ADVERTISEMENT

Charlie Strong's new pitch to recruits

Who gives TwoFvcks. Everyone wants to point fingers and whine about anything close to racism. Grow up people, it's 2016. Quit pointing fingers and just get over it! If Charlie wants to be racist I don't care, I'll live my life fine without him.

Well, since you replied, apparently you do. And for me, I don't want our coaches using race as a recruiting tool and I don't like it when others do it either. If ole Charlie wants to be a racist, he should be called out on it just like everybody else. It's called equality. Matter of fact, it would be more racist not to say anything.

So I point out our baseball situation and you bring up race reguarding a white kid just cause he has measurables??? I agree that baseball is expensive but let's be honest, black players don't need to play year around to be good.

I hope you're being facetious with that last statement.

I don't think he is calling for that, I think he is pointing out how wrong it is to use race as a tool for recruiting.

Today is MLK's birthday. As I get older I grow to realize more and more that one of the worst turning points in this country was the day he died. His vision of civil rights was one of fairness and true equality for all, and had he lived, that's where we were headed.

Sadly, race baiting opportunists like Jessie Jackson and Al Sharpton filled the void and made themselves rich off the backs off of the same people they profess to be helping, and all they have really done is keep them dependent and in poverty while making fortunes for themselves.
I wouldn't recruit like Charlie did, but when some whites suggest that he couldn't even coach at Texas cause he was black, and the rumors of him losing out on other opportunities cause his wife is white can have a impact on a man. Also I hate the Sharpton and Jackson types that make a living off of racial strife. You wouldn't believe how much I can't stand those people. I was just simply pointing out how white our baseball team is every year.

We're UMP when I need him!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He played at the UA

Last edited:
I hope you're being facetious with that last statement.
I dont know what facetious means but I'm serious. How many black baseball players actually only played baseball? I'll bet it's mainly the sons of baseball players like Barry bonds. I don't know one black baseball player from the hood that only played baseball. Lol ok disclaimer, there wasn't any black baseball players in my hood lol. But Deion, Bo, Tori, Frank Thomas, those guys played more than baseball. I'm not talking about guys from the Caribbean. I'm talking about guys from the south.

all we can point to 1 is one guy? LSU will have several black kids playing at one time. And I don't think it's no coincidence that they always kick our a$$.

Always kick our @$$???

Over the last 10 years they have only made the CWS 1 more time than us. We are pretty even with them in W-L in head to head matchups over this time as well if im not mistaken...

Bigger picture of this debate is that DVH uses alot more of his scholarships on pitching instead of focusing on bats and out fielders like LSU does and more times than not the black kids play positions other than pitcher... Nothing to do with color it just comes down to which positions you value and recuit more to fit your style thats why we have so many pitchers in the majors now and few position players...

Reactions: minnesotahog
I wouldn't recruit like Charlie did, but when some whites suggest that he couldn't even coach at Texas cause he was black, and the rumors of him losing out on other opportunities cause his wife is white can have a impact on a man. Also I hate the Sharpton and Jackson types that make a living off of racial strife. You wouldn't believe how much I can't stand those people. I was just simply pointing out how white our baseball team is every year.

We're UMP when I need him!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He played at the UA

I understand what some said when he was hired at UT. The inference was that it is a place ran by white, elite, bluebloods that think they are superior to blacks and common whites. If you see what UT has done to the Big 12 due to their self professed superiority, it isn't much of a stretch to figure they would look down on Charlie. Heck, they would look down on me too, if they ever acknowledged my existence to begin with.

Can we chill with the racial theme? Take it off thread to a private message please if you want to continue...thank you and GHG!!!
well it is a thread about how racist Charlie is...

I didn't bring up race and baseball, you did. I was pointing out that the way youth baseball is these days, even pouring your whole life, your family, and all of your extra money into it doesn't get you offers sometimes. Baseball has what, 11 scholarships to divide up among the whole roster? That makes it very difficult for poor kids of any race to play college baseball and is why so many kids that do play well enough opt for minor league ball and bonus checks. That doesn't make DVH a racist no matter how bad you want it to.
dude stop being a drama queen. I've never said DVH is a damn racist. There you go being overly dramatic. I said we I wish we would recruit more black players to compete with LSU, Florida and SC. Nothing more, nothing less. Stop trying to paint my complaint as a civil rights issue when it's a competition issue. Geez!!

dude stop being a drama queen. I've never said DVH is a damn racist. There you go being overly dramatic. I said we I wish we would recruit more black players to compete with LSU, Florida and SC. Nothing more, nothing less. Stop trying to paint my complaint as a civil rights issue when it's a competition issue. Geez!!

Screw you. I don't need or want your permission to state my thoughts. You don't like my take? I don't give a damn.

Always kick our @$$???

Over the last 10 years they have only made the CWS 1 more time than us. We are pretty even with them in W-L in head to head matchups over this time as well if im not mistaken...

Bigger picture of this debate is that DVH uses alot more of his scholarships on pitching instead of focusing on bats and out fielders like LSU does and more times than not the black kids play positions other than pitcher... Nothing to do with color it just comes down to which positions you value and recuit more to fit your style thats why we have so many pitchers in the majors now and few position players...
I get what you're saying, I just wish we could have some black outfielders and infielders. I dont think that makes me racist for suggesting it or DVH racist for not doing it.
And if we're even in W-L vs them then I'm socked!

Reactions: chicks1244

I get it...

Screw you. I don't need or want your permission to state my thoughts. You don't like my take? I don't give a damn.
When you make the assertion that I think DVH is racist then I'm going to call you out on it. Supply evidence or don't make those assertions. You're talking my character, not your thoughts!

I get what you're saying, I just wish we could have some black outfielders and infielders. I dont think that makes me racist for suggesting it or DVH racist for not doing it.
And if we're even in W-L vs them then I'm socked!

Later today i will look up the win loss record and see what it looks like. But i get what your saying but we usually have 1-2 black outfielders on the team there just not the same talent as the ones starting for LSU simply bc they give bigger scholarships to outfielders than us so we dont win that recruiting battle most times... I dont disagree with you though, i would love to have a Jason Heyward type in our outfield on a regular basis...

Later today i will look up the win loss record and see what it looks like. But i get what your saying but we usually have 1-2 black outfielders on the team there just not the same talent as the ones starting for LSU simply bc they give bigger scholarships to outfielders than us so we dont win that recruiting battle most times... I dont disagree with you though, i would love to have a Jason Heyward type in our outfield on a regular basis...
what does this mean?

And I liked the way you handled this conversation. Very adult like.

When you make the assertion that I think DVH is racist then I'm going to call you out on it. Supply evidence or don't make those assertions. You're talking my character, not your thoughts!

You brought DVH and the lack of black kids on the baseball team into a discussion regarding Charlie using race as a recruiting tool. If you wanted to discuss the lack of black kids on the baseball team w/o implying that DVH is the culprit, you should have started a different thread and taken a different tone. And you call me a drama queen. I could be no better than runner up if you were in the contest for the title.

You brought DVH and the lack of black kids on the baseball team into a discussion regarding Charlie using race as a recruiting tool. If you wanted to discuss the lack of black kids on the baseball team w/o implying that DVH is the culprit, you should have started a different thread and taken a different tone. And you call me a drama queen. I could be no better than runner up if you were in the contest for the title.
Ok again, does me bringing up our lack of black players = DVH racist??? Even after I said I don't think it's about racism??? I've noticed the only people that talk about tone are the ones that go on personal attack.

Yes, you are a drama queen. Own it or show a post where I called DVH racist? I'm here all day.

what does this mean?

And I liked the way you handled this conversation. Very adult like.

Baseball very VERY (as in i have never heard of) rarely give full scholarships. You will give a higher percentage of a scholarship to your guys you want to land the most. So in this case we give bigger % of scholarship to pitchers and less to position players and LSU does the opposite. Its just about whether you wanna play small ball and gear towards pitching or outscore people...

Ok again, does me bringing up our lack of black players = DVH racist??? Even after I said I don't think it's about racism??? I've noticed the only people that talk about tone are the ones that go on personal attack.

Yes, you are a drama queen. Own it or show a post where I called DVH racist? I'm here all day.

You said, " I don't see DVH knocking down the doers(assume you meant doors) of black players like LSU and Florida do". On what freaking planet is that not implying that DVH doesn't recruit black kids b/c of an agenda? If that's not what you meant, by all means clarify why you threw that into a thread about Charlie using the race card as a recruiting tool? If that isn't what you meant, you need to work on your communication skills. A lot.

A moron thinks I'm a drama queen? So what.

Well, since you replied, apparently you do. And for me, I don't want our coaches using race as a recruiting tool and I don't like it when others do it either. If ole Charlie wants to be a racist, he should be called out on it just like everybody else. It's called equality. Matter of fact, it would be more racist not to say anything.
Racism is here because people won't let it die. What Charlie said really isn't racist, but according to everyone that wants it to be will begin calling him out on it. More African Americans come from poverty compared to Caucasians, this isn't racist, just fact. Charlie is trying to tell these kids that he's been there and can relate and that is why he structured his staff this way. To me that's not racist, that's a business decision made by a guy that believes it'll help him. If a Caucasian coach said something similar he would be called a racist even though to me it's not.

With all said I don't agree with Charlie on his decision because a good coach comes in many different colors. I would hire the best man for the job rather than hire a black man to maintain blacks as 80% of my coaching group. JMO

You said, " I don't see DVH knocking down the doers(assume you meant doors) of black players like LSU and Florida do". On what freaking planet is that not implying that DVH doesn't recruit black kids b/c of an agenda? If that's not what you meant, by all means clarify why you threw that into a thread about Charlie using the race card as a recruiting tool? If that isn't what you meant, you need to work on your communication skills. A lot.

A moron thinks I'm a drama queen? So what.
So all you have is assumptions? Can't find a post where I said he's racist? If you can do that then I can assume you're a drama queen. I actually don't know why he doesn't, but I'm not going to assume (like you're doing) that's there's racism behind it. I'm actually buying what chicks is selling that's it's about fit. Unlike you, I don't assume the worst about people.

@minnesotahog you were right it was a little bigger gap than i thought it would be. LSU leads the series over the last 10 years 19-13 including SEC Tournament games. But still not a @$$ kicking IMO...

@minnesotahog you were right it was a little bigger gap than i thought it would be. LSU leads the series over the last 10 years 19-13 including SEC Tournament games. But still not a @$$ kicking IMO...
I feel a little bit better cause I assumed it was a bigger gap than that. Thanks for taking the time to look it up. Still a a$$ kicking In my book though :)

And guess I do follow baseball a little...

Reactions: chicks1244
Racism is here because people won't let it die. What Charlie said really isn't racist, but according to everyone that wants it to be will begin calling him out on it. More African Americans come from poverty compared to Caucasians, this isn't racist, just fact. Charlie is trying to tell these kids that he's been there and can relate and that is why he structured his staff this way. To me that's not racist, that's a business decision made by a guy that believes it'll help him. If a Caucasian coach said something similar he would be called a racist even though to me it's not.

With all said I don't agree with Charlie on his decision because a good coach comes in many different colors. I would hire the best man for the job rather than hire a black man to maintain blacks as 80% of my coaching group. JMO

I grew up in rural Arkansas and poverty was alive and well amongst the mostly white community I lived in and all of the surrounding communities too. Poor is not a race thing, it is a money thing. Nearly 50% of this country is now on some sort of government assistance and I know that most of them cannot be black.

