ADVERTISEMENT

Forbes Magazine and Arctic Ice.

bobhawg

Starter
Oct 27, 2002
I just read an article on Forbes' site actually it was an opinion column, but no matter, it says the Arctic ice set an all time record on 9/12 for the most ice ever recorded. The article is clearly a rebuke of the global warming scare and the only thing that bothers me about the column is there is no reference to the source of information regarding the ice.

Has anyone seen a report by anyone like NOAA or such that makes that statement about the ice? I do not doubt the statement , but think when someone makes an argument, they should reveal their source of information..

If in fact,the Arctic ice is growing, it is significant. But I would like to see the report and by whom it was published.

My mistake, it is the Antarctic ice,

not arctic that the man was referring to. Actually the Arctic ice hit a low on 9/18 of 1.32 million square miles in area, it was 1.61 msm on this date in 2007. So the argument he gave was that the north pole is decreasing but the south pole increasing. But I do know the South Pole ice is breaking off more than usual, but he may be referring to the land based ice.

Anyway, I will seek more information on the south ice.

Re: My mistake, it is the Antarctic ice,

That writer is the one who wrote the other article I read. Since I do not read Forbes Magazine I know nothing about him, but I suspect somewhere between this guy and the Democrat's statements you will find the truth. Say about half way.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT