ADVERTISEMENT

Did Rashad Ky Madden come around to meet expectations?

Sir Dennis Eeatin-Hog

All-American
Apr 3, 2007
Remember, he came out of high school as a top 50 recruit nationally ... struggled his first two seasons as a role player off the bench ... then really flourished at times over the next two years to help lead the Hogs to 46 wins and counting. I'll break it down and you tell me ...

2014-15 ...

* 10.0 points per game ... one of only three Hogs in double figures this year
* 3.6 rebounds ... is 3rd on the team, too, and a career best
* 4.8 assists ... leads the team and good for 2nd best in the SEC, and a career best
* 2.1:1 assist-to-turnover ratio ... respectable, and by far a career best for a season's worth of work
* 39.1% 3-point-FG% leads all Hogs who have attempted at least one 3 per game, and is Top 15 in the SEC
* 86.7% FT% is 4th best in the SEC, and a career best
* Helped guide the Hogs to their best season since last century, including a return back to the national rankings and a coveted 6-or-better seed in the NCAAT

2013-14 ...

* 12.7 points per game led the Hogs
* 2.8 assists per game led the Hogs
* 40.0% 3-point FG% was a career best
* 45.5% overall FG% was best among the guards
* 82.1 FT% was tops on the team
* Helped guide the Hogs to their first 20-win season and post-season tournament in 6 years

Career ...

* Became the 36th Hog to score 1,000 career points as a Hog
* One of only 3 Hogs to score 1,000 points, grab 350 rebounds, and dish out 350 assists in a career as a Hog (along with Lee Mayberry and Ron Huery)
* The only native Arkansan to score 1,000 points, grab 350 rebounds, and dish out 350 assists in a career as a Hog
* Currently 30th in school history in career points with 1,070
* Currently 5th in school history in career assists with 356
* Was one of the key components in turning around a program on life support and making it into one of SEC and national relevance again.

For me, I think he has met expectations at this point -- in some ways exceeded them after what I saw his first two seasons here. He made a huge leap from sophomore to junior season, and I think he has improved even more this season. Depending on what kind of success he and the team have to finish out '14-'15, I think a valid case could be made that he is a Top 25-40 all-time Hog.

What do you think?

This post was edited on 3/8 1:23 PM by Sir Dennis Eeatin-Hog

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News