ADVERTISEMENT

Kuddos Jerry Jones

g&h hog

Starter
Jul 3, 2002
Monette
IMG_0902_zpsila0fq1n.jpg
Other teams should take notes!

If you don't love this country, then carry your ass somewhere else. Crazy, sad, unexpected, unwarranted things happen, but that doesn't mean it's America's fault.
Some of us don't realize how good we have it here. Why don't you go live in Iraq or Afghanistan for awhile and see what kind of "oppression" you encounter while you're there. Shit happens. Some people deserve what they get and some people do not, but that doesn't mean you should disrespect our nation because of it. Get over yourselves.

If you don't love this country, then carry your ass somewhere else. Crazy, sad, unexpected, unwarranted things happen, but that doesn't mean it's America's fault.
Some of us don't realize how good we have it here. Why don't you go live in Iraq or Afghanistan for awhile and see what kind of "oppression" you encounter while you're there. Shit happens. Some people deserve what they get and some people do not, but that doesn't mean you should disrespect our nation because of it. Get over yourselves.

The problem is bigger than just "shit happens". The protests have nothing to do with the military.

200w.gif

Reactions: treestandhog
The problem is bigger than just "shit happens". The protests have nothing to do with the military.
Exactly! Stand your ass up, and join in the national anthem. Of all the officer involved shootings lately, some of those people definitely did not deserve to be KILLED as the cops could've shot to wound. But if you have a gun, and a cop tells you to drop it, but you do not, then you should expect to be shot. I would expect it.
The problem isn't the police. The problem is people's attitude toward the police and the way people think.
Like the kid that was shot down in Florida. He broke in a ladies house, and she shot him. His sister got on national television and said he shouldn't have been shot and proceeded to tell the world how it should be ok for him to break in someone's house and steal shit, because of how/where he was raised. "He needed some new clothes for school, well how else was he supposed to get em"
Her words, verbatim...

Last edited:
l agree that they should speak up about some of the things that are happening. I do not believe this is the right way to do it. This is not an America issue. This is select people who are idiots that are causing this.
That flag represents the land of the free, home of the brave and all of the men and women that have given people the right to speak up about issues like this. It should never be disrespected! Ever!

l agree that they should speak up about some of the things that are happening. I do not believe this is the right way to do it. This is not an America issue. This is select people who are idiots that are causing this.
That flag represents the land of the free, home of the brave and all of the men and women that have given people the right to speak up about issues like this. It should never be disrespected! Ever!

So rioting and looting is not the right way but peaceful and silent protesting isn't the right way either? What is the right way to do it?

So rioting and looting is not the right way but peaceful and silent protesting isn't the right way either? What is the right way to do it?
The only thing I don't agree with is the flag situation. I never said peaceful protesting wasn't the right way. Just not this way, IMO.

Do you also dislike the Confederate flag? Can't think of any thing that disrespects the American flag more than that.
I am not proud of the history in the south but I am a proud southerner because of the traditions and the lifestyle that I have lived under. It's not a south issue, it's not an America issue. It is an idiot issue.

Jerry Jones didn't say anything of the kind. Google it, before you start something up that's not real. The real issue is the Bill of Rights, it's not the flag, it's not the national anthem. We have the right to say or do whatever it is we believe, as long as we are not doing physical harm to someone else. The history of the treatment of African Americans in this country has been nothing less than barbaric. If you want to worship a flag or a song, go on ahead. For me, I revere the bill of rights and the constitution. And we need to keep this other nonsense off this board, especially when some wet brain invented it.

Jerry Jones didn't say anything of the kind. Google it, before you start something up that's not real. The real issue is the Bill of Rights, it's not the flag, it's not the national anthem. We have the right to say or do whatever it is we believe, as long as we are not doing physical harm to someone else. The history of the treatment of African Americans in this country has been nothing less than barbaric. If you want to worship a flag or a song, go on ahead. For me, I revere the bill of rights and the constitution. And we need to keep this other nonsense off this board, especially when some wet brain invented it.

You are right I doubt Jerry said that when I first read it. He would have lawsuits file against him so fast. What if half the team decide to sit? He gonna cut em? H3ll NAW!!!! It is not against NFL rules. There is nothing Jerry can do about it. Let him cut a black player for standing up for his rights... he will never sign another black free agent again. Jerry is not stupid

Reactions: Woodshed 1914
The treatment of the American Indian is worse.

I'm not commenting on this particular issue other than to point out that the U.S. Constitution and Bill of Rights only prevents the government from infringing upon your rights; an employer can still dictate what is and what is not acceptable behavior for its employees. Our right to freedom of speech does not eliminate the possibility of negative consequences to the exercise of free speech.

The treatment of African-Americans "was" barbaric back in the day....but that was then...not now. The problem nowadays is 1.) Race baiting politicians who stir up discontent/blame/anger so they can have or keep their job...and 2.) black communities in many places that bring trouble on themselves by not valuing an education...which leads to fewer employment opportunities...not adhering to rules and laws, having kids they can't fford, and believing the hatred spewed by the morons in 1.)....thus living in the past instead of moving forward.

The African/African-American race isn't at all blameless in history....they made slaves of Caucasian and other races...even their own...back in history. Then like now, their own people sold them out. Its not a white/black problem....it's now only a problem that black leaders can fix....BUT ONLY through education AND abiding by laws...getting rid of the drugs/gangs, going to work, and getting rid of the professional race baiters that run their communities/cities...and get rich while nothing changes for the people who elected them....MOVE FORWARD AND STOP WITH THIS TOTALLY IGNORANT "RACIST" TALK.

This IS The Land of Opportunity....for those who will get off their azzes and WORK FOR IT.

Reactions: g&h hog
Football is my escape, break from reality for some entertainment for 3 hours like when I go to see a most movies. FANTASY football is successful for a reason. The tradition of the flag, anthem and football is part of this show. It would just be nice to keep reality out of it.

As a celebrity athlete go on another political venue, talk show to state your cause for change. Quit your job and run for office because right now football is my vacation and you are a fly in my margarita!

The treatment of African-Americans "was" barbaric back in the day....but that was then...not now. The problem nowadays is 1.) Race baiting politicians who stir up discontent/blame/anger so they can have or keep their job...and 2.) black communities in many places that bring trouble on themselves by not valuing an education...which leads to fewer employment opportunities...not adhering to rules and laws, having kids they can't fford, and believing the hatred spewed by the morons in 1.)....thus living in the past instead of moving forward.

The African/African-American race isn't at all blameless in history....they made slaves of Caucasian and other races...even their own...back in history. Then like now, their own people sold them out. Its not a white/black problem....it's now only a problem that black leaders can fix....BUT ONLY through education AND abiding by laws...getting rid of the drugs/gangs, going to work, and getting rid of the professional race baiters that run their communities/cities...and get rich while nothing changes for the people who elected them....MOVE FORWARD AND STOP WITH THIS TOTALLY IGNORANT "RACIST" TALK.

This IS The Land of Opportunity....for those who will get off their azzes and WORK FOR IT.

Smh.......

Reactions: eqthomas325

Can this thread not be moved to the other board? One, it's not true that Jones said that and two, a lot of people seem to be missing the forest for all the trees.

Don't let it stress you bro. Its obvious we live in two different worlds. I wonder if some of the people in this thread are this passionate about people they see riding around protesting the "American flag" with confederate flags on their vehicle or any other confederate paraphernalia. I wonder..

Smh.......
I shook my head as well when I read @treestandhog Post. I thought it was quite interesting when he stated that treatment of blacks were barbaric "back in the day". I would love to know what he thought the Tulsa shooting was because that seemed pretty cruel to me. Also, I thought it was quite sad that he refused to acknowledge that this is an AMERICAN issue not just an black issue.

^^^^Perfect example of the problem right here.

Common ground will not be found in the form of any protest that within itself separates that person from easily identified common ground. We are all Americans. So refusing one of the only public symbols that binds us together reflects an image of which that person does not want what they claim to desire. (Commonality). In fact common sense tells us that person is asking for equality but not commonality. Separate but equal? No thanks

The answer to your question is peaceful protest that doesn't have the soul intent of separating ones self from the collective while still attempting to change the collectives perspective.

This IMO is not lost on the race baiters but they purposely drive devisive (not inclusive) agendas because it is how they make their money and keep their fame/power.

Yes there are bad people in the world. Of all races not just one or two. And I'm talking to both sides of this argument here. The majority of people in our country allow themselves to believe the narrative that speaks to them vs seeing the reality that can draw us all closers together. We are all human. Every life matters. We must all care for each other. We cannot let our past dictate our future. Not whites longing for the immoral advantages of inhumane segregation laws nor blacks who can't move past american slavery of which they never experienced.

