ADVERTISEMENT

As predicted, poopy show and I nailed why...

Now, get the money people back to the sidelines and leave coach searches to the professionals.

See previous thread:
https://arkansas.forums.rivals.com/threads/as-predicted-it-is-a-show-and-other-thoughts.79368/

The people involved in this fiasco need to be named. Wanna bet they are the same clowns that thought it wise to fire Jeff Long?
#knowyourrole

Please.

I was fine with not getting Gus. Just bc we didn’t land him it’s a shit show?

Drama queen comes to mind.

I don’t think it’s a fiasco at all. They made a run at their top option and he didn’t choose us. Since when has Arkansas ever gotten our top option when it comes to coaching searches?

Good grief! Just because that dik coach at aubie showed everyone how he really feels about "home", does NOT make this a shit show... we will get a good coach and that other dude will be gone from aubie within 4 yrs...

What’s this guy even talking about? Lol I don’t see how it’s a sh*t show? I wanted Gus, and I thought he might come, but maybe it was more just wishful thinking. It’s over. That’s all we needed to hear. We will know who the next coach is by noon tomorrow my guess. We are fine. Lol

Because a coach who's played for two national titles at a much better school wants to stay there, it's a s*** show?

Come on now. He did what most anyone would do.
Really? So you would use your buddy's and "dream school" to get a raise?

He couldn't have used A&M, Florida, or Tenn and still gotten his money?

Reactions: ermackey
Now, get the money people back to the sidelines and leave coach searches to the professionals.

See previous thread:
https://arkansas.forums.rivals.com/threads/as-predicted-it-is-a-show-and-other-thoughts.79368/

The people involved in this fiasco need to be named. Wanna bet they are the same clowns that thought it wise to fire Jeff Long?
#knowyourrole

I bet their names will never come out. At least, not anything conclusive that gets reported by the media. They will have their fall guys/gals take the heat for their poor decision-making.

Well, we have no AD. We have no head coach. We owe insane amounts of moving to the previous at each position listed above. We are about to hire a guy that plays less defense than our current defense.

Label it what you like. At least offense may be fun to watch.

See previous thread:

#knowyourrole
You and a few others... I bought his friends tweeting this he dream job because what he must of told them. He is a snake oil salesmen, "Hire me, I will make all your dreams come true because they are mine as well"..is what he probably eluded too and I am paraphrasing of course because of all the ass kissing and slurping going on from the BOTs.

Now, get the money people back to the sidelines and leave coach searches to the message board professionals .

#knowyourrole

FIFY

Reactions: HendrixHog
I don’t think it’s a fiasco at all. They made a run at their top option and he didn’t choose us. Since when has Arkansas ever gotten our top option when it comes to coaching searches?

Quit saying “our” top option. It was the PTB’s top option. In case you haven’t been reading the Board, there’s a large number of Hog fans that never wanted him to be offered in the first place.

Quit saying “our” top option. It was the PTB’s top option. In case you haven’t been reading the Board, there’s a large number of Hog fans that never wanted him to be offered in the first place.

Which would make him our top option.

See previous thread:

#knowyourrole
200.gif

Reactions: HendrixHog

See previous thread:

#knowyourrole
Some of the people involved "in this fiasco" are the life's blood of the program and until the rest of us can be counted on for millions in annual donations they aren't going anywhere.

Long was arguably the most admired AD in the country. He went toe-to-toe with these folks and found himself on the outside looking in. Till the time comes we can pay coaches and do stadium expansions with atta-boys and admiration, the big time donors are going nowhere.

Ahhhhh yes. The Gus lovers bringing the hate.

Told you so, suckers.

I’m not a Gus lover. Could not care less about him. But nothing about putting a package together for him, which he declines, so now we move on is a shit show. I don’t understand that logic. Most rational people could understand why we would pursue him.

Some of the people involved "in this fiasco" are the life's blood of the program and until the rest of us can be counted on for millions in annual donations they aren't going anywhere.

Long was arguably the most admired AD in the country. He went toe-to-toe with these folks and found himself on the outside looking in. Till the time comes we can pay coaches and do stadium expansions with atta-boys and admiration, the big time donors are going nowhere.
True.

But let's also be honest that they Fired Long because they thought they could do his job better than he could. Then they found out they were wrong and wasted two weeks in the process.

Ahhhhh yes. The Gus lovers bringing the hate.

Told you so, suckers.

Whatever Cloud Tie. Your knowledge is equal to your selection of neckwear.

For the 451st time now, the search is not a shit show, and the powers that be haven't screwed anything up. They had a list of candidates, albeit with some dissension as to who was 2nd and who was 3rd. Whichever one of those guys they chose will definitely accept the job. The search will have lasted 8-10 days at the most, and we will end up with a much better coach than the one we just fired (even if it's Morris).

Florida ended up with a good coach, but he was no better than their 3rd choice.

A&M got a good coach...well done Aggies.

Ole Miss promoted their interim.

Tennessee just got turned down by General Neyland's skeletal remains.

Miss State hired a coordinator who has never coached in the south.

Meanwhile we are going to hire a highly-regarded up and comer with ties to our primary recruiting area no matter which one of our next two candidates we end up choosing.

Reactions: mk56
True.

But let's also be honest that they Fired Long because they thought they could do his job better than he could. Then they found out they were wrong and wasted two weeks in the process.
They fired Jeff cause he wouldn't commit to firing Bret and didn't agree to let them have input on the next candidate in exchange for their monetary help.

What happens when you let both coaches in the 2 major sports get year after year to rebuild with meager results. Long isn't blameless in all of this. Folks flipping the bill felt same as many of our board (as long as the money kept coming in and kids were going to class, he was cool with it).

Whatever Cloud Tie. Your knowledge is equal to your selection of neckwear.

For the 451st time now, the search is not a shit show, and the powers that be haven't screwed anything up. They had a list of candidates, albeit with some dissension as to who was 2nd and who was 3rd. Whichever one of those guys they chose will definitely accept the job. The search will have lasted 8-10 days at the most, and we will end up with a much better coach than the one we just fired (even if it's Morris).

Florida ended up with a good coach, but he was no better than their 3rd choice.

A&M got a good coach...well done Aggies.

Ole Miss promoted their interim.

Tennessee just got turned down by General Neyland's skeletal remains.

Miss State hired a coordinator who has never coached in the south.

Meanwhile we are going to hire a highly-regarded up and comer with ties to our primary recruiting area no matter which one of our next two candidates we end up choosing.
#butthurt

They fired Jeff cause he wouldn't commit to firing Bret and didn't agree to let them have input on the next candidate in exchange for their monetary help.

What happens when you let both coaches in the 2 major sports get year after year to rebuild with meager results. Long isn't blameless in all of this. Folks flipping the bill felt same as many of our board (as long as the money kept coming in and kids were going to class, he was cool with it).

Not sure we are disagreeing.

Reactions: lsmhog
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT