ADVERTISEMENT

FB Recruiting 2026 DB commit Tay Lockett not fazed by Hogs' loss to A&M

DanielFair

Football Recruiting Analyst
Staff
Dec 6, 2019
After a lackluster performance by the Arkansas Razorbacks over the last three weeks, some fans might be worried about recruits jumping ship.

That doesn't seem to be in the cards for 2026 defensive back Tay Lockett, though. He was on hand for the 34-22 loss to Texas A&M inside AT&T Stadium on Saturday and he told HawgBeat he is still locked in with the Hogs.

"It doesn't have any effect on me at all," Lockett said of the game's outcome. "Just because I know that's where I want to go. I just feel like that's the best overall place for me, whether coaches are there, coaches aren't there. It's just like the overall atmosphere and people there."

During the trip, Lockett said he had the chance to talk to Arkansas men's basketball coach Eric Musselman. Locket said overall it was cool to see his future college team playing in as nice a stadium as AT&T Stadium.

"That's always the end goal, to play in the NFL," Lockett said. "So to know that you're going to be playing in an NFL stadium, not a lot of college athletes can even say that. So that's definitely a very nice thing."

While Lockett was at the game, he had the opportunity to check out multiple views of the game, from both where his fellow recruits were sitting, as well as a higher-class area.

"It was very cool to see UA play," Lockett said. "It obviously didn't go how I wanted it to go, but it was very cool. I got to meet the basketball head coach, so that was pretty cool. I was actually sitting with the recruits for a little bit, and then I went up to a suite with some people who own it and are friends with the owners. So that was very cool."

The 5-foot-10, 163-pound defensive back is making a lot of noise out west this season. For St. John Bosco High School — where he is in his first season — he's intercepted four passes, deflected one pass and recorded 22 total tackles.

Lockett committed to Arkansas on Aug. 24, choosing the Razorbacks over offers from USC, Georgia, Tennessee and others. He is one of two commits in the class of 2026, joining offensive lineman Bear McWhorter out of Cartersville, Georgia.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News