ADVERTISEMENT

Can you believe this...

BOSSHOGFREE

Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Sep 22, 2005
Today marks 15 years of marriage to the most amazing woman I know. I was 21 and she was 19 when we said our vows. No one gave us a chance. Neither of us had a degree at the time, no money, and we moved 9 hours away from everyone and everything we knew to make our way in the world.

We worked hard at love, knowledge, and life. Failing miserably along the way..... TOGETHER. In 15 years neither of us have ever slept anywhere but in our bed together. Sure we fought but never longer than the next meal. We set the rules in place and thank God they have helped us so much.

After 5 years of marriage she gave me our son and then 3 years latter our daughter. Vickie quit her management job to raise our children to school age while going back to college to get her degree. I and our kids are so lucky to have a role model like her in our lives. She is writing her paper now to achieve a Master of Arts in Teaching WITH HONORS emphasis on History.
20140510_110942-1_zps98cd1273.jpg

We've traveled the world together. We've lived in great cities. Made memories to last a lifetime.... and we still have a lifetime of more memories to make. God blessed me with Vickie. We now live in a small town and attend a thriving church that inspires every member of our family. I would say that I am committed to another 15 years to come but that simply would never be enough. The fate of my soul rests in the hands of the Lord and is tied to Vickie and our children for eternity. I am not content in that but more motivated to be a better man than ever before.

PhotoGrid_1473946625580_zpsnvj3b04u.jpg

We don't have a song but I think of her when I play this. Our first home was in a small Tennessee town of Kimball. Just across the Alabama line a few miles from where this band made its start. It may not be a beautiful love song but damnit it's just us. I love ya babe!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News