ADVERTISEMENT

Annual Ode to Dad

UTRIP UMP

All-American
Sep 14, 2003
Hey Dad.

I know we talk all the time, but it is Father's Day weekend after all. Going down to see Mama
after work. I know how sad it makes you to see her the way she is now. She doesn't
really know me or Sis much, though she can still call Sis by name now and then. The
fact that she can't communicate most of her thoughts and feelings makes it so hard sometimes,
but she still loves hugs and kisses, and she still smiles and laughs, ,and that is good enough for me.

I know the Alzheimer's and dementia makes her lonely on the inside, and if she could, I bet she would be so comforted to see you again and I bet her eyes would light up like a Christmas tree.

Damn, you'd be so proud of the Astros and the Cowboys. Cowboys had the best year in
a long time and they are just a few defenders short of being great again. And the Astros, WOW!
Good pitching, if they stay healthy, and more sticks in the batting order than ever before.
Wish we could sit down in the den with a couple of beers and watch the games together like we use to . That would be so awesome! Laura Lee loves the Astros as much as you and I do, though
she passively watches the Pokes. Of course, it'd be even better to spend a whole Saturday
afternoon in the fall watching one college football game after another, especially the Hogs.

Shannon has been a real blessing helping with Mama too. She loves her grandmother
deeply and more times than not comes with us when we drive down to Hooks, not
wanting to miss opportunities to spend time with her as time together dwindles down.

She excels at the technological stuff, and is so quick-witted, so she's a real chip off
the old block-meaning you, lol, but you always knew that anyway. She misses you
so much and I can tell you are never far from her thoughts and heart

Your grandson finally got hitched last fall to a real sweetheart. She shares a lot of
interests with him like camping and hiking and all things outdoors. Maybe you'll
be a great-grandfather soon. We got our fingers crossed. Oh, and she has
made him a hockey fan too. They go to Nashville and watch the Predators and
he got to go to a playoff game already.

It's been almost 10 years now since you've been gone. Sure would like to throw
my arms around you and give you a big hug. Sure would like to look you in
the eyes and tell you that I'm so proud of you, so proud to be your son.
Sure would like to tell you how much I love you and miss you.

This will have to do

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News