Growing up black in an empoverished inner city is no more slavery than growing up white to a meth head in a trailer is white privilege. Both are designed narratives built to divide us further. We should all long to help both situations. Either with our own 2 hands or through support of programs and ideas that elevate them. Education, family support, youth mentor programs, jobs. We have to break the cycle that leads broken homes, poor education, and poverty. If we have strong families that have educated children then their poverty will end. Period.

Last edited:
Reactions: hawg 4 life
I just want to clarify that by idiot issue I am referring to the idiots that are so quick to pull the trigger instead of a taser.

Yes, this has got to be fixed. Not all police are like this. Not all Americans are like this, in fact, I believe a majority of Americans and policemen are understanding on this issue. It needs to get corrected, now! It baffles me every time an officer is quick to kill a person. But, with the issue that was in the original post of this thread, I do not agree with lumping all Americans, southerners and the national anthem in with the idiots that continue to kill for no reason. They should be trained to use all other options before firing. That is why they have tasers.

The Tulsa situation was simply murder. She should spend the rest of her life in jail.

Common ground will not be found in the form of any protest that within itself separates that person from easily identified common ground. We are all Americans. So refusing one of the only public symbols that binds us together reflects an image of which that person does not want what they claim to desire. (Commonality). In fact common sense tells us that person is asking for equality but not commonality. Separate but equal? No thanks

The answer to your question is peaceful protest that doesn't have the soul intent of separating ones self from the collective while still attempting to change the collectives perspective.

This IMO is not lost on the race baiters but they purposely drive devisive (not inclusive) agendas because it is how they make their money and keep their fame/power.

Yes there are bad people in the world. Of all races not just one or two. And I'm talking to both sides of this argument here. The majority of people in our country allow themselves to believe the narrative that speaks to them vs seeing the reality that can draw us all closers together. We are all human. Every life matters. We must all care for each other. We cannot let our past dictate our future. Not whites longing for the immoral advantages of inhumane segregation laws nor blacks who can't move past american slavery of which they never experienced.

Growing up black in an empoverished inner city is no more slavery than growing up white to a meth head in a trailer is white privilege. But we should all long to help both. Either with our own 2 hands or through support of programs and ideas that elevate them. Education, family support, youth mentor programs, jobs. We have to break the cycle that leads broken homes, poor education, and poverty. If we have strong families that have educated children then their poverty will end. Period.
You just said it perfectly.

Growing up black in an empoverished inner city is no more slavery than growing up white to a meth head in a trailer is white privilege. But we should all long to help both. Either with our own 2 hands or through support of programs and ideas that elevate them. Education, family support, youth mentor programs, jobs. We have to break the cycle that leads broken homes, poor education, and poverty. If we have strong families that have educated children then their poverty will end. Period.

There is no such thing as a "comfortable" protest though. The protest are meant to make people uncomfortable in order to start the conversation. And that is exactly what has happened. The issue is that both conservative and liberal politicians have jumped in the make it about politics. Whether you are willing to admit it or not. Police Brutality is a problem in America. And that includes blacks, whites, Hispanics, etc....if one person dies because an officer got nervous or scared then that is one too many. Boss people are getting shot while laying on the ground with their hands in the air. That's a problem my man.

I just find it amazing that so many have am issue with a silent protest of the flag. But say nothing when they see the Confederate Flag (the most clear form is protest) on a daily Basis. Which proves that we indeed live in two different worlds.

And the looting, car burning,rock throwing protests. Those are conversation starters too right.

There is no such thing as a "comfortable" protest though. The protest are meant to make people uncomfortable in order to start the conversation. And that is exactly what has happened. The issue is that both conservative and liberal politicians have jumped in the make it about politics. Whether you are willing to admit it or not. Police Brutality is a problem in America. And that includes blacks, whites, Hispanics, etc....if one person dies because an officer got nervous or scared then that is one too many. Boss people are getting shot while laying on the ground with their hands in the air. That's a problem my man.

I just find it amazing that so many have am issue with a silent protest of the flag. But say nothing when they see the Confederate Flag (the most clear form is protest) on a daily Basis. Which proves that we indeed live in two different worlds.
Half of that is pure rhetoric. Did you know that whites in armed police stops are killed at virtually the same % rate as blacks? And at twice the volume as blacks? No doubt more blacks are targeted by the police for stops. Dispropotionately so to a large % number. However there is also no doubt that blacks commit vastly more crimes % wise than any other race in our country. This is not a justification but a common sense understanding. Here is a chart representing what the crime volume would look like if black and white populations were the same size.

Screenshot_20160924-091318_zpsuusedi0c.png

https://infogr.am/Black-34991937313

Those things make us all pause to hear. So let's break it down where it's not about race, BECAUSE IT'S NOT.

Why is there a greater crime problem in the black community? Because there is a poverty problem in the black community. There is also a family problem that helps exacerbate the poverty problem as well.

Disclaimers.

This isn't just a black problem. Stereotypes do exist and it multiplies these issues. But these issues exist in pockets of virtually every race in our nation.

Poor is poor my friend. And poverty is statistically the #1 factor in crime. Broken families and poor education are the largest contributing factors to poverty. Where should we be focusing our efforts then? A protest or in ALL of our communities through awareness of the real restraints and active attempts to break these cycles.

Yes, this is a conservative rag that i dont agree woth some of the points it tries to make but the numbers are real and shocking to those who don't know them....

http://www.dailywire.com/news/7264/5-statistics-you-need-know-about-cops-killing-aaron-bandler#

Last edited:
Reactions: hawg 4 life
Half of that is pure rhetoric. Did you know that whites in armed police stops are killed at virtually the same % rate as blacks? Amd at twice the volume as blacks? No doubt more blacks are targeted by the police for stops. Dispropotionately so. Howevwr there is also no doubt that blacks commit vastly more crimes % wise than any other race in our country. This is not a justification but a common sense understanding.

Those things make us all pause to hear. So let's break it down where it's not about race, BECAUSE IT'S NOT.

Why is there a greater crime problem in the black community? Because there is a poverty problem in the black community. There is also a family problem that helps exacerbate the poverty problem as well.

Disclaimers.

This isn't just a black problem. Stereotypes do exist and it multiplies these issues. But these issues exist in pockets of virtually every race in our nation.

Poor is poor my friend. And poverty is statistically the #1 factor in crime. Broken families and poor education are the largest contributing factors to poverty. Where should we be focusing our efforts then? A protest or in ALL of our communities through awareness of the real restraints and active attempts to break these cycles.

Yes, this is a conservative rag that i dont agree woth some of the points it tries to make but the numbers are real and shocking to those who don't know them....

http://www.dailywire.com/news/7264/5-statistics-you-need-know-about-cops-killing-aaron-bandler#

Did you not see where I said it affects Blacks, Whites, and Hispanics all the like? Part of the reason the "statistics" are skewed is because the majority of patrolling is done in areas with a high concentration of Blacks. You can't articulate how life is for a certain race when you've never lived it. That's the funniest thing in all of this. I'm not going to debate hyperbole. Riddle me this. Why aren't you supporting the protest against police Brutality. You just clearly admitted that you know that it is a problem in all communities? And also why don't you see the Confederate flag as a form of disrespect/protest?

Did you not see where I said it affects Blacks, Whites, and Hispanics all the like? Part of the reason the "statistics" are skewed is because the majority of patrolling is done in areas with a high concentration of Blacks. You can't articulate how life is for a certain race when you've never lived it. That's the funniest thing in all of this. I'm not going to debate hyperbole. Riddle me this. Why aren't you supporting the protest against police Brutality. You just clearly admitted that you know that it is a problem in all communities? And also why don't you see the Confederate flag as a form of disrespect/protest?

I don't see the Confederate Flag the way you do. You fail to use your own logic. You say empathy can't be had because we haven't lived in each others shoes and then make a statement about how I should feel on a topic. My argument is founded in factual evidence and statistical support. Yours is emotion driven. You say you want "equality" and in the same argument tell me just who different we are and that i could never be you. Are you saying that I can't understand the plight of the black community simply because I'm white? If so this is yet just another way to separate from the collective. Your rhetoric (whites csnt understand) is founded in inequality will never gain you compassion or understanding let alone equal footing from those who arent just like you.

As for police Brutality and spcifically police Homicide it is accounted for in less than 1% of 1% in all police stops. So 1 in 1 million stops results in a tragedy. Wouldn't you want most aspects of our lives to have that success rate? Our people do not live in a vacuume and neither do our police operate in one. Plus they are people and that means a guarantee of failure or breakdown at some point.

Absolutely not, Brutality and death is not acceptably. PERIOD. However you are kidding yourself if you think our police force is going to be perfect. The factual numbers say they are damn near that mark though.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT