ADVERTISEMENT

FB Recruiting Former four-star Michigan State OL transfer recaps Arkansas visit

DanielFair

Football Recruiting Analyst
Staff
Dec 6, 2019
After an abysmal performance against Auburn on Saturday, it’s clear the Arkansas Razorbacks (3-7, 1-7 SEC) need offensive line help in the worst way.

The Arkansas coaching staff is looking to remedy that situation, as the Razorbacks hosted former Michigan State offensive tackle Keyshawn Blackstock.

Blackstock, who entered the transfer portal following the firing of Spartans head coach Mel Tucker, said Arkansas is treating him like a priority.

“They treat me like I’m a priority here,” Blackstock said. “They need me. Coach Pittman keeps reminding me of that, so I feel like that’s big.”

The former four-star junior college prospect who played at Coffeyville Community College in eastern Kansas said he has a few connections to current players, including current Arkansas offensive lineman Amaury Wiggins.

The highlight of the trip, Blackstock said, was getting to see how current players meshed with each other.

“Just having a relationship with coach Pittman and the guys and how they bond and gel with each other,” Blackstock said. “I got guys here like Owen Lawson, a punter that’s here. Amaury Wiggins that I played junior college with. So I really trust those guys and the insight they’ve given me into the program. I feel like that that’s tremendous to me I talked to (Travis Williams) and guys like that in the staff and like ‘We need guys upfront. It starts with the trenches’. I feel like that’s big and I’m a priority here.”

Blackstock has been highly-recruited, picking up offers from Penn State, Ole Miss, Colorado and others in addition to the Razorbacks. Arkansas, though, is high up on the list.

“Arkansas would be a top school for me,” Blackstock said. “I just don’t know where I’ll end up right now. I open to everything right now but they will be a top school for me right.”

Blackstock said visits to Penn State and Louisville are up next. He’ll make his decision sometime in mid-December.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News