ADVERTISEMENT

Boy, 16, shot, 'critically wounded' by Arkansas officer

I'm beginning to dislike cops myself.
I can't believe anyone would do that job. It's kind of like complaining that the kid in the drive thru sucks at making a burger. That's the quality of applicants you get for that payscale

Yeah I mean if cops murdered another kid I hope it isn't negatively reflected in the media. The kid died btw. This stuff has to stop.

Did you watch the video? We'll have to see what the final investigation reveals, but the kid was said to be armed with a gun and asked for several minutes to put the gun away, didn't and things escalated to him getting shot. Whether a person is 16 or 60, police officers can't be expected to roll the dice on their lives in hopes an armed citizen opts to do the right thing.

I'm not a gun control crazy, but I do think if there were harsher consequences for gun owners being accountable for where their guns are at all times, we may see less of this.

I respect the good ones and hate the bad ones. It's a tough job and a lot of cops have no business having access to a firearm.
Agree, also could be said for the common citizen. Doesn't change my stance on the right to own guns though, only makes me feel like I need more of them

Reactions: jriley1313
Its a tough job for sure and after what happened to the cop down here in Dardanelle its easy to see why things happen. If you have ever ran into an ego inflated cop I can see a dislike for them. Just a tough job and really no solution to things like this. You have unqualified young people in authority that are not qualified to make life or death situations that are having to do it. This is what you get.

Edit and yes if the 16 year old had a gun and had ample time to dis arm himself than it should be a justified type deal. He was probably headed back to the facility to use the gun on someone. I couldn't tell anything from video.

Did you watch the video? We'll have to see what the final investigation reveals, but the kid was said to be armed with a gun and asked for several minutes to put the gun away, didn't and things escalated to him getting shot. Whether a person is 16 or 60, police officers can't be expected to roll the dice on their lives in hopes an armed citizen opts to do the right thing.

I'm not a gun control crazy, but I do think if there were harsher consequences for gun owners being accountable for where their guns are at all times, we may see less of this.
If he was armed and was asked numerous times to put it away that's different. Didn't seem to have any info available in that article and the video didn't show anything so I assumed the worst.

The kid was armed and refused to disarm when instructed to do so. I have two very good friends that work in that building. I am glad something was done before the delinquent with a gun could hurt innocent people.

Reactions: wps88 2.0
If he was armed and was asked numerous times to put it away that's different. Didn't seem to have any info available in that article and the video didn't show anything so I assumed the worst.

We won't know all the details until they all come out, but I was just saying the reporter in the video said he was said to be armed and the police worked with him for several minutes to disarm himself.

The fact the kid was so young and not wise enough to understand the gravity of the situation he put himself in is what makes the story so sad. I'm sure it's one of the last dilemmas a cop wants to face.

Criminals don't care about laws

If he didn't have a gun we get shot! If he did have a gun and they asked him to drop it, then he'll get shot for reaching for the gun. It's a no win when dealing with the modern day klan. Gun or no gun, he'll say he was scared for his life and get off. Even if he shoots us in the back while we're running away. NWA was right about cops.

If he didn't have a gun we get shot! If he did have a gun and they asked him to drop it, then he'll get shot for reaching for the gun. It's a no win when dealing with the modern day klan. Gun or no gun, he'll say he was scared for his life and get off. Even if he shoots us in the back while we're running away. NWA was right about cops.

Take that sh!t somewhere else bro

This is proven to be false on a regular basis in this country.

You also shouldn't put yourself in a situation where you could potentially get shot by police. If you can do that and follow directions, then you'll be just fine.

You also shouldn't put yourself in a situation where you could potentially get shot by police. If you can do that and follow directions, then you'll be just fine.

There are a ton of examples that would prove this false as well.

Whites in potential hostile policing situations are shot at virtually the same percentage as blacks in the same scenario. Do you know that? Cops arent perfect but it seems they are equally flawed when put in that position.

Reactions: minnesotahog
Take that shit somewhere else bro
take ur shit somewhere else bro. I've been jailed for being black. Fortunately not shot but jailed. The phony charges were dropped at first appearance. Go figure

Whites in potential hostile policing situations are shot at virtually the same percentage as blacks in the same scenario. Do you know that? Cops arent perfect but it seems they are equally flawed when put in that position.
link? I don't see white 16yr old kids getting shot on the news. Or a white guy getting shot in the back. Only when this white lady gets shot in minny will things change. That police chief wasn't forced to resign until a white person got killed. And the cop was black so now I expect changes. and the cop will probably be found guilty unlike in other situations when the ethnicity were reversed.

Reactions: WMFC
take ur shit somewhere else bro. I've been jailed for being black. Fortunately not shot but jailed. The phony charges were dropped at first appearance. Go figure

link? I don't see white 16yr old kids getting shot on the news. Or a white guy getting shot in the back. Only when this white lady gets shot in minny will things change. That police chief wasn't forced to resign until a white person got killed. And the cop was black so now I expect changes. and the cop will probably be found guilty unlike in other situations when the ethnicity were reversed.

There's a time and place for everything...this isn't it. As you can see, soon after your post we were in the Grim Bottom.

You rarely see the real data anywhere on the news. That's why you only see black men beingg killed by cops on the new when twice as many whites are killed by cops every year. And this is not a debatable statistic.

http://www.dailywire.com/news/7264/5-statistics-you-need-know-about-cops-killing-aaron-bandler

Here the Washington Post so you don't down play the sources to deny the figures

"Blacks commit homicide at nearly eight times the rate of whites and Hispanics combined. Black males between the ages of 14 and 17 commit gun homicide at nearly 10 times the rate of white and Hispanic male teens combined. Should police stops, arrests and those rare police shootings nevertheless mirror population ratios, rather than crime ratios? "

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wa...racy/wp/2016/07/18/police-shootings-and-race/

At only 13% of the populations Black tee s commit homicide at 10 times the rate as white and Hispanic teens combined. Golly gee wilikers, I wonder why cops give black kids a hard time. And let's not forget that proportionally black cops are more likely by% to shoot a black person than white cops are. Those damed facts keep getting in the way of the dems plantation mentality. Race race race... Vote Dem and they will help you by having the highest black incarceration rates in the nation. Just look at dem ran cities like Chicago, Atlanta, DC, NY, LA, Stl, Memphis, LR..... etc etc etc.

Here the Washington Post so you don't down play the sources to deny the figures

"Blacks commit homicide at nearly eight times the rate of whites and Hispanics combined. Black males between the ages of 14 and 17 commit gun homicide at nearly 10 times the rate of white and Hispanic male teens combined. Should police stops, arrests and those rare police shootings nevertheless mirror population ratios, rather than crime ratios? "

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wa...racy/wp/2016/07/18/police-shootings-and-race/

At only 13% of the populations Black tee s commit homicide at 10 times the rate as white and Hispanic teens combined. Golly gee wilikers, I wonder why cops give black kids a hard time. And let's not forget that proportionally black cops are more likely by% to shoot a black person than white cops are. Those damed facts keep getting in the way of the dems plantation mentality. Race race race... Vote Dem and they will help you by having the highest black incarceration rates in the nation. Just look at dem ran cities like Chicago, Atlanta, DC, NY, LA, Stl, Memphis, LR..... etc etc etc.
all those stastics doesn't mean that a cop should shoot a 12 yr old kid with a air gun. Or I go to jail for something the damn judge called unconstitutional (loitering.) Like I said, this doesn't happen to white kids. Bottom line is we're seen as a threat to the white male. Whether posters admit it or not. If I knew then what I know now I would have sued them for violating my civil rights.

Everything else u stated about politics I agree with. The system was designed to take away our fathers so now u have gangs and young mothers raising boys. Well that's a recipe for disaster.

Last edited:
There's a time and place for everything...this isn't it. As you can see, soon after your post we were in the Grim Bottom.
Threads like this only end up on the bottom when a black guy gives the black male perspective. If it was only white posters, it would have stayed on top.

all those stastics doesn't mean that a cop should shoot a 12 yr old kid with a air gun. Or I go to jail for something the damn judge called unconstitutional (loitering.) Like I said, this doesn't happen to white kids. Bottom line is we're seen as a threat to the white male. Whether posters admit it or not. If I knew then what I know now I would have sued them for violating my civil rights.

Everything else u stated about politics I agree with. The system was designed to take away our fathers so now u have gangs and young mothers raising boys. Well that's a recipe for disaster.
No one condones the bad cops. And they do exist. You alluded to the reality of the statistics. As well as the brokenness of black families/homes on a much higher level than the rest of the nation. So why is the media at war with policing agencies when the real solution is 2 parent homes and honestly a culture shift away from gang mentality, victimhood, and condoning illegal behavior as a means to financial stability. Those are all excuses to commit crime and furthers what you said about the system being set up to take away fathers. Well, condoning the cultural building blocks that lead to criminal behavior is just as guilty IMO.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT