ADVERTISEMENT

Jessica Jackson on Mike Neighbors

Never be a fan of miss America never was great...Sorry but that is all I will ever remember from her.

When I saw the title, my first thought was, "Why would Jessie Jackson being saying anything about our new women's basketball coach?!" :eek::D

giphy.gif

Reactions: titanhawg
I didn't realize she had tweeted that. While I don't agree with that sentiment at all, I wouldn't hold it against her if she later realized it wasn't a smart thing to tweet. It was a pretty emotional time for the team. But I get that people have very strong opinions about that that are different from mine. And that's cool.

Personally, I give her a lot of credit for sticking with the Hogs when she easily could have transferred after Collen was fired -- or at any time after that, really -- but she stuck it out and gave the team and school her all, despite a pretty rotten environment. I respect her enormously for that, and I wish she'd gotten more out of her commitment to the Hogs.

WHAT DOES MISS AMERICA HAVE TO DO WITH THIS SOMEONE PLZ TELL ME??

I didn't realize she had tweeted that. While I don't agree with that sentiment at all, I wouldn't hold it against her if she later realized it wasn't a smart thing to tweet. It was a pretty emotional time for the team. But I get that people have very strong opinions about that that are different from mine. And that's cool.

Personally, I give her a lot of credit for sticking with the Hogs when she easily could have transferred after Collen was fired -- or at any time after that, really -- but she stuck it out and gave the team and school her all, despite a pretty rotten environment. I respect her enormously for that, and I wish she'd gotten more out of her commitment to the Hogs.
Well I do it shows how she feels. You can think nothing of those type things but there are a lot more people like me that do take that to heart. Funny thing is all these people who hate this country can easily move to another!

What he was saying -- and I admit it took me a while to figure this out -- is that Jessica was Miss "America was never great" because she tweeted something about that -- not "Miss America was never great."

So ... he was not actually referring to Miss America.

Reactions: srainbolt2
Well I do it shows how she feels. You can think nothing of those type things but there are a lot more people like me that do take that to heart. Funny thing is all these people who hate this country can easily move to another!

Not going to get into an argument about how many think what. I have nothing but an opinion about that. I certainly respect your perspective.

She tweeted that and took it down after it didn't go over well.

What's the difference in saying it never was great versus saying it's not great now? Obviously both are a matter of perspective and personal experience but I'm not sure I follow the logic behind being so rustled by one but fully accepting of the other. I'll hang up and listen.

Reactions: ACHRazorbacks
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT