ADVERTISEMENT

Full court press

buddy707

Signee
Gold Member
Oct 6, 2009
Am I the only one that wishes we'd just stop doing it? The success has been seemingly minimal double teaming the person the ball is inbounded to. They just jump above them, throw it down court and suddenly they have number on their side which usually leads to an open 3 or a quick take to the basket. I get we want to play fast and physical. But for whatever reason we seem to play better defense in zone. I get that our team relies on turnovers and fast break points. But us using the full court press most of the time, more times than not seems to lead to a quick foul or easy basket rather than a turnover. I think part of it has to do with we don't have guards that are quick enough to defend well man on man. We also don't have a guard that's good off the dribble talk going it to the basket. Every time Madden or Qualls drives to the basket I'm praying they don't turn in over or charge. They just don't seem to look comfortable off the dribble and in traffic look like a fish out of water. But that's another topic... Thoughts?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News