ADVERTISEMENT

Joe Mixon Incident...

What part of her assaulting him first don't you understand? Do you need me to use a frame by frame demonstration?
So your argument is that any type of "assault" no matter how minor, justifies a right, face shattering, cross to the face? Is that really your arguement?

Had she kicked him in the shin, would a right cross to the face also be justified since she hit him first?

First off, there is only 2 things I HAVE to do. Be white and die. That's it. I understand women are different, but times have changed. If they ball up their fists and punch you in the face you're not going to continually let that happen. If you want to be treated like a woman act like one.

Reactions: anon_j0hjgb7us6s1a
So your argument is that any type of "assault" no matter how minor, justifies a right, face shattering, cross to the face? Is that really your arguement?

Had she kicked him in the shin, would a right cross to the face also be justified since she hit him first?
Please show me the link where I said his actions were Justified? I'm just saying if she wanted to be treated like a woman she should act like one. Shoving someone and slapping someone is not acceptable.

First off, there is only 2 things I HAVE to do. Be white and die. That's it. I understand women are different, but times have changed. If they ball up their fists and punch you in the face you're not going to continually let that happen. If you want to be treated like a woman act like one.
Would this incident have happened if she didn't shove him and slapped him first? No, as he was walking away when she shoved him

Holy . So out on this. I mean, no words.

Edit. Saw your response

Well if gender is it inconsequential what's the point of this post? If you walk up and if any person male or female walks up to any person and slaps them they should be expected to have retaliation of some sort.
I would no more strike a six year old boy than I would a girl. The point, that you seem to duck, is appropriate response is determined by many things, gender can be a part of it but just a part. Retaliation of some sort may be called for but it must be measured and reasoned otherwise you're reduced to the most base of our animal being.

Please show me the link where I said his actions were Justified? I'm just saying if she wanted to be treated like a woman she should act like one. Shoving someone and slapping someone is not acceptable.
ok. So not justified, we are getting somewhere. So what, in your mind, should be the punishment for this unjustifiable action? What action by Mixon would be considered justified in your mind?

Would this incident have happened if she didn't shove him and slapped him first? No, as he was walking away when she shoved him
You are talking out of both sides of your mouth and you don't even realize it. What you are saying hear indicates he was justified in his response bc she instigated the incident.

ok. So not justified, we are getting somewhere. So what, in your mind, should be the punishment for this unjustifiable action? What action by Mixon would be considered justified in your mind?
All I'm saying is that this never would have happened if she'd kept her hands to herself. So you think it's okay for women to just go around start shoving men and slapping the s*** out of them for any reason? I've been called an idiot a few times on this thread. Is it ok for me to have a female slap the shit out of them because they called me a name?

That's it. I understand women are different, but times have changed. If they ball up their fists and punch you in the face you're not going to continually let that happen. If you want to be treated like a woman act like one.

You may be right society has changed, but look at the percentage of people in this thread willing to defend Mixon, maybe 3 people vs everyone else posting. You are not in the majority in this debate, you have to understand that.

If a girl balls up her fist and tries punches you repeatedly (which is not what happened with Mixon), one of two things should happen imo. 1) If you feel like you are physically dominate in the situation, try to restrain her, push her away, or run if you have to. 2) If you feel like you are in serious physical harm, by any means do what you must to ensure your safety (without excessive violence). It's pretty simple, Mixon was in no way in any serious physical harm, thus he should have taken option #1.

You're trying to make your point by bringing a 6 year olds actions into this?
Don't be so literal the six year old is about as capable of self defense as this woman was against Mixon. You still stirring or just being dense today?

All I'm saying is that this never would have happened if she'd kept her hands to herself. So you think it's okay for women to just go around start shoving men and slapping the s*** out of them for any reason? I've been called an idiot a few times on this thread. Is it ok for me to have a female slap the shit out of them because they called me a name?
Didn't answer the question. What should be his punishment for his unjustified actions?

And no woman should not go around shoving men. but if they do the consequence should not be a broken face

Don't be so literal the six year old is about as capable of self defense as this woman was against Mixon. You still stirring or just being dense today?
I simply cannot carry on a conversation with someone that thinks a 6 year old has the same mental and physical abilities as a full-grown 20 year old woman.

You may be right society has changed, but look at the percentage of people in this thread willing to defend Mixon, maybe 3 people vs everyone else posting. You are not in the majority in this debate, you have to understand that.

If a girl balls up her fist and tries punches you repeatedly (which is not what happened with Mixon), one of two things should happen imo. 1) If you feel like you are physically dominate in the situation, try to restrain her, push her away, or run if you have to. 2) If you feel like you are in serious physical harm, by any means do what you must to ensure your safety (without excessive violence). It's pretty simple, Mixon was in no way in any serious physical harm, thus he should have taken option #1.
And I agree with all of this. But what I'm saying is that she initiated this. She's responsible for her actions. What he did was horrible and it was wrong but she should not have instigated it. I know there is bad parts of Little Rock and I should not go walking down there at 1 or 2 o'clock in the morning. But if I do and I get robbed whose fault is that?

And I agree with all of this. But what I'm saying is that she initiated this. She's responsible for her actions. What he did was horrible and it was wrong but she should not have instigated it. I know there is bad parts of Little Rock and I should not go walking down there at 1 or 2 o'clock in the morning. But if I do and I get robbed whose fault is that?
The people who robbed you. Are you suggesting they should not be punished?

You say what he did was not justified but then One post later said if she didn't start it nothing would of happened therefore his actions were justified
First I didn't say that and second of all that's not a double standard. Starting to doubt your intelligence here (or is it hear?) cowboy.

Please stop trolling and keep it on subject.
Please stop white trashing. The subject is you defending the guy who knocked the $%^& out of a girl half his size and broke her nose and/or jaw and walked away with what, a bruise to his ego, not even. When it comes to football, I agree with a lot of your posts, but you've chosen the wrong side on this one.

First I didn't say that and second of all that's not a double standard. Starting to doubt your intelligence here (or is it hear?) cowboy.

Nobody is debating whether she is in the right or wrong with what she did, of course she is responsible for her actions and had Mixon not did what he did, she may have gotten a criminal charge, the debate is- Was it necessary for him to punch her in the face after she slapped him?

not involved in the main debate here but wanted to ask opinion on some side issues.

1. If the male is way high or drunk does he get more leeway in how he is judged?

2. I wonder how the black community feels about this. I know, in general, they have different attitudes about many legal matters. Not saying it is a version of OJ Simpson but saying he might not be judged the same...........especially if the N word is shown to have been used.

BTW until I read what he said, I had NOT noticed she appeared to put her hands on his throat

Last edited by a moderator:
nothing to do with Mixon but still interesting............

More than 830,000 men fall victim to domestic violence every year. A man is the victim of domestic abuse every 37.8 seconds in America. These numbers are not inconsequential and the frequency is far from insignificant.

Jan Brown, executive director and founder of the Domestic Abuse Helpline for Men, stated that “domestic violence is not about size, gender, or strength. It’s about abuse, control, and power, and getting out of dangerous situations and getting help, whether you are a woman being abused, or a man.”

This thread proves TO ME why women should not be on the front line in combat. Too many males see women as being different, not equal.

Many leaders fear men will take unusual risk to defend a woman .....things they would not do to defend a male fellow solider

Is a woman every bit as capable as a man?
In terms of domestic violence and/or intimate partner violence, the conversation is, overwhelmingly, about what we need to talk about with our men and boys. This writer agrees: We need to talk to our boys and men about having respect for their partners in their relationships. Yet, that’s only part of the problem. Our girls and young ladies need to be taught what appropriate behavior is and what non-violent conflict resolution looks like.

We are paying the price for not having this conversation with our daughters because over the past 20 years or so we have been experiencing a disturbing trend. Meda Chesney-Lind points to this in her essay “Are Girls Closing the Gender Gap in Violence?”:

“Between 1989 and 1998, arrests of girls increased 50.3 percent, compared to only 16.5 percent for boys, according to the FBI’s 1999 report, Crime in the United States 1998. During that same period, arrests of girls for serious violent offenses increased by 64.3 percent and arrests of girls for ‘other assaults’ increased an astonishing 125.4 percent. In 1999, the Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention reported that the female violent crime rate for 1997 was 103 percent above the 1981 rate, compared to a 27 percent increase for males, prompting the statement that increasing juvenile female arrests and the involvement of girls in at-risk and delinquent behavior has been a pervasive trend across the United States.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT