ADVERTISEMENT

Former Mizzou player/ NFL prospect is gay

astounding ignorance.
Originally posted by rzrbk7777:
Some of the biggest myths in existence are built around people believing that everybody else has it made. It doesn't who you are or what you believe, somebody isn't going to like you for it. I've been attacked for wearing a Hog shirt in Mississippi for gosh sakes. Been attacked once for not being a biker in a biker bar(just went in there to use the phone as my car had broke down). Learned years ago to go through certain neighborhoods as discreetly as possible b/c of the color of my skin. Don't go to gay bars b/c I don't fit in. Everybody gets picked on, everybody gets treated unfairly sometimes, and everybody has to survive.

What's happening in Russia is not my problem, nor is it for me to be held responsible for. If you have a problem with Russia, go take it up with them. I have no plans or desire to ever go there.

Jesus never treated anybody with hate. Nor did he accept sin as tolerable. Treating sinners with love(which everyone is) is not the same as being "tolerant" to sin. Love the sinner hate the sin was the way Jesus approached it. How awful of him, huh? What scriptures would you prefer be used? FWIW, I'm with you on people that just pick out the parts that suit them and ignore the rest.

Workplace discrimination? Back in the early 80's when I was railroading, we were working 12 hours a day 7 days a week and nobody could get off. We had a black lesbian that was able to take off when nobody else could even think about it. Always used female troubles as the reason. Now this girl and I had worked together in the adjoining state and transferred over at about the same time. Neither of us knew many folks over there so we became good friends. She used to hang out at my apartment on a regular basis and get cooked and watch TV. We used to laugh about how she was the ultimate minority and was able to pull both the race card and the sex card. I didn't give a crap and would have done the same thing for a few days off, but we both knew how ridiculous it was.

Left the railroad to come back home and like to have never found a job. As a white, heterosexual male with limited skills, I found myself at the end of every line. Ended up selling and collecting life insurance in the hood in Little Rock. One of my clients was an attractive black lady with two kids. She worked for the post office. I had taken the postal exam and made like 96 on it but was told I was not likely to get an interview with a 96.

I told my client how frustrated I was and asked her how she did it. She told me that she only made 77 on her test but they called her and two others back in to re-test. It seems they NEEDED to hire a black female so they took the 3 highest scores and had them take it again and the highest got the job. Justice you say? Yeah, at the expense of me and my family.

Few years later I was working on an assembly line at a factory in Conway while trying to get in some hours at UCA. There was a large black woman on the line I worked on. After our morning break, she would come back to her station for a bit, and then grab her purse and head slowly to the restroom for another 20 minutes. The line would plug up in front of her and empty past her and soon the line would be stopped. Seems they had tried to fire her a few years before and she had filed suit and got her job back. She was lazy as lazy could be and there was nothing anybody could do about it. And yeah, there were a lot of blacks in that factory, many in supervisory positions, but she was the only one I saw use the race card. She knew what she was doing and she thought it was funny. Nobody else could have done that. So , discrimination comes in all forms and a lot of them are under the pretense of equality. Don't act like you are the only faction that deals with it. You aren't.

I stand by what I said, anybody that wants to equate the gay movement with what JR dealt with is beyond clueless.

Life is hard. It's hard for everybody. No matter who or what you are, somebody is going to hate you for it. It aint just you.

Originally posted by AtlantaRazorback:
This is quite the entertaining thread for the token gay of Hawgsports. But some of my thoughts because I've thought more about it than probably anyone else on this board.

The person saying "they've never seen or heard of anyone attacked for being gay". I've been attacked. F-off. Don't tell me it doesn't happen. Go tell Matthew Shepard's mother. Just google the videos of what's happening in Russia now.

the person that wants to quote scripture in Leviticusl, F-off. It seems you want to pull that one out and ignore all the ones around it. That's what my former minister of an ACTUAL Christian church that loves and accepts all referred to as "convenient bible". Picking and choosing which scriptures to believe and ignoring the rest.

And YES, the bible was used to justify slavery, stoning women, adulterers and lots of other nonsense that gets skipped over to find the scripture that justifies prejudices.

You also can't in one statement claim that a nursing administrator is a lesbian and therefore gays don't have workplace discrimination. Just laughable. I've worked at jobs where I felt like I had to hide and cover. I used to take a lesbian friend to work functions and go to hers to fake people out. I'd never do that now, but I remember it well.

The Jackie Robinson parallel is relevant and saying his "color" was not important is laughable. He put up with horrible bigotry, overcame it, and excelled anyway. He wasn't just black or a great baseball player, he was BOTH at at time that was difficult.
Originally posted by Mrs.Whiskey:

Originally posted by reflection eternal:

Originally posted by curtisr:
Yes, doesn't matter what men thought or knew. Gods word is the perfect infallible word of God and applies forever. Read it and The Lord will reveal things and change your life!!
Yeah, that is complete bs. Man made God out of ignorance and fear. Yeah, they say God is all loving, the same God that watched Hitler put Jews in the oven and watched a race of people being enslaved for over 400 years. You can take that Bible shit and shove it up your ass
Uh-Oh-Baby-298x300.jpg

This post was edited on 2/10 6:05 PM by rzrbk7777

Originally posted by Vito Porco:
Originally posted by hogatexan:
God also said to have slaves, yes?

This post was edited on 2/10 3:11 PM by hogatexan
No, No where in the Bible does does it say that God supports slavery. In fact, the slavery described in the Old Testament was quite different from the kind of slavery we think of today - in which people are captured and sold as slaves. According to Old Testament law, anyone caught selling another person into slavery was to be executed

(Exodus 21:16)

"He who kidnaps a man, whether he sells him or he is found in his possession, shall surely be put to death."
Seriously, if you are going to quote some scripture quote more... here I will give you a few to look up:

Exodus 21: 20-21

Colossians 3:22

Leviticus 19:18

I could go on and on... there are MANY scriptures about slavery in the bible... and (gasp) the ownership of them... good and bad...

Then there is the scripture about tattoos... Leviticus 19:28 wonder if all the people that have tats are going to Hell?

Or how about men who wear their hair long? It says in the Bible that if he does that he is a disgrace... same with women and short hair... It also says that men should not shave their head either... Dang armed forces... off to Hell they go...

There are many many things in the Bible that, at the time they were written, were appropriate for the time period in which they were written... see examples above... You made my point for me actually when you said "In fact, the slavery described in the Old Testament was quite different from the kind of slavery we think of today" Slavery is slavery period...

Is polygamy okay with you too?

smh, people interpret what they want and how they want... If you (people in general) have a relationship with God then great if you don't then you will have to make your own peace with that...

Yes, doesn't matter what men thought or knew. Gods word is the perfect infallible word of God and applies forever. Read it and The Lord will reveal things and change your life!!
Yeah, that is complete bs. Man made God out of ignorance and fear. Yeah, they say God is all loving, the same God that watched Hitler put Jews in the oven and watched a race of people being enslaved for over 400 years. You can take that Bible shit and shove it up your ass
You can't make this hate up; do you actually hate curtisr this much?

Agree, just in the other direction. But thanks so much for such an enlightened response. Poor you, I'm sure Jackie would have wilted under the strain of your persecution. The rest of us just skate along in blissful ignorance and unconditional acceptance while you carry such an unfair burden. Poor you.

astounding ignorance.

Some of the biggest myths in existence are built around people believing that everybody else has it made. It doesn't who you are or what you believe, somebody isn't going to like you for it. I've been attacked for wearing a Hog shirt in Mississippi for gosh sakes. Been attacked once for not being a biker in a biker bar(just went in there to use the phone as my car had broke down). Learned years ago to go through certain neighborhoods as discreetly as possible b/c of the color of my skin. Don't go to gay bars b/c I don't fit in. Everybody gets picked on, everybody gets treated unfairly sometimes, and everybody has to survive.

What's happening in Russia is not my problem, nor is it for me to be held responsible for. If you have a problem with Russia, go take it up with them. I have no plans or desire to ever go there.

Jesus never treated anybody with hate. Nor did he accept sin as tolerable. Treating sinners with love(which everyone is) is not the same as being "tolerant" to sin. Love the sinner hate the sin was the way Jesus approached it. How awful of him, huh? What scriptures would you prefer be used? FWIW, I'm with you on people that just pick out the parts that suit them and ignore the rest.

Workplace discrimination? Back in the early 80's when I was railroading, we were working 12 hours a day 7 days a week and nobody could get off. We had a black lesbian that was able to take off when nobody else could even think about it. Always used female troubles as the reason. Now this girl and I had worked together in the adjoining state and transferred over at about the same time. Neither of us knew many folks over there so we became good friends. She used to hang out at my apartment on a regular basis and get cooked and watch TV. We used to laugh about how she was the ultimate minority and was able to pull both the race card and the sex card. I didn't give a crap and would have done the same thing for a few days off, but we both knew how ridiculous it was.

Left the railroad to come back home and like to have never found a job. As a white, heterosexual male with limited skills, I found myself at the end of every line. Ended up selling and collecting life insurance in the hood in Little Rock. One of my clients was an attractive black lady with two kids. She worked for the post office. I had taken the postal exam and made like 96 on it but was told I was not likely to get an interview with a 96.

I told my client how frustrated I was and asked her how she did it. She told me that she only made 77 on her test but they called her and two others back in to re-test. It seems they NEEDED to hire a black female so they took the 3 highest scores and had them take it again and the highest got the job. Justice you say? Yeah, at the expense of me and my family.

Few years later I was working on an assembly line at a factory in Conway while trying to get in some hours at UCA. There was a large black woman on the line I worked on. After our morning break, she would come back to her station for a bit, and then grab her purse and head slowly to the restroom for another 20 minutes. The line would plug up in front of her and empty past her and soon the line would be stopped. Seems they had tried to fire her a few years before and she had filed suit and got her job back. She was lazy as lazy could be and there was nothing anybody could do about it. And yeah, there were a lot of blacks in that factory, many in supervisory positions, but she was the only one I saw use the race card. She knew what she was doing and she thought it was funny. Nobody else could have done that. So , discrimination comes in all forms and a lot of them are under the pretense of equality. Don't act like you are the only faction that deals with it. You aren't.

I stand by what I said, anybody that wants to equate the gay movement with what JR dealt with is beyond clueless.

Life is hard. It's hard for everybody. No matter who or what you are, somebody is going to hate you for it. It aint just you.

This is quite the entertaining thread for the token gay of Hawgsports. But some of my thoughts because I've thought more about it than probably anyone else on this board.

The person saying "they've never seen or heard of anyone attacked for being gay". I've been attacked. F-off. Don't tell me it doesn't happen. Go tell Matthew Shepard's mother. Just google the videos of what's happening in Russia now.

the person that wants to quote scripture in Leviticusl, F-off. It seems you want to pull that one out and ignore all the ones around it. That's what my former minister of an ACTUAL Christian church that loves and accepts all referred to as "convenient bible". Picking and choosing which scriptures to believe and ignoring the rest.

And YES, the bible was used to justify slavery, stoning women, adulterers and lots of other nonsense that gets skipped over to find the scripture that justifies prejudices.

You also can't in one statement claim that a nursing administrator is a lesbian and therefore gays don't have workplace discrimination. Just laughable. I've worked at jobs where I felt like I had to hide and cover. I used to take a lesbian friend to work functions and go to hers to fake people out. I'd never do that now, but I remember it well.

The Jackie Robinson parallel is relevant and saying his "color" was not important is laughable. He put up with horrible bigotry, overcame it, and excelled anyway. He wasn't just black or a great baseball player, he was BOTH at at time that was difficult.

Uh-Oh-Baby-298x300.jpg

This post was edited on 2/10 6:05 PM by rzrbk7777

Originally posted by ermackey:

Originally posted by wps88 2.0:

Corinthians 6: "Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. You say, "Food for the stomach and the stomach for food, and God will destroy them both." The body, however, is not meant for sexual immorality but for the Lord, and the Lord for the body. By his power God raised the Lord from the dead, and he will raise us also. Do you not know that your bodies are members of Christ himself? Shall I then take the members of Christ and unite them with a prostitute? Never! Do you not know that he who unites himself with a prostitute is one with her in body? For it is said, "The two will become one flesh." But whoever is united with the Lord is one with him in spirit. Flee from sexual immorality. All other sins a person commits are outside the body, but whoever sins sexually, sins against their own body. Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies. (1 Corinthians 6:9, 10, 13-20 BOOKS)"

Hard to argue with Truth.

Hate the sin, love the sinner.
Do you also realize that you're quoting a book that came about when people believed the world was flat and that the earth was the center of the universe? You can't just pick and choose what you want to believe out of the bible. Gluttony is also a sin, too. I hope you and your family aren't fat.
The Bible is not just a book, it is far, far more than that to millions and millions of people. Do they not have a right to their spiritual beliefs? Funny how intolerant the tolerance crowd when it suits them.
They have a right to their beliefs. They just do not have a right to impose their beliefs on others.
Right back at ya there lightning ball. Don't say you don't have to tolerate my beliefs and then tell me I must tolerate yours. Of course. that is what you seem to do best.
Where did I say you did not have a right to your beliefs?
Same place you said I didn't have a right to impose my beliefs. I have never told anybody what they can't do in the privacy of their own home, I have never cussed at or spewed hatred at anybody b/c they were gay, yet somehow b/c I do not agree with the lifestyle, I am imposing my beliefs by simply stating my side. I'm not organizing anti-gay parades, stating my sexual preferences for the world to witness, or trying to stifle anybody from saying what they think. So which side is really doing the imposing here? All I want is to go on with my life and not be told what I should think is right by folks that have no clue, but see themselves as enlightened.

I don't believe that gay is normal, but I took the stance long ago that as long as it is not imposed on me, it isn't my business. Public cries to force me to like it or else be ridiculed makes it my business. You can't have it both ways no matter how hard you try.

This post was edited on 2/10 4:07 PM by rzrbk7777
I don't see it. Quote me and break down where I said you did not have a right to you beliefs?
You don't see a lot of things.
Ao, there is no quote that really exists. You owe me an apology.

The person saying "they've never seen or heard of anyone attacked for being gay". I've been attacked. F-off. Don't tell me it doesn't happen. Go tell Matthew Shepard's mother. Just google the videos of what's happening in Russia now.the person that wants to quote scripture in Leviticusl, F-off. It seems you want to pull that one out and ignore all the ones around it. That's what my former minister of an ACTUAL Christian church that loves and accepts all referred to as "convenient bible". Picking and choosing which scriptures to believe and ignoring the rest.And YES, the bible was used to justify slavery, stoning women, adulterers and lots of other nonsense that gets skipped over to find the scripture that justifies prejudices.You also can't in one statement claim that a nursing administrator is a lesbian and therefore gays don't have workplace discrimination. Just laughable. I've worked at jobs where I felt like I had to hide and cover. I used to take a lesbian friend to work functions and go to hers to fake people out. I'd never do that now, but I remember it well.The Jackie Robinson parallel is relevant and saying his "color" was not important is laughable. He put up with horrible bigotry, overcame it, and excelled anyway. He wasn't just black or a great baseball player, he was BOTH at at time that was difficult.

Uh-Oh-Baby-298x300.jpg
AtlantaR... I was in Houston when Paul Broussard the banker( I had actually met him once) was beaten to death by some high school football players... because he came out of a gay bar with his partner... the boys were hunting for gay men to beat that night. They got their wish... I have seen gay bashing's, gay discrimination and more hate than I care to talk about...

This very thread is part of the reason many many people stay "in the closet"... some of these same people would not think twice about hurting someone that was gay just judging from what has been written in this thread thus far. I have also seen race discrimination and think that is on the very same level... any discrimination, hate crime etc... is horrible no matter the victim.. for people who say different are just ignorant and should seek professional help.

For people who say that what is happening in Russia is "not my problem" or have that same line of thinking are the same type of people who said it wasn't their problem when millions of people were being slaughtered in Germany until finally someone decided to do something... It is that train of thought that only helps the oppressor and not the oppressed... America has stepped in many times over human rights issues (right or wrong) but don't look for that to happen in Russia (right or wrong) it would not be politically correct to do so...

People LOVE to quote the Bible when it suits them and even then it is only the scripture that fits their agenda... They seem to leave out all the other scripture that would just invalidate what they just quoted... I got into the Bible discussion with my Mom the other night. She, like myself, believes that the Bible is most definitely up to interpretation and was written for the times. Not making any allowances for the future. I always thought that was rather obvious but some conveniently do not think that way.

I can't forget the people who think that being gay is a "lifestyle choice"... That is laughable as well... do you honestly believe that people would CHOOSE to be hated? Choose to not be able to show affection to their loved one in public any time they want? Choose to be beaten and or killed? Choose to be fired and or discriminated against? Gay people no more choose to be gay than an African american chooses to be African american or a cat chooses to be a cat... Being gay is not a choice and anyone can quote scripture all they want but that will never convince me otherwise. I have lived it so I know... It is pure hell knowing that you are going to let down your parents, your siblings and all your friends because of what they have been conditioned to feel. But you have to be who you are and true to yourself or you will never be happy... That certainly does not take away the bigotry that I see day in and day out and it is really sad.

I am done with this convo as it is getting nowhere as usual. I find that these types of threads only serve as reminders that each and everyone of us is not perfect and we have our own flaws. We certainly don't need to be pointing out each others. So I say goodnight to all and hope that everyone can just try harder to get along... We all do have at least one thing in common and that is our love for our Razorbacks... So WPS and GHG!

Thanks for your time

Might I also add that choosing to practice homosexuality should in no way be equated to being born black and dealing with all the issues Jackie Robinson dealt with. He didn't choose it, he couldn't hide it and it wasn't a sin. Righteous causes are much different than trying to get people to accept a sinful lifestyle as normal.

Another attempt by satan to disguise evil. It's not ok!

Might I also add that choosing to practice homosexuality should in no way be equated to being born black and dealing with all the issues Jackie Robinson dealt with. He didn't choose it, he couldn't hide it and it wasn't a sin. Righteous causes are much different than trying to get people to accept a sinful lifestyle as normal.

Another attempt by satan to disguise evil. It's not ok!

Wow... very ignorant... I feel sorry for you... I really do... No hate here for you just sad for you lol...

This is why I am done with this...

Another tolerance is best advocate I guess! One day people will wake up and see the train on the tracks. It might be too late!

Definitely not ignorant.

I can't forget the people who think that being gay is a "lifestyle choice"... That is laughable as well... do you honestly believe that people would CHOOSE to be hated? Choose to not be able to show affection to their loved one in public any time they want? Choose to be beaten and or killed? Choose to be fired and or discriminated against? Gay people no more choose to be gay than an African american chooses to be African american or a cat chooses to be a cat... Being gay is not a choice and anyone can quote scripture all they want but that will never convince me otherwise. I have lived it so I know... It is pure hell knowing that you are going to let down your parents, your siblings and all your friends because of what they have been conditioned to feel. But you have to be who you are and true to yourself or you will never be happy... That certainly does not take away the bigotry that I see day in and day out and it is really sad.
You said it so well, hogatexan. I can only add an "Amen" to your points.

the person that wants to quote scripture in Leviticusl, F-off. It seems you want to pull that one out and ignore all the ones around it. That's what my former minister of an ACTUAL Christian church that loves and accepts all referred to as "convenient bible". Picking and choosing which scriptures to believe and ignoring the rest
You need to double check your facts on Matthew Sheppard... see link.

Sheppard not killed because he was gay.

Curtisr; HOMOSEXUALITY is a CHOICE. people may have masculine and femanine tendancies but I do not believe they are created by God contrary to his design for them. "Men should not have sex with men" .....oh I guess I'll create some homosexuals now.......I don't buy that argument for one second.

Next it will be, I can't help it that I'm drawn to polygamy and I have to steal cars it's my nature.

I'm coming out of the closet........I have to eat brick mortar..........I'm a hero!!!!!!!!!! People will persecute me and I won't be able to find a job but I can't deny who I am, bring on the 80 pound bags and I'll just mix and eat,,,,,,it's who I am!,

Sin is a choice. Always has been and always will be. Own up to it!!

This post was edited on 2/10 11:14 PM by curtisr

Originally posted by wps88 2.0:

Corinthians 6: "Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. You say, "Food for the stomach and the stomach for food, and God will destroy them both." The body, however, is not meant for sexual immorality but for the Lord, and the Lord for the body. By his power God raised the Lord from the dead, and he will raise us also. Do you not know that your bodies are members of Christ himself? Shall I then take the members of Christ and unite them with a prostitute? Never! Do you not know that he who unites himself with a prostitute is one with her in body? For it is said, "The two will become one flesh." But whoever is united with the Lord is one with him in spirit. Flee from sexual immorality. All other sins a person commits are outside the body, but whoever sins sexually, sins against their own body. Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies. (1 Corinthians 6:9, 10, 13-20 BOOKS)"

Hard to argue with Truth.

Do you also realize that you're quoting a book that came about when people believed the world was flat and that the earth was the center of the universe? You can't just pick and choose what you want to believe out of the bible. Gluttony is also a sin, too. I hope you and your family aren't fat.
The Bible is not just a book, it is far, far more than that to millions and millions of people. Do they not have a right to their spiritual beliefs? Funny how intolerant the tolerance crowd when it suits them.
They have a right to their beliefs. They just do not have a right to impose their beliefs on others.
Right back at ya there lightning ball. Don't say you don't have to tolerate my beliefs and then tell me I must tolerate yours. Of course. that is what you seem to do best.
Where did I say you did not have a right to your beliefs?
Same place you said I didn't have a right to impose my beliefs. I have never told anybody what they can't do in the privacy of their own home, I have never cussed at or spewed hatred at anybody b/c they were gay, yet somehow b/c I do not agree with the lifestyle, I am imposing my beliefs by simply stating my side. I'm not organizing anti-gay parades, stating my sexual preferences for the world to witness, or trying to stifle anybody from saying what they think. So which side is really doing the imposing here? All I want is to go on with my life and not be told what I should think is right by folks that have no clue, but see themselves as enlightened.

I don't believe that gay is normal, but I took the stance long ago that as long as it is not imposed on me, it isn't my business. Public cries to force me to like it or else be ridiculed makes it my business. You can't have it both ways no matter how hard you try.

This post was edited on 2/10 4:07 PM by rzrbk7777
I don't see it. Quote me and break down where I said you did not have a right to you beliefs?
You don't see a lot of things.
Ao, there is no quote that really exists. You owe me an apology.
It is you. Zipppppppy!

There are other articles that have to do with science, but here are some. I find the evidence very compelling that being homosexual is not simply a "choice" someone makes. Quite the contrary.

To each his own opinion though. I just know what my opinion is and why I have my opinion.

http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2012-12/nifm-sfe120612.php

http://www.boston.com/news/globe/magazine/articles/2005/08/14/what_makes_people_gay/?page=full

http://discovermagazine.com/2006/nov/cover

http://www.jstor.org/stable/10.1086/668167?&Search=yes&searchText=rice&list=hide&searchUri=%2Faction%2FdoBasicSearch%3FQuery%3Drice%26filter%3Djid%253A10.2307%252Fj100336%26Search%3DSearch%26wc%3Don%26fc%3Doff%26globalSearch%3D%26sbbBox%3D%26sbjBox%3D%26sbpBox%3D&prevSearch=&item=5&ttl=486&returnArticleService=showFullText

Epigenetic definition:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epigenetics

Edit to add definition and more articles

This post was edited on 2/11 1:09 AM by Pigasus22

Thank you Pigasus22, I appreciate that. I am afraid your efforts to enlighten curtisr are futile as I think he is a member the Westboro cult... People like him will never listen, have an open mind or be any kind of accepting to anyone who does not believe exactly how he does. As you can tell by his last reply, he tends to drift off into immaturity to drive home his point. These are the kind of people to be afraid of... Like I said Westboro member...scary

I have a good relationship with God and that is all that really matters not what a small group of narrow minded people think of me or how I feel. I feel sorry for them I really do... I really appreciate people who may not agree with me but they respect the person I am because of who I am and that I am a good person.....I respect people like that because they are real...and I like keeping it real. :)

WPS!!!

Look it up... I have... Although I have a sneaking suspicion that you will see only what you want to see as it fits your agenda. Smh.... Done.

HogaTexan

Christ is the only agenda. No apologies for that. If it's about morality I'm 100% right. If it's about politics, tolerance and immorality. You win! Be done!

Don't hate.

Thank you Pigasus22, I appreciate that. I am afraid your efforts to enlighten curtisr are futile as I think he is a member the Westboro cult... People like him will never listen, have an open mind or be any kind of accepting to anyone who does not believe exactly how he does. As you can tell by his last reply, he tends to drift off into immaturity to drive home his point. These are the kind of people to be afraid of... Like I said Westboro member...scary

I have a good relationship with God and that is all that really matters not what a small group of narrow minded people think of me or how I feel. I feel sorry for them I really do... I really appreciate people who may not agree with me but they respect the person I am because of who I am and that I am a good person.....I respect people like that because they are real...and I like keeping it real. :)

WPS!!!
You're welcome, hogatexan. :)

Pigasus, Texas

I'm glad you guys have such a great relationship.

Being a good person isn't enough. You can't be good enough to earn your way to Gods grace. It's a gift from Him through the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus. Accept Him as your savior, ask for forgiveness of your sins and the miracle of eternal life is yours.

We are never going to agree with each other on this subject. That's ok. I'm not judging anyone as a bad person because we don't see eye to eye on this.

The person saying "they've never seen or heard of anyone attacked for being gay". I've been attacked. F-off. Don't tell me it doesn't happen. Go tell Matthew Shepard's mother. Just google the videos of what's happening in Russia now.the person that wants to quote scripture in Leviticusl, F-off. It seems you want to pull that one out and ignore all the ones around it. That's what my former minister of an ACTUAL Christian church that loves and accepts all referred to as "convenient bible". Picking and choosing which scriptures to believe and ignoring the rest.And YES, the bible was used to justify slavery, stoning women, adulterers and lots of other nonsense that gets skipped over to find the scripture that justifies prejudices.You also can't in one statement claim that a nursing administrator is a lesbian and therefore gays don't have workplace discrimination. Just laughable. I've worked at jobs where I felt like I had to hide and cover. I used to take a lesbian friend to work functions and go to hers to fake people out. I'd never do that now, but I remember it well.The Jackie Robinson parallel is relevant and saying his "color" was not important is laughable. He put up with horrible bigotry, overcame it, and excelled anyway. He wasn't just black or a great baseball player, he was BOTH at at time that was difficult.

Uh-Oh-Baby-298x300.jpg
AtlantaR... I was in Houston when Paul Broussard the banker( I had actually met him once) was beaten to death by some high school football players... because he came out of a gay bar with his partner... the boys were hunting for gay men to beat that night. They got their wish... I have seen gay bashing's, gay discrimination and more hate than I care to talk about...

This very thread is part of the reason many many people stay "in the closet"... some of these same people would not think twice about hurting someone that was gay just judging from what has been written in this thread thus far. I have also seen race discrimination and think that is on the very same level... any discrimination, hate crime etc... is horrible no matter the victim.. for people who say different are just ignorant and should seek professional help.

For people who say that what is happening in Russia is "not my problem" or have that same line of thinking are the same type of people who said it wasn't their problem when millions of people were being slaughtered in Germany until finally someone decided to do something... It is that train of thought that only helps the oppressor and not the oppressed... America has stepped in many times over human rights issues (right or wrong) but don't look for that to happen in Russia (right or wrong) it would not be politically correct to do so...

People LOVE to quote the Bible when it suits them and even then it is only the scripture that fits their agenda... They seem to leave out all the other scripture that would just invalidate what they just quoted... I got into the Bible discussion with my Mom the other night. She, like myself, believes that the Bible is most definitely up to interpretation and was written for the times. Not making any allowances for the future. I always thought that was rather obvious but some conveniently do not think that way.

I am done with this convo as it is getting nowhere as usual. I find that these types of threads only serve as reminders that each and everyone of us is not perfect and we have our own flaws. We certainly don't need to be pointing out each others. So I say goodnight to all and hope that everyone can just try harder to get along... We all do have at least one thing in common and that is our love for our Razorbacks... So WPS and GHG!

Thanks for your time
121,468 murders happened in the U.S.A. in 2013. .0002% were Gay/lesbian orientated. Multiply that 100 fold and you get Black on white crime. Multiply that again 1000 times and you get black on black crime.

P.S. White on black crime is .000001%

Pigasus, Texas

I'm glad you guys have such a great relationship.

Being a good person isn't enough. You can't be good enough to earn your way to Gods grace. It's a gift from Him through the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus. Accept Him as your savior, ask for forgiveness of your sins and the miracle of eternal life is yours.

We are never going to agree with each other on this subject. That's ok. I'm not judging anyone as a bad person because we don't see eye to eye on this.
So am I, curtis. Hogatexan is a girlfriend of mine and a very sweet lady. :)

A little bit about me though---I am simply a woman on her own journey of faith, curtis. I do my very best to live by the Golden Rule and to love others as Jesus would. I fall short many times on my journey and must ask my Father for forgiveness. Just one example of me falling short--I lose my temper and throw out cuss words from time to time. Yeah, I can really let them rip when I get mad. I'm an imperfect human being and a sinner. :(

I've read the Holy Scriptures and still do. I like to research, so I've especially enjoyed reading about and researching the history of how the Bible came to be, the books that were included and not included, the different "versions" of the Bible, a little Greek, a little Hebrew, the history of the early Church, the early Church councils, etc, etc... I love history! :)

Wherever I go and whomever I meet, I try to show others the same love and compassion that Jesus would show. That's what I'm about, curtis. :)

I must admit though that I'm not having a lot of patience these days with the state of Hog football. Oh man, don't get me started on that. ;)

P.S.
I am a heterosexual, married woman---married to the same man for 34 years, and I have 4 sons.

Pigasus,

Thanks for the response, we all struggle with anger and saying and doing things we sometimes regret. Daily for me!!

It's great that you've studied the scripture and all the history involved. Very interesting stuff. Taking all that's involved and all the different languages and timeframes I think it's pretty incredible!! I believe it's inspired by God and the ultimate Truth.

I'd encourage you to read and study Ephesians 2. It's some great words from The Lord.

The Golden Rule is a great philosophy to live by and incorporate into your life but when it comes to eternity Jesus gives eternal life and no matter how hard I try I mess up too much to earn it. If I could earn it then Jesus died on the cross for nothing and I can't believe that's true.

Anyway if I can ever help let me know.

Pigasus,

Thanks for the response, we all struggle with anger and saying and doing things we sometimes regret. Daily for me!!

It's great that you've studied the scripture and all the history involved. Very interesting stuff. Taking all that's involved and all the different languages and timeframes I think it's pretty incredible!! I believe it's inspired by God and the ultimate Truth.

I'd encourage you to read and study Ephesians 2. It's some great words from The Lord.

The Golden Rule is a great philosophy to live by and incorporate into your life but when it comes to eternity Jesus gives eternal life and no matter how hard I try I mess up too much to earn it. If I could earn it then Jesus died on the cross for nothing and I can't believe that's true.

Anyway if I can ever help let me know.
Thank you, Curtis! That is very kind of you. :)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT