ADVERTISEMENT

FB Recruiting Arkansas makes cut for Rivals100 safety

DanielFair

Football Recruiting Analyst
Staff
Dec 6, 2019
Arkansas is digging deep on the recruiting trail, and the Hogs are still in it for a four-star safety out of Mississippi.

Jarcoby Hopson Jr. from Lake Cormorant released his Top 8 on Saturday morning, and the Razorbacks are firmly in the mix.

The No. 93 player in the country also listed Texas A&M, Ole Miss, Miami, Texas, LSU, Auburn and Mississippi State in his Top 8.

Hopson has taken a few visits in the last few weeks, making a trip to Arkansas on Jan. 27 and Ole Miss a week later. He told HawgBeat after his visit he likes the energy of Arkansas defensive coordinator Travis Williams.

"Coach T-Will, I mean, great dude," Hopson said. "I feel like he can coach me. He got good relationships with his guys. Energetic guy, he’s very smart. He knows what he’s talking about when it comes to the game."

Hopson is listed as a safety by Rivals, but said Arkansas plans to use him at outside linebacker should he end up a Hog.

It's worth noting Hopson's brother, Jarnorris, committed to Ole Miss on Feb. 5 out of Northwest Mississippi Community College. He was with Jarcoby on the Jan. 27 visit.

Jarcoby told HawgBeat he does plan to take an official visit to Arkansas later this year.

Reactions: cfcjr50
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News