I agree that racism is still here b/c folks won't let it die. The difference is, it is no longer groups like the KKK keeping it alive, as they were beaten into submission long ago and relegated to the backwoods where they belong. Now, it is perpetual victim mongers that fan the flames and encourage division based on race. This faction wants division and wants special considerations based on race. Jackson and Sharpton have amassed huge fortunes off of it. Sadly, there are inner cities all over this country where black folks have been addicted to government freebees for generations. The very people that pretend to be helping them have convinced them that there is nothing else for them but to be dependent on the ruling class for the rest of their lives. And living in perpetual poverty is the result of that.

These days, that faction is teaching young white people to milk the government too, which is why so many folks are now in the welfare system. Bipolar? You can't work. PTSD? It's not just for veterans anymore. If you didn't have a squeaky clean and affluent childhood, you have been too traumatized to work. You need government freebees. It' s not a race thing, it's a ruling class thing. A lot of people, white and black, have made fortunes by keeping the poor dependent on them for handouts. It isn't race, it just started with blacks back in the 60's. It is about addicted people voting to stay addicted and the folks that profit from them encouraging them that it's not fair and they will fix it for them. In truth, they don't want it fixed, it's where they get their power.

What Strong is doing is pathetic and would be just as pathetic if he were white. That's all I was trying to say.

So all you have is assumptions? Can't find a post where I said he's racist? If you can do that then I can assume you're a drama queen. I actually don't know why he doesn't, but I'm not going to assume (like you're doing) that's there's racism behind it. I'm actually buying what chicks is selling that's it's about fit. Unlike you, I don't assume the worst about people.

So, nothing you say counts unless you come out and call DVH a racist? You get into a thread about a coach using the racecard as a recruiting tool and you throw DVH out there as a white coach who won't recruit black kids, and it is was an innocent thing that had nothing to do with race b/c you never came right out and called him a racist? BS. You said earlier I need to own my posts, and yet you certainly aren't owning yours. Come man, grab your nads and stand behind your takes. You talk big, back it up and stand by what you said. Moron.

So, nothing you say counts unless you come out and call DVH a racist? You get into a thread about a coach using the racecard as a recruiting tool and you throw DVH out there as a white coach who won't recruit black kids, and it is was an innocent thing that had nothing to do with race b/c you never came right out and called him a racist? BS. You said earlier I need to own my posts, and yet you certainly aren't owning yours. Come man, grab your nads and stand behind your takes. You talk big, back it up and stand by what you said. Moron.
I actually posted about this a long time ago. Didn't call him racist then and won't now. I'm sure you can find the thread. Refresh it. But if you makes you more pink in the face, he's racist! Feel better?

And if you keep calling me moron, I'm going to see if you'll meet somewhere to discuss this further. I'm in Osceola WI. Outside the twin cities.

I dont know what facetious means but I'm serious. How many black baseball players actually only played baseball? I'll bet it's mainly the sons of baseball players like Barry bonds. I don't know one black baseball player from the hood that only played baseball. Lol ok disclaimer, there wasn't any black baseball players in my hood lol. But Deion, Bo, Tori, Frank Thomas, those guys played more than baseball. I'm not talking about guys from the Caribbean. I'm talking about guys from the south.

And by percentages I guarantee you that there were just as many white players that were multi-sport athletes. Chipper Jones was the quarterback of his school's football team. Tom Glavine played hockey well enough to be drafted into the NHL. Adam Dunn and Joe Mauer were both four to five star quarterbacks who had scholarship offers to major schools. Those are a few I could come up with off the top of my head. This year-round commitment to one sport, whether it be through travel baseball or AAU basketball, is still a fairly recent phenomenon.

Facetious - not meant to be taken seriously or literally. Come on man - I know the El Dorado Public Schools did a better job than that of educating you! (you did go to school there, right?)

I actually posted about this a long time ago. Didn't call him racist then and won't now. I'm sure you can find the thread. Refresh it. But if you makes you more pink in the face, he's racist! Feel better?

And if you keep calling me moron, I'm going to see if you'll meet somewhere to discuss this further. I'm in Osceola WI. Outside the twin cities.

Yeah, I don't like being called a drama queen either so you can kiss my ass. You want to meet with me, come on down big boy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT