ADVERTISEMENT

FB Recruiting Arkansas 2025 QB commit Grayson Wilson talks Razorback camp, Dan Enos

masonchoate

Publisher
Staff
Sep 1, 2021

Arkansas picked up a commitment from three-star 2025 quarterback Grayson Wilson out of Central Arkansas Christian shortly after the team's Red-White spring scrimmage back on April 15.

The 6-foot-3, 185-pound passer made the trip up to Fayetteville to participate in his future school's 1-day camp on Sunday.

"It was great," Wilson said. "It's great to be back up here getting some coaching experience from my future college QB coach."

His future quarterback coach is Arkansas offensive coordinator Dan Enos, who has a very respectable track record of developing passers.

"He's very specific and fundamental," Wilson said. "I really like that he takes time to work with everyone. If you are doing something wrong he will come correct you. He won't let you just mess up."

The 1-day camp with Arkansas features instruction delivered by the Razorback football staff. Campers go through position-specific drills, agility conditioning and even combine testing drills. The meaning of the camp is to reflect the structure of a normal Arkansas football practice.

Wilson threw for 1,737 yards and 19 touchdowns last season. He runs a 4.62-second 40-yard-dash, according to his Twitter profile. While the speed doesn't jump off the page, he said in January his pocket-passing game is where he's at his best.

"I think I'm a good pocket passer," Wilson said. "I think I can throw it well on the run. I can escape the pocket whenever I need to. I think I have good leadership and control of the team. I have a strong arm. In my opinion, I have good accuracy and I'm a good leader."

Making the commitment to Arkansas and Enos was the right decision for Wilson, because he feels like it gives him a good shot at continuing his playing career past Fayetteville.

"He's really trying to get us developed to go to the next level," Wilson said. "That's why I like Arkansas."

Wilson confirmed that he is "strong and glad" in his commitment with the Hogs and he even added that he plans to start helping recruit other prospects.

"I saw some here today that I liked," Wilson said. "I will probably talk to the coaches about them. Get their name out there."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News