ADVERTISEMENT

OT Always feared this day

UCABear_8

Couldn’t Afford UofA Tuition
Gold Member
Jul 9, 2008
Conway, Arkansas
So the 11 year old beagle my wife and I got in college started to lose a lot of weight the past few months. I thought it was just because we put the baby gate to block him from getting into the cat litter. Fast forward to Monday and he started to take a quick turn. I thought he just ate something in the yard and he couldn’t pass it. He does that all the time, he’s a beagle and he’s fine after a day or so. But this seemed different. He was just throwing up liquid, and couldn’t keep any down. Took him in to see the vet this morning if he had a blockage that the vet could help with.

Long story short, he has a aggressive cancerous tumor growing in his stomach that they can’t tell what organ it’s attached to, if not even up to three, in his stomach. We have two options 1) try to have immediate surgery in Memphis to remove the tumor without confirmation it will be successfully removed, it would actually stop the cancer from spreading, that the cancer wouldn’t come back in the next few months. 2) Go ahead and put him down Thursday when his vet can do it.

I know for a fact I haven’t cried, or had that much trouble saying words, in my adult life. Would appreciate some prayers, if that’s your thing, the next few days. We grew up with him, he taught me the responsibility of taking care of someone besides myself and helped bring joy to our two year old since we brought him home. Our little boy just upgraded from calling him “dog, dog” to his name “Cooper” literally this last weekend. I’m in shambles and will only be worse come Thursday afternoon.

I’m rambling but wanted to share somewhere.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News