ADVERTISEMENT

Gun bill is insane

Our stadiums dont sell alcohol. If you dont want alcohol and weapons together inside any if our venues is just about the only place within Fayetteville guranteed for that to happen.

If the law is for CCL holders there is really zero to worry about as CCL holders have a microscopic record of illegal activity with a weapon.

I think some of you folks honestly believe that the dumbass shootings that already occur in sporting event parking lots are from legal gun owners. Nothing like fake womens rights advocates who will rally against young ladies having a hand gun at college where rape statistics are through the roof.

This law might pass the law in Arkansas which prohibits atheist from running for any government office in the state. This type of stuff is embarrassing

Reactions: fleckabelly
Absolute insanity at its finest, and I'm also a good red blooded fan of the second amendment. First of all there's no way in hell an 8 hour class properly prepares someone for what to do with a gun in a situation like a football game, with that many people that close together.

Truthfully what's more likely here- a terrorist attack, an overreaction by someone that thinks they see a terrorist attack, or an accidental discharge that gets someone killed for no reason? If we're that damn worried about it, put in metal detectors. My wife can't carry anything but a clear purse into a football stadium, but anyone with a whopping 8 hour class is now a citizen cop. This kind of attitude is going to get someone killed.

Reactions: fleckabelly
Absolute insanity at its finest, and I'm also a good red blooded fan of the second amendment. First of all there's no way in hell an 8 hour class properly prepares someone for what to do with a gun in a situation like a football game, with that many people that close together.

Truthfully what's more likely here- a terrorist attack, an overreaction by someone that thinks they see a terrorist attack, or an accidental discharge that gets someone killed for no reason? If we're that damn worried about it, put in metal detectors. My wife can't carry anything but a clear purse into a football stadium, but anyone with a whopping 8 hour class is now a citizen cop. This kind of attitude is going to get someone killed.
Here the real question, where has the outcry been to put in metal detectors and heightened security prior to this law proposal. It wasnt there because Long and the university didnt want to pay for it. We need it. We need police dogs with bomb detection training. We need swat representation at each game. Its only a matter of time before one of these nut jobs figures out that they can do damage to thousands and on live TV.

Nope, thats not enough to wake people up but the idea of a guy whos never committed a violent crime and never will, cardying a weapon he lawfully purchased, trained to use, and was approved ti carry by the government..... awws shit son, its time to shut the whole stadium down.

The hypocricy is enough to choke on

Our stadiums dont sell alcohol. If you dont want alcohol and weapons together inside any if our venues is just about the only place within Fayetteville guranteed for that to happen.

If the law is for CCL holders there is really zero to worry about as CCL holders have a microscopic record of illegal activity with a weapon.

I think some of you folks honestly believe that the dumbass shootings that already occur in sporting event parking lots are from legal gun owners. Nothing like fake womens rights advocates who will rally against young ladies having a hand gun at college where rape statistics are through the roof.

Uhh....plenty of alcohol being sold in the club sections...plenty of alcohol flasks being snuck in via Red Wing boot....plenty of alcohol being consumed in the parking lots and fraternity houses surrounding the stadium.

Some of our rednecks fans + Guns + SEC Football = a recipe for disaster. Congrats to you for being a responsible CCL holder....not everyone is as perfect as you, and that's what concerns me and others.

This law might pass the law in Arkansas which prohibits atheist from running for any government office in the state. This type of stuff is embarrassing

But you love(even worship) the freedom from religion bunch who aims to stifle anybody who believes in anything. You applaud one while being embarrassed about the other. Not as fun when you are on the receiving end huh? The hypocracy of the left knows no limits.

Uhh....plenty of alcohol being sold in the club sections...plenty of alcohol flasks being snuck in via Red Wing boot....plenty of alcohol being consumed in the parking lots and fraternity houses surrounding the stadium.

Some of our rednecks fans + Guns + SEC Football = a recipe for disaster. Congrats to you for being a responsible CCL holder....not everyone is as perfect as you, and that's what concerns me and others.
And this is diffetent from the redneck who had a couple after work and is in walmart getting groceries how?

You are eqivocating someone who registered with the government and was approved by the government to carry a firearm after vack ground checks and mandatory training with a redneck thats liquored up 4 out of 5 days. Why? Because that is your view of CCL holders. But Im the judgemental one.... gotcha.

That didn't take long. How about moving it to THE GRIM BOTTOM instead of locking the thread? This is a topic that many would like to discuss and it definitely impacts Razorback athletics.

Reactions: nychog
UPDATE: Ark. House judiciary committee passes amendment allowing plan to prohibit concealed carry at athletic events

UPDATE: Ark. House judiciary committee passes amendment allowing plan to prohibit concealed carry at athletic events

And this is diffetent from the redneck who had a couple after work and is in walmart getting groceries how?

You are eqivocating someone who registered with the government and was approved by the government to carry a firearm after vack ground checks and mandatory training with a redneck thats liquored up 4 out of 5 days. Why? Because that is your view of CCL holders. But Im the judgemental one.... gotcha.
Boss is right... if you think there are no illegal guns in the stands you have your head in the sand. All you are doing is disarming responsible legally armed citizens, leaving the bad guys as the only ones armed. Genius. You guys who operate under the premise that felons will follow the rules, amaze me. Now, if you will get serious about it like the airports and really keep ALL guns out, I'm ok with that.

Reactions: BOSSHOGFREE
Guns don't belong on campuses. Recreating the wild west attempts to solve a problem that just barely - and I mean just barely - exists.

And so everyone can calm down
giphy.gif

Guns don't belong on campuses. Recreating the wild west attempts to solve a problem that just barely - and I mean just barely - exists.
So rape isnt an issue on campuses? Thought it was basically out of control. So you dont think women need to protect themselves from dangerous men? Interesting

Ya, not sure why people don't understand that it's not alcohol being consumed inside the stadium, it's what happens before the game. I really don't get why people can't understand this and please stop using the argument that people with CCL are already carrying guns into the stadium. If these people are so law abiding, then they won't carry them in once there is a law that says they can't. Problem solved :)

Last edited:
Reactions: joe.schmo
Boss is right... if you think there are no illegal guns in the stands you have your head in the sand. All you are doing is disarming responsible legally armed citizens, leaving the bad guys as the only ones armed. Genius. You guys who operate under the premise that felons will follow the rules, amaze me. Now, if you will get serious about it like the airports and really keep ALL guns out, I'm ok with that.

I get what you are saying, but to think that some guy with is CCL will save me when a shooting occurs is also ludicrous. Anything can escalate when emotions are high. I'd much rather do what we can do to limit guns in the stands. You are also assuming that everyone that has a CCL is a completely law abiding citizen and wouldn't use their weapon illegally. But for the most part, it's all about public perception. Nobody else allows it and the SEC will come down hard on us if we do allow it. For that reason alone, this bill should not pass without the amendment.

I get what you are saying, but to think that some guy with is CCL will save me when a shooting occurs is also ludicrous. Anything can escalate when emotions are high. I'd much rather do what we can do to limit guns in the stands. You are also assuming that everyone that has a CCL is a completely law abiding citizen and wouldn't use their weapon illegally. But for the most part, it's all about public perception. Nobody else allows it and the SEC will come down hard on us if we do allow it. For that reason alone, this bill should not pass without the amendment.
If a shooting occured right near you, you would be praying to God that "someone with a gun" was present and had your back

I do not carry. But, if a bad situation breaks out, some nut with a gun devides to indiscriminately kill everyone he can... I hope like everything that i am with one of my friends who does carry.

All my friends that carry, are good guys, level headed guys.

They are nt the kind just looking for an excuse to use their gun to kill someone.

I do not carry. But, if a bad situation breaks out, some nut with a gun devides to indiscriminately kill everyone he can... I hope like everything that i am with one of my friends who does carry.

They are nt the kind just looking for an excuse to use their gun to kill someone.
Don't waste your breath on him Ham. In this world there are sheep, wolves and sheepdogs. People like Coward have chosen to be a sheep.

Don't waste your breath on him Ham. In this world there are sheep, wolves and sheepdogs. People like Coward have chosen to be a sheep.

Really? You have no real argument to justify your opinion so you attack me instead to try and discredit something? I think I stand justified in my opinion if people with your mentality are the ones out there carrying.

I'm not saying that there are not people out there that don't know how to use their weapons. I assume that everyone with a CCL knows how to use them. I just don't believe that there are a high percentage of those people that can use them in a stress situation. Your friends are probably the exception.

Really? You have no real argument to justify your opinion so you attack me instead to try and discredit something? I think I stand justified in my opinion if people with your mentality are the ones out there carrying.
I believe I did discredit your argument. My post was a literary tool called and analogy. It makes the complicated more clear to the confused... at least for most people. Mass shooting after mass shooting occurs in "gun-free" zones. Look it up. And regardless of what you think of people with my "mentality" if tragedy does strike be assured we'll be doing our best-- perhaps not with the skill level of a navy seal, but our BEST-- to protect you and people of your "mentality" while you cower helplessly.

I believe I did discredit your argument. My post was a literary tool called and analogy. It makes the complicated more clear to the confused... at least for most people. Mass shooting after mass shooting occurs in "gun-free" zones. Look it up. And regardless of what you think of people with my "mentality" if tragedy does strike be assured we'll be doing our best-- perhaps not with the skill level of a navy seal, but our BEST-- to protect you and people of your "mentality" while you cower helplessly.

Based on your comments, it's apparent that your problem is that you need a gun to be a man. Some of us don't.

Just for everyone else, this comment is for Mr. RIB titties only. I'm not saying this towords everyone with a CCL.

Based on your comments, it's apparent that your problem is that you need a gun to be a man. Some of us don't.

Just for everyone else, this comment is for Mr. RIB titties only. I'm not saying this towords everyone with a CCL.
Which comments exactly were the ones that gave me away? And you preached to me about calling names... Rob titties... you are obviously one of the more clever kids in you grade... Your name says it all.

Which comments exactly were the ones that gave me away? And you preached to me about calling names... Rob titties... you are obviously one of the more clever kids in you grade... Your name says it all.

Hey, I can spar back once the name calling starts. But I didn't mean to hurt your feelings

I'm not saying that there are not people out there that don't know how to use their weapons. I assume that everyone with a CCL knows how to use them. I just don't believe that there are a high percentage of those people that can use them in a stress situation. Your friends are probably the exception.

The way I see it, the nuts that decide to act out have zero training. They are expecting no opposition. When someone shoots back, they freak out. Some commit suicide right then.

The good guy doesn't have to make an incredible shot and kill the bad guy, all he has to do is limit his mobility, pin the guy down so he can't just walk around shooting people in the head from point blank. Just pin the bad guy down until the polce arrive.

Allowing guns at sporting events?
I thought our politicians were somewhat intelligent.
This is insane.

SEC could boot us out if this stands.

Can the U of A have their own policy of no guns at sporting events?
Laws do not stop idiots. You can pass all the laws you like, but if someone wants bad enough to bring a gun in, the law won't stop them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT