ADVERTISEMENT

FB Recruiting Greenwood QB Kane Archer talks Arkansas visit

DanielFair

Football Recruiting Analyst
Staff
Dec 6, 2019

One of the most highly-sought-after quarterback targets in the class of 2026 comes from the small town of Greenwood, and he was on campus for Arkansas' game against BYU last weekend.

Kane Archer told HawgBeat that he always enjoys his trips to Fayetteville, but it was especially cool to be there with his brother, Cash, and his teammate Cody Taylor, who had his first game visit last weekend.

"The visits are always good there," Archer said. "The people are super nice, everybody's always friendly ... most of all I got to spend the weekend with my brother. Cody Taylor's first game up there, so I mean, it's really cool getting to see those guys smile and be happy."

The announced attendance for the game against BYU was 74,821, which is the eighth-largest crowd in school history. Archer said it was awesome to see the fanbase have support for the Hogs.

"If you see yourself playing there, you know you got 75,000 fans cheering you on, booing the other team, that's always a good thing," Archer said. "So I thought it was really freaking cool."

Archer holds offers from 15 different schools, including Arkansas, Florida State, Tennessee and more. He said what sets Arkansas apart from the rest is the people.

"Everybody is super friendly," Archer said. "They make you feel like you want to be there, if that makes sense. They make you feel belonged, they make you feel special.

Archer has helped Greenwood to a perfect 4-0 record so far this year, and his brother Cash currently leads the state in sacks with nine. It's worth noting that Kane didn't play in Greenwood's win over Siloam Springs last Friday as he's dealing with a left wrist injury.

https://n.rivals.com/content/athletes/kane-archer-283122?view=pv

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News