

If the folks at Arkansas support a man that will attack kids like this guy did, you are getting what you deserve.
I was born and raised in Little Rock and grew up a hog fan, but no more.

Go drunk...you're home

You hit the hit the nail on the head. Listened to him today and he is losing it. The guy is mad about the fans being mad about his comments about Hedlund.
As Rick Schaffer said yesterday, we have 115 million in revenue in the athletic program and the buyout can be extended over 5 years. On a present value basis the payout is less than published and affordable under that scenario. If Schaffer says that's an option you better believe that option is quietly being discussed.

Reactions: GiveEmtheTusk
You hit the hit the nail on the head. Listened to him today and he is losing it. The guy is mad about the fans being mad about his comments about Hedlund.
As Rick Schaffer said yesterday, we have 115 million in revenue in the athletic program and the buyout can be extended over 5 years. On a present value basis the payout is less than published and affordable under that scenario. If Schaffer says that's an option you better believe that option is quietly being discussed.

We can only hope.... Loved me some CBB when he got here, but year five is 'get it or quit it!'

Reactions: Insideout2019
Jeff Long is perfectly happy with the football program where it is. Bert is going nowhere. He got a chance to see what the monster would be like to feed during the Petrino years. If Bert goes, Long has to go. Up until this week, UA always portrayed itself to have plenty of money. Long said that money was the big issue for UA in competing in the SEC but he didn't say football. He doesn't care about football. If he did, he would have figured out a way to keep Petrino. Instead, he road the popularity of firing Bobby to where he is now. Everybody knows who Bobby is.... hardly anyone knows who Jeff Long is and its much more repulsive.

Reactions: Insideout2019
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT