ADVERTISEMENT

Honest Question

Jan 23, 2010
Do you really enjoy watching your Hogs play offense ? Obviously, I am a UK fan, and Ark fans are some of the more classier in the conference. I just watched the Petrino years and it was more of a passing mindset, it won and it was exciting.... Bret is very different, my question is would you rather have a passing offense rather than a solitary running attack. I know most would say whatever wins, but i am sure everyone has a personal preference. Good luck the rest of the year.

I suppose I am old school.... I like a great running offense.
Who said "Three Things Can Happen When You Pass and Two of Them Are Bad"?

Petrino had some success at Ark but you need to look at it very closely. During his run, Ole Miss, Miss St were down and A&M had not joined the conference. A&M rose up the ranks because Texas was falling apart, Manziel was discovered and lifted their program after joining the SEC.

Petrino had success beating the Ole Miss, Vandy (barely) and the rest but had problems beating Bama, LSU and Florida. As a matter of fact, Bama and LSU were kicking his a$$. Ark offensive line was made up mostly of walkons and low level 3 star players and forget about the defense. I admit he knows his X's and O's but I don't think he is a very good HC because he can't build an entire team. He just wants studs to run his offense and hopes to outscore everyone. That's not going to happen on a regular basis in the SEC.

When our current offense is clicking it is a blast and I definitely prefer it to pass attack. Petrino knew how to score but always felt like a WAC team when he was here. I'll take power O and solid D any day over finese. People feel it the next day after playing Hogs, and I like that.

I love it. Of course, I loved watching the wishbone, except for when Texas was running it down our throats at 8-10 yards a pop. We need a little better passing game and a better running threat at QB. Must have a stronger D. It seems like forever sense the hogs have had a rock solid D. I'm not sure the hogs will win an SEC game this year again. There is not another for sure win on the schedule except for UAB.

Like you said, whatever wins, but yes, I do enjoy watching the running game. We have three good backs with varying styles and any of them could pop a big run on any given play. It's fun to watch your team running it down the throat of the opponent when they know it's coming but can't stop it. Petrino's offense was fun to watch but the power running game that an opposing defense can't stop just seems to make you feel like the stronger team. I would like the passing offense to be more consistent to keep the Ds honest, and will be glad when we have more depth in our own def backfield. I prefer watching an entire team playing well in all facets on both sides of the ball, all Petrino ever gave us was flashy passing numbers and his def was withering away more and more every year from a lack of recruiting. we only had half a football team and that made it difficult to watch the games.

I like it. I liked BP's offense. I like that BB is attempting to have a defense, even more. Offense #26 Defense #36. Arkansas is better and will be over the hump when both are in the top 25. That is when the HOGS will be ready to make a run. Not a good feeling about this game, though. Alabama is a 9 point favorite, so I'm going with home field advantage. HOGS by 3.

This post was edited on 10/8 7:01 AM by TOP HOG

Their QB being able to run and Cooper are what worries me..... If we can contain those 2, I think we make a game of it!

Although it seems that Bret's team is ONLY power football but in reality it will become more balanced once all the pieces are in place. We still lack the burners like Jo Jo (redshirting).

When you need three yards to gain a first down and you don't have to pass, that is a great feeling.

Wish we could have seen Damon Mitchel @ QB running a triple option in a few passing downs... maybe next year.

Calimariischeat,

I just rather have an offense that scores...
TD's preferably. Dont care if it's run-heavy or pass-heavy, or balanced.

TDs.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT