ADVERTISEMENT

Cam Newton

If "did everything" includes Lendale White's 1302yds rushing that season, then yes Reggie was a one man show. BTW, White lead the team in TD's too with 26, which was 8 more than Bush had. Bush had approximately 2200yds (1750 rushing/450 receiving approximately) total from line of scrimmage. White approximately 1500yds (1300/200) from line of scrimmage. Not to mention Leinert and the USC passing game.

VY had 1050 rushing and 12 TD's, to go along with 3,036yds passing and 26 more TD's. He was the focal point of their offense, everything went through him.
So in your mind Bush's stats are LESS impressive BECAUSE he shared touches with a 1300 yard back with 26 TDs? Hell Dmac and Felix never did that

Explain my "biased hatred"?? I've said a few times, that I don't hate the guy, and I think he is one of the best players in the game today, hands down. So please, explain how I feel and what I think... I'm just not to interested in debating with Minny for the next 3 hrs.
All I said was, He has alot to learn about being a professional. That can be said about 70% of the guys that have been in the NFL for less than 5 years... Biased hatred?? Really?
We heard you say he needs to be more professional. What we didn't hear is what that means to you and how he can become more professional. I don't think you even know, or that it has something to do with him being a confident cocky black dude. Hard to be sure

Reactions: minnesotahog
In other words you're a coward? I say what I want, when I want, even if no one agrees or understands. And I'm not closed minded, I'm opinionated. There's a difference. And Cam Is where he is today because he has a father. A lot of us didn't. Imo you're a hatin @$$ coward. People like you will always find something wrong. Even if there isn't anything to find. Then you hide behind your keyboard.

Ryan Mallett could learn how to be a professional from Cam.
Last line is on point. If Mallett was as professional as cam he would be great

Ryan Mallett and Cam could both learn something from Russell Wilson, about being a professional. That kid is a full fledged pro, on and off the field.
A BUNCH of younger guys in the NFL need to learn how to be professionals, and it ain't got a damn thing with doing this and that in your community. That's all good and great, but it don't make you a pro either.
This is exactly the reason that I ain't trying to have a discussion with you. Look at all that shvt you just said, simply because I said the kid has alot to learn about being a pro... And don't even talk to me about not having a father around, bud. Cam got to where he is, because of HIM and what HE has accomplished. His daddy is a no good POS for trying to profit off of son
Bro I'm just dying to know what you mean by professional. Because I used to agree, but cam is a very changed man and the things I used to not like about him no longer apply. I think I am perfectly capable of understanding what you mean if you will explain it

He played them in the Colosseum in that bowl game. But yeah, anyone could of went in there and beat Leinert, White, Bush, etc...
You act like he was scoring on white and bush. He was playing against a suspect defense that was not ranked in the top 50 of any statistical category. Use your brain

I didn't explain it, and I'm definitely not gonna get into it with you, because you would never understand. You'll get it one day, when you finish puberty...
You've had no problem continuously explaining lots of other things in this thread and getting into it with him about other stuff. Not sure why the whole point of your criticism is something you just can't bring yourself to discuss

Lots going on in this thread. Here goes:

@Treeclimber2 if you won't explain cams lack of professionalism to wife beater, will you explain it to me? I feel like his professionalism is one of his strongest assets.

Vince Young is one of my favorite college players of all time. That championship game is my favorite non-Hog game of all time, and he was an absolute Hero. With that said, Bush is an all-time RB and the numbers back that up. He was completely out of control. I do prefer Vince in college to Cam, just a historical gamer who willed his team to that championship, but Cam had grown into such a great player and person. So in college give me Vince, but you'll be hard pressed to find a bigger cam fan than me now that he's a couple years out of auburn.

Explain my "biased hatred"?? I've said a few times, that I don't hate the guy, and I think he is one of the best players in the game today, hands down. So please, explain how I feel and what I think... I'm just not to interested in debating with Minny for the next 3 hrs.
All I said was, He has alot to learn about being a professional. That can be said about 70% of the guys that have been in the NFL for less than 5 years... Biased hatred?? Really?
If we have to explain your biased hatred, you'll never understand

And I actually mean that

You're clueless. All about matchups on any given play. You want your 235 pound bruiser in on goal line. Not your scat back
Disagree with that premise about the bruiser completely, and calling bush a scat back is silly, though I also don't see how having lendale in on the goal line takes anything away from bush. If you don't think bush is an all-time great RB then you are biased against him. There isn't anything else to that.

Bro I'm just dying to know what you mean by professional. Because I used to agree, but cam is a very changed man and the things I used to not like about him no longer apply. I think I am perfectly capable of understanding what you mean if you will explain it
Watch Russell Wilson interact with his own team AND the opposing team... Professional in every sense of the word. I can name a few younger players that know how it's done.

Disagree with that premise about the bruiser completely, and calling bush a scat back is silly, though I also don't see how having lendale in on the goal line takes anything away from bush. If you don't think bush is an all-time great RB then you are biased against him. There isn't anything else to that.
Watch Russell Wilson interact with his own team AND the opposing team... Professional in every sense of the word. I can name a few younger players that know how it's done.
I mean Russell Wilson is a great dude. No doubt. He is calm and collected and not as emotional as cam. He is respectful of the other team

Cam does all that too. He pumps up his teammate's and doesn't hop in the other team's face. He does his dance but I couldn't care less about that.

I used to hate cam too, but I'm open minded and objective enough to recognize personal growth when I see it. You better be thankful people aren't holding your 21 year old reputation against you for the rest of your life. I know I am

I assume you think it has something to do with the color of his skin?? Not even close man.
Okay that's good. I mean I don't care to list everything that you DONT mean by that. Would just be easier with some specifics. Is it Russell wilson's espoused Christianity? cause cam thanks god too. Is it Wilson saving himself for marriage?

Btw I thought it was hilarious when Carolina trolled Wilson by playing all Future music during warm ups

For those that don't know why, it's because wilson's girlfriend has a baby with Future, and cam is a big Future fan and has taken pics with him before games. Just a hilarious troll

Btw I thought it was hilarious when Carolina trolled Wilson by playing all Future music during warm ups

For those that don't know why, it's because wilson's girlfriend has a baby with Future, and cam is a big Future fan and has taken pics with him before games. Just a hilarious troll
That's a decent example.
I can name rookies that have more professionalism than Cam Newton. Ray Lewis was one of the most emotional, outspoken guys of this era, but he was a true pro. Respectful to all, but played his heart out for his team. Other than his entry dance, that guy never made it a point to draw attention to HIM. It was about the Baltimore Ravens, and that's it.
Amari Cooper is a rookie, and he's gonna be a damn good one. He goes about his business like he's been there for 10+ years. Derek Carr is the same way.
The examples are endless really
Dez Bryant has alot to learn about being a pro. AJ Green does not.
There's nothing wrong with being a fierce competitor that loves the game, but when it crosses the line of respect, it's unprofessional.
Trust me, Cam isn't the only one that had things to learn.

That's a decent example.
I can name rookies that have more professionalism than Cam Newton. Ray Lewis was one of the most emotional, outspoken guys of this era, but he was a true pro. Respectful to all, but played his heart out for his team. Other than his entry dance, that guy never made it a point to draw attention to HIM. It was about the Baltimore Ravens, and that's it.
Amari Cooper is a rookie, and he's gonna be a damn good one. He goes about his business like he's been there for 10+ years. Derek Carr is the same way.
There's nothing wrong with being a fierce competitor that loves the game, but when it crosses the line of respect, it's unprofessional.
Lol, Ray Lewis killed a guy man. Just stop. You're not going to win this one.

I would never expect either of you to grasp the idea of being respectful, and that's the sole reason that I'm not trying to have this conversation with either of you. I might as well try to chew through a concrete slab.

That's a decent example.
dude I completely disagree on ray lewis. I agree that he was a professional and grew into a great man, but I don't think he was those things until he grew up after entering the league. I love Ray Lewis because of his passion for the game and everything he does in life, but he says himself that until he went to prison, he was not a good person. He has said that prison changed him for the better and just woke him up and got him to act right, and then he BECAME a better man, and someone who I truly respect and admire. But the dude was accused of murder. I don't believe he did it, but it's not like he was squeaky clean either, and he TOTALLY drew tons of attention to himself with that entire dance (how is that not drawing attention to yourself?). He was PASSIONATE about the game, and was unashamed to show it. But I love him for that! He turned his life around and became a truly great person AND a first ballot hall of famer, and was an outspoken and passionate motivator of teammates and a relentless worker at his craft. Cam is on that very same path right now. I don't know how people can't see that.

I mean of all people if you like Ray Lewis I can't imagine why you don't like Cam for those reasons

I would never expect either of you to grasp the idea of being respectful, and that's the sole reason that I'm not trying to have this conversation with either of you. I might as well try to chew through a concrete slab.
I think you have a weird idea of what respect is. How does Cam disrespect people? I mean Cam isn't the guy who was playing Future over the loud speaker.

After the game yesterday, a reporter asked Cam immediately postgame if he was excited to play who they were playing in the SB and he said he actually didn't know who won yet. I love hearing that! That's what I want to hear from the leader of a team. He was 100% dialed into winning and dominating his game and wasn't concerned about the other. Then the reporter asked him if he wanted to beat Peyton Manning and he said He didn't want to make it personal but he wanted to win the SB.

I mean what do you want him to say and do? There were opportunities to say things potentially inflammatory or immature, but he stuck those questions with exactly what I would expect a professional to say

I dont. At all. You don't murder people and walk the streets a free man and earn my respect.
I mean but if he didn't murder someone, nervously didn't admit everything he knew to cover up for a dangerous guy that he knew he needed to get away from, but then did the time he was sentenced and turned his life around afterwards, does it not sort of help? I mean what else is our "Correctional" facility for if not to correct the bad habits and choices of the inmates who serve sentences there?

I also say all this believing that he didn't actually kill someone. My opinion would be different if he actually killed a guy. I mean not actually killing someone isn't as bad as actually killing someone (unless you put a hit on someone).

Last edited:
And just so I'm clear, what the hell does Ryan Mallett have to do with this conversation??

And just so I'm clear, what the hell does Ryan Mallett have to do with this conversation??
I mean this is about respect and professionalism, right? We're saying that if , for example, Mallett was as professional as Cam Newton, he would be great. Mallett would also be great if he was as professional as Russel Wilson. He has as much to do with this conversation as Russell Wilson does

I think you have a weird idea of what respect is. How does Cam disrespect people? I mean Cam isn't the guy who was playing Future over the loud speaker.

After the game yesterday, a reporter asked Cam immediately postgame if he was excited to play who they were playing in the SB and he said he actually didn't know who won yet. I love hearing that! That's what I want to hear from the leader of a team. He was 100% dialed into winning and dominating his game and wasn't concerned about the other. Then the reporter asked him if he wanted to beat Peyton Manning and he said He didn't want to make it personal but he wanted to win the SB.

I mean what do you want him to say and do? There were opportunities to say things potentially inflammatory or immature, but he stuck those questions with exactly what I would expect a professional to say
The coaches are the ones that limit the players access to television in those situations. I couldn't care less about what someone says. I watch what they do. Like I said, watch a guy like Russell Wilson and how he carries himself throughout the course of a game, then make an honest comparison...

I should've tagged minnesotahog, cause he was the one that brought up Ryan Mallett, and I know why he did it.

The coaches are the ones that limit the players access to television in those situations. I couldn't care less about what someone says. I watch what they do. Like I said, watch a guy like Russell Wilson and how he carries himself throughout the course of a game, then make an honest comparison...
I mean do they have to be the exact same kind of person to be professional? I agree they carry themselves differently. Just don't understand why there can't be more than one way to skin a cat in this regard.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT