ADVERTISEMENT

OT Hunting

ozz4thehogs

Prospect
Gold Member
Jan 15, 2015
Arkansas
Wondering what other people got or were seeing on opening weekend? My family in zone 12 near Emerson didn't get any bucks. I was supersized normally we do alright on opening weekend. I hunted Friday with my bow and didn't see anything. I'm glad I went down to Baton Rouge for the weekend instead. Seems like it's been warmer then normal this fall keeping the Bucks from going into rut. I always believed it had more to do with the shorter days but now I'm thinking maybe weather has more to do with it then I thought. Interested to see how ducks will be on Saturday.

Loved Bielema's Tweet

Reactions: jringg
I got a 7 point two weeks ago with my bow and shattered my rage on the shoulder of a 6 point on Saturday. He ran off like with just a little hitch in his step. In CT by the way and full Rut here.

I got a 7 point two weeks ago with my bow and shattered my rage on the shoulder of a 6 point on Saturday. He ran off like with just a little hitch in his step. In CT by the way and full Rut here.

Congrats on such a masterful hunt. The fam must be very proud of u. U should take a picture beside the dead animal and praise God for helping u kill it. Be sure to hang it on your wall and tell all your friends what a great hunter u are.

U can joke all u want about killing. We who have a functional mind do the same when u jokers worship a magic man in the sky and call yourselves the sane ones in the year 2015. ooooookkk....

Congrats on such a masterful hunt. The fam must be very proud of u. U should take a picture beside the dead animal and praise God for helping u kill it. Be sure to hang it on your wall and tell all your friends what a great hunter u are.
I killed 3 last year. With my car. I GOT MY LIMIT ON THOSE ELUSIVE CREATURES WITH A CAR. A 4 DOOR CAR!

@SOPA I didn't want to shoot a 7 point I saw yesterday but decided to after watching him walk with a big limp.. turns out he had already been shot previously in one of his front legs and that leg had lost all muscle and most use.... but I guess in your eyes I should have let the coyotes eventually get him?

U can joke all u want about killing. We who have a functional mind do the same when u jokers worship a magic man in the sky and call yourselves the sane ones in the year 2015. ooooookkk....
Here we go again.

Reactions: trp248
@SOPA I didn't want to shoot a 7 point I saw yesterday but decided to after watching him walk with a big limp.. turns out he had already been shot previously in one of his front legs and that leg had lost all muscle and most use.... but I guess in your eyes I should have let the coyotes eventually get him?

Maybe nurse him back to health and release him back to his family but I'm a crazy bat who thinks living things have the right to live. What an extremist I am

20151116_213536.jpg

I got the wall part covered for ya
@SOPA

Reactions: jlreich
Posting Pictures of dead deer is allowed on this board but don't dare take a picture by your dead pet or you will be laballed as mentally unstable. Makes total sense....

Posting Pictures of dead deer is allowed on this board but don't dare take a picture by your dead pet or you will be laballed as mentally unstable. Makes total sense....

Why not just stay out of the thread?

20151115_103651.jpg
Also @SOPA here is groundhog from Saturday that I tested my new rifle I just finished building on. 200 yards and it did the job...

Stay out of thread is equivalent to rape and murder??? Reach much???

let me come down a level so its easier for you to comprehend the point in case.

Why listen to the republican debate if you are a democrat? Why pray if its gods will regardless? Why throw the starfish back in the ocean when the others on the beach are going to die anyway? Why watch a movie you have already seen? etc....etc... etc...

Im not the guy who takes his ball and goes home because its not popular opinion. Animals have as much right to live as you or I do. Man made laws don't make them right and the bible damn sure doesn't get to dictate society because majority believe it.

We are not robots and should all THINK extremely hard before acting in a barbaric manner. Instead of killing these animals maybe you should start saving them

Last edited:
Be kind to all living things, you are not superior contrary to what you have been brainwashed to believe

So as far as deer go you would rather them in breed and die and suffer from other diseases due to over population? Instead I prefer to help control the population while harvesting all the meat to feed my family and actually have a use for the deer dieing as opposed to it all going to waste...

@SOPA can you answer my last post? If your against killing animals how do you think the population should be controlled???

SOPA equates deer and other animals to humans. I'd like to know how many times he's seen a young deer or any other animal ran over on the road, either dead or injured and has done something about it.

What would you do if it was a person? We would all stop and do anything to help. We would cover try to comfort or console them if they were injured. We would get them help. If they were deceased we would be heartbroken and traumatized.

But we all drive past dead animals every day. Even you SOPA. Because as much as you want to try and believe that all life is the same, even you realize that it's not.

Reactions: chicks1244
So as far as deer go you would rather them in breed and die and suffer from other diseases due to over population? Instead I prefer to help control the population while harvesting all the meat to feed my family and actually have a use for the deer dieing as opposed to it all going to waste...

Thats the excuse humans twist and turn so it conveniently fits , much like man did with the Indians and then apologize after man killed, murdered and pushed them off their land. We are so so sorry but....no way man is giving it back.

You have been mislead to believe killing animals is ok. So much literature you can read regarding mans ignorance but ill leave you with this link which hopefully will put it in perspective for you and the ole "provide the food for my family" card is tired. If you need food try going to the grocery store instead.

ill let this answer your question: http://www.onegreenplanet.org/animalsandnature/reasons-why-we-shouldnt-slaughter-animals-for-food/

SOPA equates deer and other animals to humans. I'd like to know how many times he's seen a young deer or any other animal ran over on the road, either dead or injured and has done something about it.

What would you do if it was a person? We would all stop and do anything to help. We would cover try to comfort or console them if they were injured. We would get them help. If they were deceased we would be heartbroken and traumatized.

But we all drive past dead animals every day. Even you SOPA. Because as much as you want to try and believe that all life is the same, even you realize that it's not.

Ive never seen a deer on the side of the road suffering or clinching to life but if i did i would attempt to help it. If it were a person i would also attempt to help it so i dont understand your point exactly. Death isnt something any of us can control but i would be just as heartbroken to see a deer freezing to death as i would a human. Deer do not suffer LESS than you or i. You are not Superior regardless to what your parents told you. You are not a special snowflake

I didnt say life is the same, i said animals have as much right to live on the planet as you do, its fair to say you might be brainwashed if you believe you are Superior . Its the year 2015 and all the excuses about why you kill dont work. The bible has lead most of you to believe that you are and thats where your brainwashing may have started

Thats the excuse humans twist and turn so it conveniently fits , much like man did with the Indians and then apologize after man killed, murdered and pushed them off their land. We are so so sorry but....no way man is giving it back.

You have been mislead to believe killing animals is ok. So much literature you can read regarding mans ignorance but ill leave you with this link which hopefully will put it in perspective for you and the ole "provide the food for my family" card is tired. If you need food try going to the grocery store instead.

ill let this answer your question: http://www.onegreenplanet.org/animalsandnature/reasons-why-we-shouldnt-slaughter-animals-for-food/
While that is a very funny read you still never answered my question on would you rather them over populate and begin inbreeding and causing them to suffer and die of diseases as opposed to a bullet or arrow that most of the time they are dead before they know what happened so there is no suffering. Also are you a vegetarian?

I'll never sit in the corner and be quiet about killing innocent animals. Never ever...

What makes you think they are all innocent? Some of them might be low down dirty bastages.

I hope you aren't typing this nonsense while eating a turkey sammich. In fact, you probably shouldn't eat meat at all. Vegan?

I don't hunt but I sure appreciate those that do so I am less likely to hit a deer with my car. SOPApilla prefers for deer to be killed by cars and disease
I have asked this and if he is a vegetarian in multiple threads and haven't got a straight forward answer in and my of the threads...

why not just let people rape, kill and murder others?

We're not talking about raping, killing, or murdering people we're talking about harvesting animals for survival. Same as your ancestors did or you wouldn't be here. You don't have to like it but you should at least try to be respectful.

Be kind to all living things, you are not superior contrary to what you have been brainwashed to believe

The ignorance here is astounding. Would you propose that we let all animals continue to breed and overpopulate so that they can die of starvation or disease? What about plants? Should we also leave plants alone? After all it's also life. What is it exactly that you eat to keep yourself alive? Are you for the extinction of the human race?

As to the superiority, man is at the top of the food chain buddy. Last I checked an elephant didn't create the keyboard you're typing on. A man who enjoys the luxury of filling his belly with protein did and the reason he was able to do so is because another man who also fills his belly with protein provided it for that man. And you know how he was able to do so? He harvested an animal be it pork, venison, beef, or fowl.

@SOPA is really going to have to answer the vegetarian question.

If you are a vegan, that's fine. You are at least ideologically consistent.

But if you eat meat, wear a leather belt or leather shoes you are utterly clueless and painfully hypocritical.

Eating meat harvested from hunting or fishing is far more humane that buying mass produced processed meat. A chicken that you buy at the store lived for three months while being pumped full of hormones and not allowed to sleep. It is a pretty awful process.

But fish allowed to live in a pond or stream or wild dove, deer or ducks have years to live natural healthy lives. Not to mention the fact that deer are over populated. Taking out breeding age does is good for the overall deer population.

There is nothing more natural or healthy than harvesting wild game. It is what our ancestors did to survive. And it is the most humane way to eat meat.

Reactions: chicks1244
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT