ADVERTISEMENT

***Basketball Glory Days***

hogwildinPA

Letterman
Sep 10, 2001
I had a few extra minutes to myself at work today and decided to take a look at our national championship roster. I wanted to see what our talent looked like back then and see how that compares to our roster this season. Keep in mind this is just for fun and my intentions are not to further criticize Mike Anderson.

I took a look at the roster from our championship season and here is a list of the top 11 players and their minutes per game from that season.
  1. Corliss Williamson - 29.1
  2. Scotty Thurman - 29
  3. Corey Beck - 25.8
  4. Clint McDaniel - 21.6
  5. Dwight Stewart - 21.3
  6. Roger Crawford - 17.9
  7. Darnell Robinson - 17.7
  8. Alex Dillard - 12.4
  9. Davor Rimac - 11.9
  10. Ray Biggers - 9.9
  11. Lee Wilson - 9.6
Now you take our best players from this year's roster - Barford, Macon, Hannahs, Kingsley (cough). Where would they slot in on that roster?

In my opinion, I dont think any of this year's guards would be in the top 8 in minutes per game. I think it could be argued one way or another that our guards from this years team could steal some of Dillard's minutes - so that places them at 8/9 in the rotation at best in my eyes. IMO Kingsley would get Wilson's minutes from that year and maybe about 5 other minutes from others.

Again, I know it's hard to compare 2017 vs 1994 but this shows how far away we are from being a final four team IMO. I bet if we did the same exercise from 1990-1995 we would see similar outcomes. It is so easy to see the talent discrepancy today between Arkansas and other the top teams.

Reactions: seawolf93
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News