ADVERTISEMENT

Explosions at the Boston Marathon

Originally posted by Luke Matheson:
There are unconfirmed reports that a Saudi national has been detained.
That was from the NY Post. And shot down by the Boston PD.

The NY Post is basically a tabloid rag btw.

This post was edited on 4/15 4:56 PM by jdlee23

Originally posted by titanhawg:

Originally posted by ermackey:

Originally posted by mikedamone:

The Boston Globeþ
Trying to post this? Graphic
THIS?

My opinion is EVERYONE needs to back of on throwing out blame until the investigation leads to a suspect or suspects, or someone takes responsibility for this. It may be a terrorist. It may be a false flag. It may be a right wing extremist. It may be a Muslim. It may be a Christian. We don't know, and people should really quit trying to throw blame against the wall and hope it sticks.

It may be nothing, but there was a guy on the roof of a building almost right above one of the blast's.

604156_10151408666084150_1300350498_n.jpg

Originally posted by MemphisHogs:
There is a difference between muslims and terroists. Just like there is a difference between blacks and ni**ers, whites and white trash ect ect ect. just remember that. All people are different thoughout all races
Bye Bye

Luke, he said, "might[/B] be some other kind of right-wing extremists". That is different from pinning blame on them.

That being said, I expect that it is likely a domestic right-wing attack. The reason for this is due to the target being international in flavor, the recent assassinations in Texas and Colorado tied to right-wing groups, and rising threats and chatter we have seen since 2008. This is akin to the Centinal Park Olympic bombing in MO and setting.

That being said, too early to blame. Like I said earlier, somebody will take credit fairly soon and we will know. But an analyst saying the attack could be X is different than jumping to conclusions was/is X.

Originally posted by MemphisHogs:
There is a difference between muslims and terroists. Just like there is a difference between blacks and ni**ers, whites and white trash ect ect ect. just remember that. All people are different thoughout all races
Excellent point made very poorly. I am giving you the benefit of the doubt on this because your point seems well intended, but stay away from racial epitaphs in these discussions, even if you are trying to be positive.

It may be nothing, but there was a guy on the roof of a building almost right above one of the blast's.

I would guess that he is BPD. That is a great vision point and he is probably being caught on film looking for potential suspects or secondary attacks.

Nah, I thinks its more likely either a true terrorist attack or probably the Weather Underground reclaiming the good ole days...

Luke, he said, "might[/B] be some other kind of right-wing extremists". That is different from pinning blame on them.

That being said, I expect that it is likely a domestic right-wing attack. The reason for this is due to the target being international in flavor, the recent assassinations in Texas and Colorado tied to right-wing groups, and rising threats and chatter we have seen since 2008. This is akin to the Centinal Park Olympic bombing in MO and setting.

That being said, too early to blame. Like I said earlier, somebody will take credit fairly soon and we will know. But an analyst saying the attack could be X is different than jumping to conclusions was/is X.
Here is something to consider. While we do not know who is responsible for this bombing, the stuff that made up the bombs (ball bearings, shrapnel, etc) are EXACTLY what terrorists in Iraq and Afghanistan use. The signature of an IED is ball bearings. Anyone in the military who has served knows this. Now, this could be a situation where someone is a copy cat, but so far the signature of the bombs matches what Middle Eastern terrorists are using against our soldiers in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Originally posted by titanhawg:

The Boston Globeþ
Trying to post this? Graphic
http://www.salon.com/2013/04/15/alex_jones_labels_boston_explosion_a_false_flag/
No different than CNN guest speakers constantly stating it's either "Al Qaeda or a Right Wing group".
Actually, the notion that the US Government is responsible is very different. In fact, it is crazy on its face. The other is reasonable speculation. Not helpful, but reasonable speculation.

Here is something to consider. While we do not know who is responsible for this bombing, the stuff that made up the bombs (ball bearings, shrapnel, etc) are EXACTLY what terrorists in Iraq and Afghanistan use. The signature of an IED is ball bearings. Anyone in the military who has served knows this. Now, this could be a situation where someone is a copy cat, but so far the signature of the bombs matches what Middle Eastern terrorists are using against our soldiers in Iraq and Afghanistan.
Where are you getting this info, Luke?

From CNN, note the last bit:

-- Investigators are
classifying Monday's bombings in Boston as a terror event, but it is not
clear if domestic or foreign, a federal law enforcement official with
knowledge of the investigation said. The official said there was no
known threat in advance of the marathon. No one is in custody, the
source said. The two explosive devices were small packages and are not
believed at this time to have included C4 or other plastic explosives,
the source said.

-- Boston's fire chief
told other law enforcement authorities that they have found what they
believe is an unexploded explosive device, a government official tell
CNN's Joe Johns.

-- A federal law
enforcement source tells CNN's Chris Cuomo that experts are working to
dismantle another explosive device. The device is small and does not
appear to contain shrapnel,
but an explosion may generate shrapnel from
places where the explosion was put, the source said.

For those of you saying it could be a right wing extremist it could also be a left wing extremist trying to make it look like a right wing extremist. There are kooks on both sides.

It is also exactly what the Centennial Park Bomber and the Unabomber used. Eric Rudolph used these components in all of his abortion clinic bombs.

You use what you have access to. Screws, nails, and rocks are also often used.

Also, most IED's are not rooted in the Middle East. They are rooted in IRA techniques that they taught worldwide. We just happen to see them in the Middle East because the Irish taught the Palestinians and Algerians how to do this in the 1960's. They, in turn, taught others. Saying it is a "middle eastern" technique is over-generalizing. These techniques are well known and replicated all over the world.

Originally posted by jdlee23:

-- Investigators are
the source said.

-- Boston's fire chief
CNN's Joe Johns.

-- A federal law
An FBI bomb guy was on ABC news saying the signature from what was found at the scene matches IED's that have been set off in the Middle East.

Originally posted by Texashog0605:
For those of you saying it could be a right wing extremist it could also be a left wing extremist trying to make it look like a right wing extremist. There are kooks on both sides.
Exactly. I'm hoping and praying that it is not anyone of American decent. The bombing happened and someone is responsible. I'd much rather it be a Middle Eastern extremist than anyone with American blood in their body.

Originally posted by jdlee23:

-- Investigators are
the source said.

-- Boston's fire chief
CNN's Joe Johns.

-- A federal law
An FBI bomb guy was on ABC news saying the signature from what was found at the scene matches IED's that have been set off in the Middle East.
Gotcha. Lots of conflicting info. Typical.

Originally posted by Texashog0605:
While it could be a left-wing terror group, it is unlikely. First, can you name a significant left-leaning mass bombing in the last 30 years, or related chatter and threats? Sure, some nuts in Oregon put spikes in trees, but bombing has not been a left-wing tactic since the 1970's and was rare even then. You really have to go to the 1910's to find left-leaning american bombers. Second, their target would likely be environmental or capitalist. This does not align with either, but you are right that it is "possible".

I would guess that he is BPD. That is a great vision point and he is probably being caught on film looking for potential suspects or secondary attacks.
similar images circled after 9/11.

there are already conflicting news reports- even from the press conference regarding the JFK library situation. quick to report, quick to blame, quick to assume..... things will unfold in due time

These explosions show just how vulnerable America still is. We see all of these people on TV shows talking about the devices they have to detect bombs in large crowds. Sadly, they failed today. I just hope the cowards responsible for this are caught.
There's really nothing you can do here. 26.2 miles of public road. 40,000+ participants, 500,000 in attendance. Family members and runners with bags full of clothes and equipment.
That's not what the police say when they get on TV and brag about their technology that will allegedly allow them to scan areas and detect any bomb in the area. That is what they said before the race, before the big New Year's event in NYC, etc. If what they say is true, their technology failed them today.
Just as bad as it is to start looking for someone to blame, we start blaming everyone for not protecting everyone as well. If someone wants to kill people, then it will happen. Not much you or I or anyone can do about it. We do the best we can to prevent as much as possible, but the only way to prevent it more is to start taking away liberties and freedoms of the normal citizen.

Way to stereotype the Middle East.

Ceramic ball bearing bombs can avoid detection, as I'm sure Boston did security sweeps prior to the event.

This only reinforces my view on humanity. Sad that miserable f*cks have to kill innocent children or people because they themselves are miserable pieces of trash. I think the majority of people have or will come to a low point in their life where they are not thinking properly but I can't for the life of me understand why harming others would help solve any of their personal issues. This could be a religious nut job, Terrorist group, or just worthless scum. Either way, I will never understand the line of thinking these people use when committing these terrible acts.

These explosions show just how vulnerable America still is. We see all of these people on TV shows talking about the devices they have to detect bombs in large crowds. Sadly, they failed today. I just hope the cowards responsible for this are caught.
There's really nothing you can do here. 26.2 miles of public road. 40,000+ participants, 500,000 in attendance. Family members and runners with bags full of clothes and equipment.
Yeah there is. Don't live in a large liberal city.

To the person who said there is nothing that can be done about it I disagree. Pull all money and resources out of the Middle East. Except covert forces and intelligence gathering mechanisms. That does a couple things. Stops us from creating even more terrorists, which our prescience over there does on a daily basis. Also, it frees up A LOT more money and resources to be dumped into homeland security. No excuse if this was a home grown terrorist. We should have been monitoring the nut job groups intensely leading up to this day for all the reasons listed above. Never an excuse for it to be a foreign terrorist. Every middle Eastern person in this country that has ever associated with even the hint of a terrorist organization should be monitored. As well as any in this country on a Visa. You make it hard on all middle easterners and eventually they might start policing their own. The fact that they won't leads me to believe most are at least sympathizers

JT you do realize that many injured were not from Boston? It's a big world out there bro and I'm positive not everyone in Boston is liberal. Great city you should check it out sometime.

Everyone on here complaining about stereotyping needs to just stop. Stereotypes exist for a reason.

One bad apple ruins it for the whole bunch.
How long do we sit back and sacrifice security for the majority to accommodate the feelings of the minority. Give me a break.

Originally posted by jt75:

Maybe the dumbest thing I've ever read.

Be like George Washington telling the guys they couldn't just randomly stop guys in red jackets.

Originally posted by thetus:
To the person who said there is nothing that can be done about it I disagree. Pull all money and resources out of the Middle East. Except covert forces and intelligence gathering mechanisms. That does a couple things. Stops us from creating even more terrorists, which our prescience over there does on a daily basis. Also, it frees up A LOT more money and resources to be dumped into homeland security. No excuse if this was a home grown terrorist. We should have been monitoring the nut job groups intensely leading up to this day for all the reasons listed above. Never an excuse for it to be a foreign terrorist. Every middle Eastern person in this country that has ever associated with even the hint of a terrorist organization should be monitored. As well as any in this country on a Visa. You make it hard on all middle easterners and eventually they might start policing their own. The fact that they won't leads me to believe most are at least sympathizers
If this is domestic, your plan achieves zilch.

Terrorism is not a middle eastern problem alone. Terrorism is a tactic, not a geographic location, a race, a religion or a group. Terrorism is a political use of violence in an effort to motivate change. Nothing more, nothing less and every country have people willing to utilize the tactic.

Out of all the ignorant statements I've read on here, this may be the worst.

You make it hard on all middle easterners and eventually they might start policing their own. The fact that they won't leads me to believe most are at least sympathizers
Guess we should also "make it hard" on all white, middle-aged males. After all, we could all be domestic terrorists ready to bomb something at a moment's notice. Or at least sympathizers. Right?

^^^^ anyone who has ever been known to associate with any extremist group should be monitored.

Authorities say they are searching for a darker skinned or black male with a black backpack and black sweatshirt, possibly foreign national from the accent of the individual. Five minutes before the first explosion, officials said this person attempted to gain entry to a restricted area. When turned away, he broke eye contact and pulled his sweatshirt hood over his head and left, officials said.

Law enforcement is also looking for a yellow Penske box truck that tried to gain access with "medical supplies" approximately 1 hour after the explosion.

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=news/national_world&id=9065415

With conflicting reports out there, did they really shut down all cell phone service in the city or not?

If they did my first reaction is good decision by them. Second thought is that with that being spread by media outlets do terrorist thrive on that in the future? Imagine being there or around the area or have family/friends there. First reaction besides run/help is to use that cell phone isnt it? Blocking millions of calls with the intent to save more lives is an extreme, insane scenario. Blows my mind.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT