ermackey

Starter
Nov 7, 2009
Juneau, AK
www.jodyhighroller.com
Why should you care?

1. There are US Military bases there.
  2. They are a member of NATO.
  3. While under USA custody and control, there are nuclear warheads in Turkey.
  4. Turkey borders Syria and has an authoritarian mostly secular government. Is coup pro-Islamist or is it pro-democratic?
People in the know realize this is a huge issue for the region as Turkey has serious impacts on US-Russia, US-Israel, and US-Middle Eastern foreign relations and policy.

Historically the military steps in when government gets too radical. I'm not completely up on this situation but it appears the current leader, Erodan, has been rumored to support ISIS in the past. Some think he's been trying to turn Turkey into an Islamic dictatorship. Spoke to a friend who is Turkish and he said it would probably be better if military is successful in this coup. Still trying to decipher if this is a good thing for the West, and I think it is.

We need this thing to be over very quickly for many reasons. Not sure why this should go to this forum so quickly. This is a matter of concern to every American, politics be damned. I realize The Edge is a sports forum but damn, sometimes there are issues that should be discussed in many fora, across the spectrum. Oh well.

Last edited:
We need this thing to be over very quickly for many reasons. Not sure why this should go to this forum so quickly. This is a matter of concern to every American, politics be damned. I realize The Edge is a sports forum but damn, sometimes there are issues that should be discussed in many fora, across the spectrum. Oh well.

There is at least one mod that has a hard-on for me and moves many of my posts while leaving others that are OT and much more controversial. You should repost this on the main forum with a link back here. That will probably stick around a while.

There is at least one mod that has a hard-on for me and moves many of my posts while leaving others that are OT and much more controversial. You should repost this on the main forum with a link back here. That will probably stick around a while.
The Pokeyman thing must be more relevant I guess to the crowd. Mackey, you know I don't often agree with you but on this one I do...we should all be concerned about this stuff. We have Americans at risk in that country right now. State has said for all Americans to "shelter in place"...

Reactions: ermackey
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT